Thoughts on a Suga variant

That's how it starts, I used to have 60 post, look at me now.

Sincerely,

Bucket Mouth

OOOooooOOOOO I like the stag idea. If I can I will finish the 3D model that way. I know it's not needed now, but now I to am excited.

I seemed to have hit a hot button. A fellow stag afficianado to be sure.

Well I can't speak for baetis, but I'm not a stag aficionado, though it is good looking stuff. Makes me wonder how stag is for durability compared to wood, especially in an against the body environment.

Nice cad picture.
The overall shape reminds me of a pistol with a knife mounted underneath the barrel.
Stag is quite robust. Had one for decades and never maintained it. Oil from the skin might have been enough or maybe not even that is required. It wears, no denying but worn it looks nicer than new. The wear is limited to the raised portions which get more polished by handling it and shine nicely.

I really like the CAD rendering.

I can't wait for the first run of Scara Sugas!

I really like the CAD rendering.

I can't wait for the first run of Scara Sugas!

Yeah, the CAD rendering really made the Scara Suga real for me, especially coming on the same day that Auntie said they could make them.

And I can't wait for the first run either. As soon as I get an estimate of cost from Auntie I'll see who wants one and pass the number along to Auntie.

Thanks! I am glad I could contribute. When I got done with the CAD blank, I got excited as well. This thing is going to be sweet! Yes Bawanna, I am a stag lover. Ooh la la.

Good news, Auntie has given me an estimate of how much the Scara Suga will cost. She says they will cost between $145-$165 per knife. So, who wants one?

ME obviously! Maybe even 2! You know, gotta have one on each side of the belt...:)

I'll have to go with a solid maybe. Kind of rare when I have a couple hundred bucks all at one time.

The desire is there, no doubt about that. I'll go solid maybe and try hard.

Wow, you guys have nailed this one:) Lovely.

Thanks for the compliment, and thank you again KP513 and cul4u01 for all the help you've given me. This never would have happened without your help, as well as the help and support of others. It's hard to believe that it only fifteen days for this to go from an idea to a finished design accepted by Auntie and soon to be passed on to the kami.

Thanks for the compliment, and thank you again KP513 and cul4u01 for all the help you've given me. This never would have happened without your help, as well as the help and support of others. It's hard to believe that it only fifteen days for this to go from an idea to a finished design accepted by Auntie and soon to be passed on to the kami.

You are more than welcome, your idea was fantastic, and I for one am glad that it will soon be a reality.

Not a problem, I enjoyed the process thoroughly. I don't think I can swing that much for a knife right now but it's more than rewarding to know that I had a hand in the creation of a real product.

Your part of the design team. You gotta get one. I'll chip in to help if I can when these things materialize. No way I can do it whole or probably even half but I'll contribute what I can. Who knows maybe my canoe will come in in the next couple weeks and I can buy one for everybody..................aw crap, I just woke up from a really awesome daydream.

Not a problem, I enjoyed the process thoroughly. I don't think I can swing that much for a knife right now but it's more than rewarding to know that I had a hand in the creation of a real product.

I wish I could afford to buy you one to say thank you.

I appreciate the sentiment, but I must decline any such offers.

Last edited:
Back