Time for our first Bladeforums giveaway!! Who's with me?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Giveaway entry:

This guy doesn't deserve it cuz he's a nazi.
giveaway entry

a couple years ago I tried to shave myself with an Opinel 7. it ended up cutting my neck two times and left some large scars for two weeks.
I've never tried again [emoji108]

Here's his nazi post of him.that has since been removed from the Show Yourself thread.

d8b681f511c0f7214db6232a1b2f78bd.jpg

His screen name is of a military leader who led a war on Jews in the first or second century.

http://nl.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aulus_Larcius_Lepidus_Sulpicianus

Last edited:
Giveaway Entry!

As a kid I used to own plenty of cheap SAK's and being the kid I was I thought they could do anything and everything so I was using it to make a spear out of wood with nothing behind it while I crouched on the ground carving. Eventually the knife slipped out of my hands and sliced my knee open. My mom would have ridiculed how she always warned me to be careful so I snuck back in the house covered my knee with toilet paper and then snuck some band aids out of the medical drawer and wore pants till it was healed. I think a year or two ago I finally explained what the scar was from to my mom.

In case that story isn't good enough last year I was cutting up some vegetables with a paring knife and walked into the living room still holding the knife I dropped the knife by accident and without thinking I tried to catch the knife and succeeded unfortunately I grabbed the blade and had some pretty decent cuts on my fingers. After thay the wife didn't let me in the kitchen to help cut things for awhile...

Thank you for the opportunity to participate in this giveaway!

Last edited:
Giveaway Entry

Well of the many stupid things I've done with knives, the stupidest would probably be when I was in the backyard twirling a full-sized Ka-Bar and trying to catch it by the handle. Surprisingly I did not cut myself, but I was very close to catching it by the blade but retracted my hand when I realised that.

The poster above me does not deserve the knife because he's the one giving it away :rolleyes: And I deserve it because I only own 3 knives :)

Giveaway Entry

Btw, 1st post

Until I met a buddy who is an avid knife collector, I thought I had a decent everyday knife. It is a cheapo Husky (Home Depot) folding knife with replaceable blades. Since I do not own a stone or sharpening tool, figured the replaceable blades was the way to go. =/ So much for those days...

Giveaway Entry

When I was a kid, we went to the old Charleston airport terminal to pick up my dad. That was when they let you go to the gate. When I went through the checkpoint I set off the metal detector. I had a 5 inch blade folder called a Fisherman's Pal in my pocket. When I realized what was going on I was scared and sheepishly handed the knife to the security guard. He promptly gave it to my mom and we were allowed to go through to the gate.

Giveaway Entry

About a month ago at work, I cut open a bag of graded aggregate (#4 crushed Flint) with my S30V Kershaw Spec Bump, and I thought that I was being careful enough, but I wound up rolling the edge pretty good. Looking at the bright side, I used the opportunity to put a nice 20 dps microbevel on it with the Wicked Edge.

Giveaway Entry!!!

About two months ago I had just finished stropping my ZT 0561 and decided I needed a beer. Well I did the same thing I've done a hundred times and opened my beer with the back of my knife but as soon as I popped the top back I yanked the knife forward and down and sliced a pretty good gash into the side of my hand. All for being too comfortable doing something.

Giveaway Entry
Two weeks ago I was out on my kayak looking for bedding bass at a local lake. Was in a rush and didn't swap out of my pocket my BRAND NEW Boker Pipsqueak for a "lesser" knife (usually a h1 spydie with me on the yak).
I had set the knife down ready to grab a rod and cast when a beaver surfaced next to me. Scared the crap out of me and the knife took a dive.... Was in shallow water but there were a ton of weeds in the area. I marked the area and ran home to grab a magnet and tethered it to some paracord hoping I'll get lucky. I didnt.... I have spent close to $100 on stronger magnets trying to fish that thing out but no luck.
Every time I fish that lake now I will try the magnet before fishing but my hopes are low:(. Can't justify to the wife that I need to buy another Pipsqueak.
All blades, cheap or not will be tethered or have floats from now on.

GIVEAWAY!!!
ENTRY!!!

