The "Whatever" Thread

Cool trip report, Chris.

I've only been to Starved Rock one time. Really interesting place, albeit a little too crowded. IIRC, the waterfall we went to was still ice. This was probably 3 or 4 years ago.

The wife and I took a page from mykel m mykel m and did some hiking today at Starved Rock.

It's been so dry here that the canyons are dry and there isn't a single waterfall flowing.
Great pics Chris.
Too bad about the dry (starving ;)) falls, but at least there's enough water for the frogs.:thumbsup:
It's finally raining up here in the PNW after a long dry summer.

Here's a few from yesterday.
More birds n bees and flowers n trees.:)
Sorry John, no snake pics.
bI0LyZa.jpg

nPY2E5t.jpg

wFN1rup.jpg

wS9iFwV.jpg

7C8qfKV.jpg

For knife content I was carrying the BullNose I got from NJBill a while ago.:cool:
kXM07Wa.jpg

Thanks to all of you guys for all of the pics! Starved rock should be looking really good in a couple weeks, head back then and maybe there will be a trickle at some of the falls. I am chained to my desk for 20 straight days, on day 15 right now. Can't wait to see the sun again!

A few more from the trails today.

This is either a Cooper's hawk or a Sharp Shinned.
He was way up in this dead tree and I had to use max zoom on the P&S so the image isn't all that great.
PtkemP1.jpg

And I actually saw a snake.(sorry John)
It finally rained yesterday/last night and the temps have dropped so I didn't think I'd be seeing anymore snakes, but this guy came out for some sun.
I was pretty much standing in the same spot for both the Hawk and snake pics.
hT8Z37t.jpg

And the knife for the day was my back pocket.
Thanks again to Todd and grunt.
vMdJDpl.jpg

Last edited:
Back