The "Whatever" Thread

Can someone with a mud turtle, rule 9, kephart and/or maybe some different make send me a little info on how they feel about the rule 9 and mud turtle? I have a kephart to use as reference but pretty interested in the similarly sized patterns.

Or is there a thread somewhere with that type of thing?

Not many Mud Turtles out there.

I wouldn't have guessed that. I guess it's kind of similar to the Kephart or camp knife, so maybe they're going for those instead?

Have you tested one out? How do you think it performs in the woods an all-purpose knife? I'm thinking that would be one I would try with a clip point, or a tip similar to the Kane EO1 model. I'm just a bit of a sucker for a clip point's aesthetics

Have you tested one out? How do you think it performs in the woods an all-purpose knife? I'm thinking that would be one I would try with a clip point, or a tip similar to the Kane EO1 model. I'm just a bit of a sucker for a clip point's aesthetics
You should look back to see the JK Improved Bowie, might be just the ticket and I use the heck out of mine, for darn near everything! Maybe someone with Computer skills can post a pic of Improved Bowie

I was able to dig that one up I think. Same one as John's brand banner thing. I can't see it from my phone but it was there on comp. I think the handle didn't do it for me as I like more neutral designs. Maybe that blade with MT or Keppie handle.

Edit: Looking this over now that I can see the picture in the banner, I think we're onto something here B JACKSON B JACKSON with the modern bowie blade or that style drop/clip on the mud turtle's design/handle.

Last edited:
Ordered a brass cross bead. I'm gonna take my strap cutter and slice off some nice horween chromexel leather and make a lanyard for one of my jk. But which one the struggle is real my friends. I think I'll let the buffalo trace decide when it arrives.s-l400-1.jpg

Look this page is dead we need life. Tag people and bring them in 3 per. Lets get some gaw going. Bring people from other threads in. Also we need a passaround going in the jk family

Back