Soooooo I bought this Buck knives thing called a Metro...silly little oval doodad that has a teensy thumb-hole blade and bottle opener together in this weird yin yang format. Anyway, it was the worst; first, I wasn't of drinking age when I got it, so why the bottle opener? And the blade was tiny and dull and holding a flat sharp oval was NOT the best grip choice. Just a disaster...glad I improved my taste!

"Giveaway Entry"

....Just today, i was walking my dog & stripping the bark off a willow twig,
then decided to use my blade to slice off the knots...just an impact cut from hitting the side of my finger,
after poppin thru the knot...:rolleyes: ....nothing major, though.
Thanks for the Great Summer GAW !!!

Giveaway entry
My worst buy has to be a little 2 blade Imperial peanut. I am a fixed blade and a heavy knife kind of guy, so this thing did not accomplish anything I set it out for. I thought it a good idea, because knives. The more the merrier.

Giveaway entry, thanks!

My dumb knife story is from college. My housemates thought it would be a good idea to go to the military surplus and what do they buy but a pack of throwing knives and some shuriken. Of course, what else could we do but set up some targets and begin our clinic? Our chosen target was a large wooden palate lying next to our house. We spent several Fall weeks trying to stick those knives in that palate. We were getting it in maybe a percent of the time. There were also several close calls with someone walking out the door while we were throwing. The only logical place for the palate was right by the door, so it was an exciting time for our house. Our ninja careers were cut short when the knives started breaking on us the next month. I'm amazed we never got caught since it was a campus house and we were hurling our knives at a campus palate. I'm sure that the groundskeeping staff knew what we were doing when they got their palate back with hundreds of chips missing.

Giveaway entry

I like to think that most people on this forum have thrown a knife that they shouldn't have where they shouldn't have in a way they shouldn't have, so I don't feel too embarrassed about this one. I was a cadet at a military school, drunk, bored, and had a Gerber EZ sitting innocently next to a pile of homework. I decided I should try throwing it at the only reasonable target in my dorm room, the door. Threw the knife, it scarred the door, bounced back and sliced me right above the eyebrow. My Roomate comes back and finds me using a cigarette lighter to sterilize a needle so I could stitch myself up bc wannabe fighter pilots shouldn't get blood in their eyes and also they tend to get in trouble for doing stupid stuff. He talked me into getting a 17 year old E-1 "professional " to patch me who totally blows the whistle and gets me busted. I joke really. That med tech did a solid job. Barely have a scar. And she only told her boss when he asked, so I can't really blame her for my brilliance. Anyway, nearly blinded myself while trying to become a pilot, had my junk curbstomped for "destruction of govt property" (the door, not my face), but the worst part is I broke the damn knife.

Last edited:
Giveaway entry

Placed a fixed blade Strider on a window pane to photograph. Knife promptly fell off window pane and onto my bare feet. Result was two toes with a total of 9 stitches.

no photograph of knife either!!!

Not an entry, just a welcome to the folks whose first posts have been in this thread :thumbup: Stick around and do some reading on here when you have the time, lots of neat information and good people. Again, welcome!

Giveaway Entry
Thank you for the chance at the generous GAW!

The dumbest thing that I have done with a knife happened several years ago. I was at a weapons qualification range when I was in the military and when the pallet of rounds got dropped off it still had the steel banding holding all of the ammo cans in place. No one had a multi tool on them so instead of walking 50 feet to where the rest of our gear was to grab one, I just pulled out my the Gerber 06 auto that I had recently been given by our supply sergeant and proceeded to hack away until the straps broke. Needless to say, I chipped the blade several places from the tip to the serrations. I didn't think it was a big deal and figured that I would just sharpen them out using my old Arkansas stones that I had. I tried sharpening that thing forever without making any progress and thought that the knife was complete junk and threw it an a drawer when I got home.

After lurking for a while on this forum, I gained more knowledge about knives, steel and sharpening and once I bought a DMT Aligner, I pulled that knife back out and was able to sharpen out the chipped edges. It is now a useful knife that is too heavy for EDC but has been a good beater knife to use out in the woods and around the house. It holds an edge pretty good as long as you keep it away from steel banding.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back