1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The "Whatever" Thread

Discussion in 'JK Handmade Knives' started by JK Knives, Nov 11, 2013.

1. mykel m

mykel m Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 11, 2009
    Back off mister, back off.;)

Yup, but it has been rendered inoperable. There's one on a Willys also Sis tells me.:cool:

2. fishiker

fishiker

Nov 5, 2006
    Yesterday was the first day of school for our little one. He only goes a couple days per week for a half day but that didn't keep my wife from breaking down. Luckily for me he took it much better than she did.
    [​IMG]

Nature Boy, mykel m, glennbad and 2 others like this.
  3. JK Knives

JK Knives Moderator Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Mar 6, 2001
    Your boy is growing up fast, I remember when he was born!

mykel m and Kalibr906 like this.
  4. mykel m

mykel m Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 11, 2009
    The air quality is so bad here because of smoke from wildfires that the sun is orange.:eek:
    And it looks like a volcano erupted with all the ash covering everything.
    Hopefully the weather forecasters will be right and we'll get some marine air pushing in later today and I can go for a hike tomorrow.

5. fishiker

fishiker

Nov 5, 2006
    I've seen pics of the fires, I'm sure it's much worse in person. Make the most of it and stay safe.

mykel m likes this.
  6. JK Knives

Mar 6, 2001
    Time to start cleaning the shop for the class this weekend. Looks like this may be the last one.

Kalibr906 likes this.
  7. JK Knives

Mar 6, 2001
    All ready for the class today! I really enjoy these, they are pretty fun!

mykel m, Wurrwulf and YoungCurmudgeon like this.
  8. greatscoot

greatscoot Hambone Fakenamington Platinum Member

Jul 21, 2012
    Can't wait to see pics. That is always cool.

mykel m likes this.
  9. YoungCurmudgeon

YoungCurmudgeon

Oct 15, 2014
    The JK knife making class was one of the best things I've done as an adult. I got to spend a weekend with my dad, met some really cool people, and came home with a truly one-of-a-kind knife. Amazing.
    Enjoy it and post pics.

mykel m likes this.
  10. JK Knives

Mar 6, 2001
    IMG_0514.PNG Got some sweet goodies today!

greatscoot likes this.
  11. jbarsquat

jbarsquat Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 22, 2017
    Very cool! How was day one of the class? I'll agree that it was one of the coolest things I've done in a long long time! It was a million times more fun than the class I sat in today! 9 hours about diagnosing 6.7 Ford power stroke issues.... painful

JK Knives likes this.
  12. JK Knives

Mar 6, 2001
    Today went well!

13. JK Knives

Mar 6, 2001
    IMG_0521.PNG

mykel m, glennbad and Wurrwulf like this.
  14. JK Knives

Mar 6, 2001
    It's looking like a lot of changes need to happen to get this place going like it used to be. I'm trying to figure out how to do that.

15. glennbad

glennbad Knife Moddin' Fool Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Jan 13, 2003
    John, I've said it before. Your product is great, at a great price, and will sell itself once more people see it. However, your fans here cannot keep the wheels turning by themselves. You've already sold us on how great your knives are, you need to "get the word out" in other venues. I know you have tried that here and there, online, etc. Honestly, it will take a bit of luck to get your name to become the household word that it should be. You just need that one spark to catch fire, maybe a signature product that only you offer?

People like free stuff. How about a GAW of a nice knife, maybe only for customers who order in the next 3 months or something? I also appreciate seeing more offerings in handle materials besides G10/micarta. Some buyers like flashy things, like mosaic pins and colored liners.

Everybody makes knives. What makes YOUR knives stand out apart from others? I think the online/social media community is the key to getting your brand to take off. I don't know what that "one thing" is that will set things in motion, but I'll certainly do what I can to help your efforts!

16. JK Knives

Mar 6, 2001
    Good points. I've been offering a pretty good selection of woods, and have been doing mosaic pins for about a year now.
    I also post quite a bit on FB, but can't recall ever seeing anyone else post any of my knives there. Maybe that could change?
    The giveaway is a good idea, just not sure how to go about doing it.
    Signature product, not a clue on that one.

17. JK Knives

Mar 6, 2001
    If you guys are on Facebook please post pictures of your knives and tag me in your post.

18. jbarsquat

jbarsquat Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 22, 2017
    I'm not on facebook, but I'd be happy to have one of those fancy JK banners as my signature here. I do post in other areas and mention your knives whenever it applies. I'd also wear a JK knives shirt when I'm out and about running errands. Is there such a thing?

19. JK Knives

Mar 6, 2001
    One of the members did the signature banners. At one time there were hats but they got too expensive.

20. JK Knives

Mar 6, 2001
    I think it's kind of strange that almost all the people who used to post here on a regular basis are no longer around. Not sure what's going on?