Ti/Carbon Fiber S90v Military sale

You folks need to talk about the knife, not each other.
So can I call him a much deserving little Bitch and A-hole to before are conversation is over ?
Evidently name calling is ok before he goes running to his “ whining “ and cheese thread lol

Last edited:
How dare I point out something negative about a Spyderco (gasp)?! Also, never said I didn’t “like” the knife... Just responded about the steel not being chippy and then got slapped around by some a-hole for using the knife wrong. Have fun!

You knew criticizing spyderco would cause blowback!! It’s s90v for godsakes, but at least you didn’t get in trouble for saying “a-hole.” Or “little bitch.” But since you own the knife in question, so it’s a fair criticism(the chipping). To change the subject, Have you noticed chipping in spyderco’s s30v military? I notice it every time I resharpen. Which is why I don’t usually buy s30v anymore, preferring cruwear really. 1 more question, do you own any Taichung spydies in s90v? The reason I ask is not to interrogate but to find out if there’s a issue with this particular version.

Last edited:
So can I call him a much deserving little Bitch and A-hole to before are conversation is over ?
Evidently name calling is ok before he goes running to his “ whining “ and cheese thread lol

W&C you check your reason at the gate! When I hear it mentioned I think of people who have no interest in buying or selling knives, who pay $50 a year just to insult new members.

You knew criticizing spyderco would cause blowback!! It’s s90v for godsakes, but at least you didn’t get in trouble for saying “a-hole.” Or “little bitch.” But since you own the knife in question, so it’s a fair criticism(the chipping). To change the subject, Have you noticed chipping in spyderco’s s30v military? I notice it every time I resharpen. Which is why I don’t usually buy s30v anymore, preferring cruwear really. 1 more question, do you own any Taichung spydies in s90v? The reason I ask is not to interrogate but to find out if there’s a issue with this particular version.
Edited against my better judgement ;)
Even though name calling seems to be appropriate and approved .

W&C you check your reason at the gate! When I hear it mentioned I think of people who have no interest in buying or selling knives, who pay $50 a year just to insult new members.
Agreed and is why I have no interest and never will . Unless we were all together in the same room face to face . I have no desire to slap a keyboard into a frenzy lol .

Agreed and is why I have no interest and never will . Unless we were all together in the same room face to face . I have no desire to slap a keyboard into a frenzy lol .

Unfortunately the door to that forum isn’t always locked. A lot of members tend to follow people back and forth, and it’s annoying to have a thread one is participating in here be hijacked by somebody who has apparently been busy over there.

If you folks are not going to discuss Spyderco knives, the thread can be locked.

This is the Spyderco Forum. It has its own moderators and its own dynamic. The rest of us try to leave it up to the Spyderco mods to figure out what is going on.

I really love this particular blade/handle combination, ntm the price. While I bought 5 of them, I’ve only opened one of them for use. I’d like to know if anyone else had problems with the blade that are not considered normal for a high vanadium/chromium steel before the thread is closed.

No need to blow this chippy thing out of proportion. Its not like s90v is a steel made over night. Its use has been well documented (see spyderco forum an utube for more info).

If I were you, I would take out one of my five kw cf/ti s90v militarys and beat the living snot of it to see how the edge holds and responds.:D

Reactions: P2P
No need to blow this chippy thing out of proportion. Its not like s90v is a steel made over night. Its use has been well documented (see spyderco forum an utube for more info).

If I were you, I would take out one of my five kw cf/ti s90v militarys and beat the living snot of it to see how the edge holds and responds.:D

I have it in my rotation, but ”beating the snot out of it” is not something I would do with any Millie! I haven’t broken a tip yet, and I don’t plan to.

I really love this particular blade/handle combination, ntm the price. While I bought 5 of them, I’ve only opened one of them for use. I’d like to know if anyone else had problems with the blade that are not considered normal for a high vanadium/chromium steel before the thread is closed.
It’s a great steel no worries . Spyderco would not be still using it if it had issues under normal use . Every blade steel has its weeknesses and strong points and we’re very fortunate Spyderco has given us so many choices for our needs .
For every blade steel there’s going to be a hater it’s just the nature of the beast .
Just enjoy it my friend and don’t worry about the other posters :thumbsup:
If you were to search everything you own on the internet they’ll be a handful of folks that have negative things to say about it . From your car or down to your shoes .

Last edited:
If you folks are not going to discuss Spyderco knives, the thread can be locked.

This is the Spyderco Forum. It has its own moderators and its own dynamic. The rest of us try to leave it up to the Spyderco mods to figure out what is going on.
Done and done I’ve moderated it myself with the ignore button. So I don’t have to absorb anymore name calling and eliminate the temptation of firing back .

Well that is definitely chipping. I'd be a little annoyed by that honestly.

Please do report back after you do another sharpening.

ETA: I'm not calling you a liar, but I am a little skeptical if you want me to be honest. Do you mind taking a picture of the whole knife?

Only reason I'm saying that is because of the condition of the edge. That is most certainly not the factory spyderco edge. So I'm a little skeptical. You can clearly see that is not a factory edge, because there are scratches from the sharpening process leading up the primary grind of the knife.

Until I see a picture of the whole knife, I'm calling BS on the whole thing. In regards to the factory edge, that is a flat out lie as evident by the picture. I will be the first to say mea culpa if you post a full picture of the knife, but until then my BS flag is flying high.

Last edited:
Well that is definitely chipping. I'd be a little annoyed by that honestly.

Please do report back after you do another sharpening.

ETA: I'm not calling you a liar, but I am a little skeptical if you want me to be honest. Do you mind taking a picture of the whole knife?

Only reason I'm saying that is because of the condition of the edge. That is most certainly not the factory spyderco edge. So I'm a little skeptical. You can clearly see that is not a factory edge, because there are scratches from the sharpening process leading up the primary grind of the knife.

Until I see a picture of the whole knife, I'm calling BS on the whole thing. In regards to the factory edge, that is a flat out lie as evident by the picture. I will be the first to say mea culpa if you post a full picture of the knife, but until then my BS flag is flying high.
He’s gone since he got butt hurt and hopped on his little scooter after throwing out a little Name calling . Heading straight over to start a“Whining” and cheese thread lol :eek:
He can stay there it’s were he belongs anyway lol . He’s been added to my short but sweet ignore list .

Last edited:
Unfortunetaly I didn’t take a picture of my chips, but I’m there were five chips in total on the factory edge. My guess was zip ties. One was quite a large chip. I have since sharpened them out. I’ve been leaning on this one frequently to see what I think of S90V.

Since the sharpening I had a miniscule amount chip off the tip, where I made contact with metal. Aside from that, no chips, I’ll report back after another week or sooner if warranted.

Unfortunetaly I didn’t take a picture of my chips, but I’m there were five chips in total on the factory edge. My guess was zip ties. One was quite a large chip. I have since sharpened them out. I’ve been leaning on this one frequently to see what I think of S90V.

Since the sharpening I had a miniscule amount chip off the tip, where I made contact with metal. Aside from that, no chips, I’ll report back after another week or sooner if warranted.
What angle are you sharpening at ? I’m not saying that’s the only reason why it’s chipping but could contribute to it . This has been talked about for a very long time so I’m sure it can happen Just hasn’t to me yet. But I’m pretty easy on my knives just cutting rope , cardboard and a few other light tasks . I really believe the sharpening angle can make a huge difference and help a steel that might have more of a Tendency to chip then others .

Another Factored up thread I see..

Almost 5 years here and I've never used the Ignore function..until now..congratulations..you win the 1st place prize..

What angle are you sharpening at ? I’m not saying that’s the only reason why it’s chipping but could contribute to it . This has been talked about for a very long time so I’m sure it can happen Just hasn’t to me yet. But I’m pretty easy on my knives just cutting rope , cardboard and a few other light tasks . I really believe the sharpening angle can make a huge difference and help a steel that might have more of a Tendency to chip then others .

I followed the factory bevel, I guess about 18 degrees a side. I must have just got into some bad material in the garage, since it hasn’t chipped since. I’ve got a few zip ties to cut up here in a bit. We’ll see if that’s does any damage.

Cutting zip ties can often result in a lot of lateral stress to a blade, especially if they are tight. I’ve cut hundreds of the thick industrial zip ties with my s110v blades without any chipping, but that’s a steel with higher cobalt, niobium and molybdenum. Still, crucible claims that s90v falls right between 440c and d2 in toughness, at 58RC. I don’t know how hard spyderco runs their s90v. I hope yours proves worthy of tough use.

Cutting zip ties can often result in a lot of lateral stress to a blade, especially if they are tight. I’ve cut hundreds of the thick industrial zip ties with my s110v blades without any chipping, but that’s a steel with higher cobalt, niobium and molybdenum. Still, crucible claims that s90v falls right between 440c and d2 in toughness, at 58RC. I don’t know how hard spyderco runs their s90v. I hope yours proves worthy of tough use.

Me too, I’ve heard people being hesitant about using ZDP-189 on zip ties. As far as I’m concerned, if my EDC can’t handle zip ties then I’m moving on to other blades. We shall see.

Back