The "Whatever" Thread

Looks like the Old Bushcrafter with a full grind . Is it about 8” overall with a 4” blade?
Notice it has the Element handles.

Ok I thought it was a bushcrafter just wasn't for sure, and I thought the handles looked similar.

Yeah after seeing the K and thinking it was a bushcrafter it sold me. But he didn't say much just that hes had it a long time and just sits in his desk now. If I remember correctly the bushcrafter was the knife that drew me in before I could afford one of your knives.

I don’t mind posting here but I got it off a guy from Bushcraft USA. his email name was ray sasser

it's a very interesting dynamic over there -- seems to work better if you start out just posting/participating, then get your vendor subscription.
downside to that is the co$t, followed by all the rules maker/vendors have to follow.

Yeah I noticed a lot of people were letting go of Your knives on that forum. So I started a thread to see what would pop up and that one did along with a mud turtle for a crazy low price I’m buying Friday. Everybody over there seems to only want Sargent knives just based off browsing occasionally. But I’d rather keep my Jks

which is funny, considering he's on the edge of getting banned for having Koster-esque business practices.
of course it all goes in cycles -- for several years it was the Turley channel until he got crosswise with the PTBs, then it was the MP channel, then AS, recently it's been Sarge (SET)...

Yeah I noticed a lot of people were letting go of Your knives on that forum. So I started a thread to see what would pop up and that one did along with a mud turtle for a crazy low price I’m buying Friday. Everybody over there seems to only want Sargent knives just based off browsing occasionally. But I’d rather keep my Jks
Not many Mud Turtle made.

I'll be curious to what you think about that mud turtle. If it doesn't suit you for whatever reason, I may be interested in giving it a go. I'm still thinking that one is in the lineup of JK's in my future, though pushed offer after I get a few small ones and something that I think will be super cool in the kitchen in October-ish.

I don't do much shopping in the other forum mentioned as their fees seem pretty high, even just to buy items. Some of the content isn't so bad, though I think it's going to get repetitive quick with cookie cutter responses. Kind of like if you post anything into the practical tactical on BF... it will always lead to "knives aren't for protection, get a gun."

Side note: spent a few hours taking the edge down to about 15 degrees per side on the element hunter, just to try, and that S30V John used is some pretty hard stuff. Gave the Buck edgetek diamond rod a good workout. John's edge was good but I wanted to make it just a little bit slicier. Went and shaved up a little wood and I have to say, the straightback on this Element hunter is a phenomenal design. The 3" is perfect for getting the thumb right near the tip and the pointy tip does well for poking into a wood block and tinder, then pulling wood into the edge, like for splitting up a little tinder without batoning. It may be a better camp knife than I was originally expecting.

“for several years it was the Turley channel until he got crosswise with the PTBs, then it was the MP channel, then AS, recently it's been Sarge (SET)...“

What’s PTBs? I haven’t been over there in a long time, but back in the day that guy’s knives were ridiculously overrated on there. Folks paying $800 for a used one.

“for several years it was the Turley channel until he got crosswise with the PTBs, then it was the MP channel, then AS, recently it's been Sarge (SET)...“

What’s PTBs? I haven’t been over there in a long time, but back in the day that guy’s knives were ridiculously overrated on there. Folks paying $800 for a used one.
Is PTB Powers That Be?

Mud Turtle is very underrated, sales are so low that I planned on discontinuing it, but have kept it on my website for now.

Back