Traditional Forum thanks

MT-thanks for the chance-I think you might have bitten off more than a large crocodile can chew -trying to pick the most special of all these -Man I don't envy that task . They are all special as reflected by the porch's vibe.
This was a special moment just this morning. