Thrifty Thursday... Cheap Traditional Knives

Broadway Cutlery.
ABk2SNv.jpg

I wouldn't have paid more than five dollars for it, and I trust it was cheap in its day, with those thin, stamped handles. Someday I'll sand down the bits of old belt and glue the stamped handles over the leather. That shouldn't rattle.

For today.. I present an Ozark Trail from a big box store. Made in China. It is made surprisingly well, decent steel of some sort, and All the lines are smooth and the blades square to the springs.Cost 5$
It appears to be a half whittler? But with the clip and pen blades , I think it looks more like 2/3 stockman. 3 1/2" closed.
Next is an Old Wenger that I paid 12-13$ at the time for. View attachment 1424871

I have a lot of cheap knives, but I will spare you the everyday Moras and Opinels and Antoninis and Filmams and Doukdouks and get right down to the cheapest of the cheap.

The Kudu was selling for about five bucks the day I bought it. The Okapi went for nearly three times that.
The pride of this tableau is the Sani-Safe paring knife, $3.29 delivered.

View attachment 1340070

More bottom-of-the-barrel Cold Steel, and a Cedar Ridge left under the seat of an old Ranger by the previous owner.

View attachment 1340071
Always liked those bladelocks

Back