The "Whatever" Thread

Taking the next four days off. Tomorrow and Saturday we are helping Becky and Jonny get their yard ready, the wedding is Sunday, and I am helping clean up Monday. Back in the shop on Tuesday.

Take it easy John. Hopefully the weather cooperates with you all. Also, congrats to Becky and Jonny!

The air quality is so bad here because of smoke from wildfires that the sun is orange.:eek:
And it looks like a volcano erupted with all the ash covering everything.
Hopefully the weather forecasters will be right and we'll get some marine air pushing in later today and I can go for a hike tomorrow.
So I did get out the next day and here's the sun with some clouds drifting by.
Taken somewheres around 9 or 10 in the morn.
VNnKM1e.jpg

And some of the ash caught in a spyder web.
MyLUVwD.jpg

And a Flicker.
Pretty bird.
CovaRg5.jpg

kzC8n0Z.jpg

If you guys are on Facebook please post pictures of your knives and tag me in your post.
I hate Facebook, but my sister is on it so I am also on a limited basis.
I'll post some JKs next time I'm there.
How does one "tag" you?

Ok for todays hike I went back to the park with the beach, but I first hiked up a trail through the woods then hit the beach.
Going up.
h0kzKd7.jpg

And up.
QdIoHR4.jpg

And over the bridge.
ulGEx5g.jpg

The bridge from even further up the trail.
The trail did a bunch of switchbacks after the bridge, but old Myke kept plugging along to the top.:rolleyes:
xix58Cl.jpg

The light spot in the center of this stump is fatwood, but being in the park I naturally couldn't harvest any.:(
Jf08Qa3.jpg

Spyder web.
My5bvzE.jpg

Gnarly old Maples on the way down.
lWqiAc6.jpg

Cedar growing on a cedar stump.
XYT8ASw.jpg

CoVUg27.jpg

And finally the beach.
Looking west towards the Olympic Mtns.
du1jSVt.jpg

Last edited:
DONE!

I got home about an hour ago, tore off the sport coat/business clothes, put on what the wife Cale's "comfy clothes" and opened a beer.

As usual, awesome photos Mykel. I spent so much time in a hotel conference room today that when I finally left I expected it to be dark outside. The wife and I tried to go for a walk at the local park along the Fox river yesterday afternoon but the bugs were thick enough to choke on.

Taking the next four days off. Tomorrow and Saturday we are helping Becky and Jonny get their yard ready, the wedding is Sunday, and I am helping clean up Monday. Back in the shop on Tuesday.
John, have a great time.

Set up a 25' x 50' canopy and a smaller screen tent for the food today, then set up tables and chairs.

Haven't posted in a while so took this shot while down in the workshop. They're sitting on a 4" thick cross cut of Koa a friend gave me.

mjqwLFN.jpg

Back