The unofficial, non binding, carries no weight, 2021 forum knife possibility discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
folks who enjoy GEC will be thankful that they can get one without the same scramble that has been the case in the last year or so
That's what has me most excited at this point. :):thumbsup:

hot dang I need those pants!!
I remember in the 70's when those pants were all the rage with the western crowd... made by Lee i think.

Last year, in the threads for the bf knife, people alluded to the nastiness those threads regularly cause. I had thought it went extremely smooth. Now i get to experience the real deal. I hope some of the people that are boycotting gec due to frustration end up deciding to get one of these. If you only have one gec and are a member here, it should be a forum knife. Hopefully people can put their prejudices aside and enjoy this knife, whatever it may be.

But flipper was not a narwhal.
But he was "faster than lightning, for no-one you see, is faster than he". He sure killed a lot of varmints by punching them with his nose.

I've been thinking I might not get this knife, because I have a BF (2020) knife, and I really don't need any more BF knives or knives in general. But I just ordered an 8" chefs' knife I don't need, so who can say?

I am very much looking forward to getting my first GEC knife. I am curious about the quality difference between GEC and Case, I have been very pleased at the quality coming from Case. The fact that it will be a forum knife only makes it that much more special. Thank you, to all involved.

Don

I am very much looking forward to getting my first GEC knife. I am curious about the quality difference between GEC and Case, I have been very pleased at the quality coming from Case. The fact that it will be a forum knife only makes it that much more special. Thank you, to all involved.

Don

long time Case guy here... I’m very excited for you. I was nervous to try something different than a Case, especially in 1095 as opposed to stainless, but I’m a convert.

Ill be more than happy with a knife designed by bill the butcher

I don’t know, I feel like he removes too much metal when he puts on the factory edge.

MweC7bz.png

(More here in the movies thread.)

He was drummed out of the 23rd Porchenburgh McHighland Regiment of Foot and Mouth...
Meanwhile aboard the whaling ship The Porchy Dick...things were not as they should be....
Capt: (impatiently and exasperated) Helmsman Waynorth..! Why do the crew moan so? Have I not had the deck they must scrub daily built of the finest, hardest timber available?? What ails them Man?"
HW: eyebrow raises slightly but gaze never moves from horizon) That is what BE the problem Sir.
Capt: What on Eearth are you talking about In your grammatically incorrect seafaring patois?
HW: The deck Sir.
Capt: The Deck ? Explain yourself.
HW: Aye the deck...it be of such high quality it dont need no holystonin' so they whinges aboot the colour n grain n the way it be nailed t'gether n where the timber come from n the like...
Capt: Good Lord !!Thank you Helmsman you may go. (thinking) note to self have the bosun flog the entire crew and send word via homing pigeon to Bills Great Eastern Deck Works of Porchenburg Harbour,Porchenburg to reduce quality immediately.....yairss that should solve the problem"

Some of your best work, meako! :thumbsup: I particularly enjoyed “Bill’s Great Eastern Deck Works.” :D :D

long time Case guy here... I’m very excited for you. I was nervous to try something different than a Case, especially in 1095 as opposed to stainless, but I’m a convert.
Thank you Sir.
GEC knives are so quick to sell out, by the time I open the email they are gone. They also seem to get 2 or 3 times more expensive once they leave the factory. It is quite frustrating, but I am a patient man.

Don

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back