The Watches CRK People Wear...

Figured they needed some real watches to go with all the knives. ;-)

Regards,
Adam

4WithSeb_zps28f6d147.jpg

Holding5.jpg

10withWatches_zpsc49ad69f.jpg

Figured they needed some real watches to go with all the knives. ;-)

Regards,
Adam
That's my Seamaster you asked about, elsewhere! Small world!

Edit: Whoops, just a very similar username. Disregard! Nice collection!

Regards,

You gotta take the next step and move on from your Rolex phase – there's a whole world out there just waiting for you.

Regards,
Adam

I guess I exemplify that. I am now wearing a rubber and (mostly) plastic smart/fitness watch that can do some amazing things. The others have been in the safe for months.

That said, I like Rolex and regardless of price/exclusivity/whatever, I still look to a Presidential as top of the heap in luxury watches (for various reasons, mostly personal).

So, what are they?

- Vintage Audemars Piguet Series A Royal Oak ref. 5402
- Vintage Tudor Submariner "Blue Snowflake" ref. 9401
- Jaeger-LeCoultre Tribute to 1931 Reverso U.S. Edition
- Chopard Chrono One
- Rolex Daytona
- Blancpain Fifty-Fathoms Bathyscaphe in ceramised titanium
- Vintage Sinn 142S
- Tempus Machina "Red Depth" modified no-date Submariner
- Jaeger-LeCoultre Master Moon Ultra-thin

And hey, I love me some Rolex too -- my Deepsea Sea-Dweller D-Blue is one of my favorite watches -- but the rabbit hole runs deep in this hobby, just as it does with knives, and there are a ton of manufactures, both old and new, that are worth a look.

In many ways, I view Rolex and CRK as analogous in that they're both mass-produced in a relative sense (almost a million per year in Rolex's case), yet their quality remains beyond reproach, and as a result their resale value is tops. I will never hesitate to recommend a Rolex to someone new to the game, but for folks looking to stand apart from the crowd, there are plenty of interesting choices lurking just off the beaten path.

Regards,
Adam

PS - I hope it's clear that I most definitely do not own all the watches listed above. The pic was taken at a gathering for watch collectors.

Oh, but I have. It's stuffy, but not nearly as bad as being around Craniotes. ;)

My intention wasn't to offend you, but as is often the case, "wink-wink" nuance is lost on the internet. Anyway, clearly you're into watches, and since you already have the Rolex thing down pat, why not branch out a bit on your next purchase? Variety is the spice of life after all. ;-)

Regards,
Adam

My intention wasn't to offend you, but as is often the case, "wink-wink" nuance is lost on the internet. Anyway, clearly you're into watches, and since you already have the Rolex thing down pat, why not branch out a bit on your next purchase? Variety is the spice of life after all. ;-)

Regards,
Adam

You seem to assume I've never had or even tried on other watches, and you're very wrong. I just went back to what I like best. So get over yourself.

You seem to assume I've never had or even tried on other watches, and you're very wrong. I just went back to what I like best. So get over yourself.
You're right, and that was presumptuous of me. What can I say, my main passion, and indeed my business is horology, and sometimes in my zeal to preach my enthusiasm gets the better of me. At the end of the day we should always buy what we like and wear what we buy, so kudos to you for finding your sweet spot. Again, my apologies for offending your sensibilities and I do hope that your Rolexes will continue to bring you joy in the years to come.

Regards,
Adam

Anyway, Sunday switch.

Helson Shark Diver 45 and an old Regular with old style clip, no-date handles, and unmarked blade. I should probably send it in to see what the hell I have.

Back