Traditional Forum thanks

_20160408_183129_zps3mlq9w04.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

My son and daughter several years ago. He's graduating USC next month and she's graduating high school in a couple months. Time Flies Thank you for your generosity. Very nice.

DSC_0505_zpsukkk2xqf.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Some of my Papaws tools. He taught me how to be responsible and to work for what you want in life. He was the greatest man I have ever met.

Last edited:
Wow, amazing give away. Pride and being humble wrapped into one. It makes me smile seeing the families posted.

These two boys are my everything, there's no other way to say it. It is an amazing, fantastic journey.

20150303_073834.jpg
2016-04-08 17.47.14.jpg

Thank you for the opportunity, and for the reminder of what's important.

Me and our late daughter Salem on the beach in Jekyll Island, GA. One of the most important things in my life!
i-tHjTrjW-L.jpg

Wow! What a generous and unique GAW! Not an entry, just a thanks. Always love looking at your pictures and the beautiful knives in your collection.

Sent from my mobile device - forgive any typos :)

Not an entry, but did want to comment on how fantastic that knife is and what a generous giveaway. Thank you for being one of the people who make this forum such a good place to be.

Lot of cool sharing going on here. There are several things special to me, the knife that was handed down from my granddad, to my dad, to me; a couple books I read as a young man and still have, a painting my wife and I bought on a trip for our anniversary way back in the day, a slip joint given to me by a friend, and of course my wife and my daughter who is about to turn 17 and will soon be making her way into the world.

These two guys.

.two boys and an amazing wife!

Of course it would not be family and traditional without my grandfather's barlow.

My grandma is 101, we just celebrated her birthday.

Grandpa has been gone for 20 or more years.

Thanks for the chance at a beautiful knife.

Last edited:
test (600x800).jpgharry with maggie.jpg

My family and my dad and his dog Maggie as a puppy. She just passed a few weeks ago after 14 wonderful years. I came across these ones while looking for things that are important to me and I couldn't help but think they make nice pictures of something very important to me. Family is everything.

Thanks for an awesome giveaway. Very generous of you.

Last edited:

NOT AN ENTRY.

I agree with your sentiments completely, this is a really great place to be a part of.
That is one sweet knife, someone will be really happy to own it!

Here is something very special to me. I carried this on my daughters wedding day. She has been through a lot in her life and I wasn't sure she'd be around very long. But.....wow, has she made a huge turn around.
I am a happy father!

Last edited:
Wow, that stag is a beauty. Here's something special. While it is still just a thing, it was my late Father's, used by him and given to me in my teens. So while I've had it for many decades, being something Dad actually carried and used gives it the value to me. Brings back some great memories of the folks doing the best they could to teach me true values in life. My poor folks raised six children, then were surprised by an eight year caboose while in their mid forties. They were forced to start all over again in the later 1960's. What amazing people they were.

Thanks for a very generous GAW.

2rc356x.jpg

••••••••••••••••••••

People are Strange, When You're a Stranger....

Last edited:
If we are sticking with knives, this 65 Alox Soldier, cause it's the same age as me.

Stepping outside the knife world: my niece and my dog

Well Kris, other than my girlfriend of course, something special to me is my grandfather's hunting rifle that he gave to me when I turned 21. It's a 1964 Winchester Mod 70 in .308. He hunted the farm with it, hunted out west with it and it is battle scarred to prove it. I originally had it cleaned up and sitting in the safe. I almost felt ashamed doing that so it went on a journey with me this year all deer season. I was proud to use it, and he was proud as well to see that it was still bringing meat to the table.

What an incredible gesture! Thank you, Kris for the opportunity!

My wife is hands down the most special thing in my life but she doesn't want me posting pictures of her so I'll have to choose a material object instead.

This 1923 Bunn Special pocket watch is a very special keepsake to me. It was made right here in Springfield nearly a century ago. I carry it with me everyday and it keeps pretty good time for its age. At the time it was made the Illinois Watch Company was owned by Jacob Bunn whose 5th generation descendants are still prominent in Springfield to this very day. I've done some work for a few members of the Bunn family which also helps add to the sentimental value.

When I pull it from my pocket to check the time I often think of the great men who helped make this town what it is today.

Last edited:
Abby is about as special as it gets. She's my daughter. She's the best part of me. She loves without thought of anything in return.

qONBnrrh.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Two things that are special to me and can't post pics of. My girlfriend. She'd kill me if I put her pic on here. And two, the second thing that is very special to me is the look on people faces when I do something nice for them. Homeless guy wanted work to do so I gave him a lawnmower he now mows all this lawns on my street. I spent an entire day with my crossbow with not cheap bolts, loading it and letting kids any age as long as they could hold it, shoot it. If I took a pic I would definitely post a pic of their faces

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would like in, and love how this GAW is going! Special people would be my father, great grandfather, and cat.
Here I am with Dad

6fbc53b9c5e409bdb4eb9c0a707d2b0d.jpg

Kitty

17c19c8c35c9f18be5203825324c13ec.jpg

Special place would be the golf course I both live along and have worked at for four years now, and where my father worked in high school. I've learned a lot there, much more than any other job I've had.

0bde80343b628fc5147e8e30afc1c4e0.jpg

Special item would have to be the micrometer and calipers my great grandfather taught me how to use, then gave me. They were his when he owned his own shop. No picture available.

Connor

Looking for a picture of what is most precious to me led to the discovery that I don't have digital versions of more recent pictures of all of them together at the same time (which hasn't happened in about eight years now). So you will have to settle for an old picture (the youngest in this picture is now 24):

And for knife content - this is what I had in my pocket on our first date:

Back