The "Whatever" Thread

So I went to the park I always go to and wandered around for a bit, but it was uncomfortably muggy from the low lying clouds and super light drizzle that I left after only an hour or so.
I did get a few pics though.
zBoyZJ2.jpg

5zVgP1Q.jpg

BwqCpOf.jpg

So I get in my truck and said sh..oot, I didn't get a good work out (though I was sweating like I had) and wasn't ready to head home just yet so I decided to go check out another park I'd found on google maps in the next town over.
The new park looked small but it is next to what used to be a river and had a couple of good reviews so I headed over to have a look see.....
dvgvA1Z.jpg

wrQzl61.jpg

It was more like a stagnant pond than a river.
I was hoping to see some wildlife like herons and or turtles, but there was just a bunch of ducks swimming around and taking up all the space on the logs on the far bank.
Oh well, there are other parks and I at least got outdoors for a while.

I'll be going back to the park next to Puget Sound next week to hike the trails in the woods I missed the last time I was there.

You all have a fun and safe Labor Day weekend.
I'm going up north of here to visit with my little sister this week end.:):thumbsup:

OK guys, I was looking at the pic of the mushroom and noticed the tic looking thing, but I've never seen a tic around here before so I cropped the heck out of the pic and the little critter has pincers.:eek:
And upon further research I do believe it is a Pseudoscorpion.
:cool:
MwtXGAY.jpg

Just enjoyed a sunny, breezy, bug-free, Fall-like awesome hike in one of my favorite spots this morning. While hiking, I realized that this is my 35th year of visiting this area. How time flies!

Jeff

saw an article the other day about a new leukemia treatment using the patient's own white cells -- they harvest some, tweak the genome a bit to make it better able to target cancer cells, grow a bunch of them, then tranfuse them back in -- if there are no significant results within 30 days, the treatment is free, but if it does work, the treatment can keep working for years, letting the body police itself.

Back up and running, had no internet most of the week and couldn't get very far from the house the first half of the week due to all the flooding from the hurricane. Luckily for me our house did not flood, wish I could say the same for everyone but it's pretty bad down our way for a lot of people. Work is going to be crazy next week with everyone pulling double shifts all week so I won't be around much but will check in when able.

After our home flooded last year the perspective my wife and I share changed dramatically. Prayers to all affected by the flood. It's good knowing you made it through. If things get tough over the next several weeks try to focus on the good things and how fortunate you are. Best of luck and continued prayers.

Due to heavy rains Friday, all the single track (dirt) trails in the area were closed this weekend. Still got a 6mile bike ride in with my son and my father-in-law. It was all paved paths, but still a good ride.

Hope you are all enjoying the Labor Day holiday.

I'm currently watching my son stalk wasps and horse flies around our back yard with his BB gun (he's wearing eye pro and is being supervised). Don't get much better than this.

I went to visit with my little sister up state this weekend and had a pretty good time.:thumbsup:
She's been staying in a 20 foot travel trailer on her ex's property until she finds a house to buy.
The property is actually her daughters now as the ex died a couple of week ago.:(
He was into old military vehicles and had a collection ranging from a duce and a half to motorcycles and everything in between.:cool:
xMHdb4r.jpg

Check out the Power Wagon.Drool drool.
The shipping containers are full of the bikes and in-betweens.:eek:
OSsQVi6.jpg

Sis showed me the nearby creek and we sat and did a bit of reminiscing.....
h8fac8b.jpg

And naturally we got to talking about knives, so when we got back to the house she showed me her little collection as she used to hunt a lot when she lived in Montana.
Some she bought herself and some she inherited from our mom.(she was closer to our mother than I was) Her favorite and one she bought herself is an Old Timer Sharp Finger. Smart girl!:thumbsup:
She said I could take what I wanted as she didn't have a use for them anymore so I chose the Old Hickory cleaver, the Buck 110(both from mom) and a bayonet she found stuck in a log when she was hunting near her place in Montana when she lived out there.
The 110 is a 3 dot, the cleaver is just friggin cool and I thought the bayonet was fairly cool too.
The bayonet's seen better days and was modified rather crudely, but the blade and handle are solid, so since she didn't have a use for it I said what the heck, I'll take it thank you.
All in all a good weekend catching up with family.:)
tlfQh67.jpg

The 110 is a 3 dot, the cleaver is just friggin cool and I thought the bayonet was fairly cool too.
The bayonet's seen better days and was modified rather crudely, but the blade and handle are solid, so since she didn't have a use for it I said what the heck, I'll take it thank you.
All in all a good weekend catching up with family.:)
tlfQh67.jpg

Great share Mykel and some very cool adds to your collection. Pretty psyched about the bayonet. :cool: Don't know why but just appeals to me to have been found in the woods and now finds an appreciative home.

Ray

I'm in lust with that M37 power wagon & trailer!
congrats on getting some quality time with your sister.

Back