The "Whatever" Thread

Sounds like a good say john. And grunt soldier i have a few subcompacts. I just dont really like the feel on the draw but carrying them is way more comfy. Im in north georgia so its ruff carrying my full size p220 in the summer.

Sounds like a great day. I love walking through old hardware stores but my wife doesn't share my enthusiasm.
Connie likes looking through old stores, guess I'm lucky.
They even had all sorts of ammo there. I asked the guy working there about axes, he said he remembers seeing some older wood handle ones in the basement (all they had on display were Estwings), but since he was the only one working he couldn't go look for them. He said I should come back on a Saturday when there was more than one person working and he would look for them.

I'm up to 400 rounds through this sig p365 and it is awesome. Being honest here it will change the small gun game. It holds 10 plus 1 and is like an inch smaller than my g43 with a plus 2 on it. With the xray sights it's a amazing EDC.
I saw one at the shop last week, they are small!

Connie likes looking through old stores, guess I'm lucky.
They even had all sorts of ammo there. I asked the guy working there about axes, he said he remembers seeing some older wood handle ones in the basement (all they had on display were Estwings), but since he was the only one working he couldn't go look for them. He said I should come back on a Saturday when there was more than one person working and he would look for them.
Sounds like my luck. I came across a mixed brand display rack several years ago that had a few "old cross" Victorinox Alox handled knives in it. I picked out the ones I wanted and the lady behind the counter broke out a big smile as she handed me new boxes. She looked really confused when I told her I didn't want the ones in the box just the ones in the display. She said they had no idea where the keys were that's why they had prices pasted to the glass.

Sounds like my luck. I came across a mixed brand display rack several years ago that had a few "old cross" Victorinox Alox handled knives in it. I picked out the ones I wanted and the lady behind the counter broke out a big smile as she handed me new boxes. She looked really confused when I told her I didn't want the ones in the box just the ones in the display. She said they had no idea where the keys were that's why they had prices pasted to the glass.
Back when Connie and I had real jobs she had gone down south to visit her Mom. Back then I was into Schrade knives. At a little hardware store in Du Quoin she saw they had an almost full display case of them, and asked to see some. Just like your story, they said they couldn't find the keys. Being the good wife she is she offered to buy them all, including the case. She got the whole case (including some in the storage area in the case), for a little over $200. Didn't take much to pick the lock.

Spent the day with Connie on a "One Tank Road Trip." Took I-80 West to Peru, then brought Rte 6 back home through all the small towns. Walked around in LaSalle and came across an old hardware store where I bought a Case Barlow.
Also checked out the Hegeler mansion, built in the late 1800's, it's about 6000 sq ft, all built of stone. We toured it for an hour, it's amazing, even has a gym and basketball court in the super deep basement.
Then we stopped at Starved Rock and walked around. Finally we went through a few more towns, then came home.

Sounds like a great day. I've only been up that way once, but it is a really cool area. We stopped in a little town that had some cool old businesses, but I can't remember the name. It is nice to see small town like that aren't total ghost towns.

Nice score on the Twig Mangler, Ty! That was Todds - I'll be interested to hear your thoughts on the handle etc.

best

mqqn

Nice score on the Twig Mangler, Ty! That was Todds - I'll be interested to hear your thoughts on the handle etc.

best

mqqn

I'll be sure to post my thoughts this coming week. I plan to do some carving with it for a small cutting board and some other things so I'll get a good feel for the grip.

Sounds like a good say john. And grunt soldier i have a few subcompacts. I just dont really like the feel on the draw but carrying them is way more comfy. Im in north georgia so its ruff carrying my full size p220 in the summer.

I know the feeling but if you get a chance hold one. It's a completely different feel than most little guns. Especially with the 12 round mags. It fits the hand great

Well just got another JK from the exchange I may have a problem lol. I'll post some pictures once it arrives

Happy East --- errr, April Fool's Day?
sunny and 62 yesterday, 26 and snowing fit to eat the band today.

batch of chili started in the crock pot, second pot of tea half gone -- and the view through the window is awesome.
life is good.

IMG_2256.PNG IMG_2254.PNG IMG_2255.PNG Here's some screenshots of the post he said it's a EDC maybe one of the earlier models.

Back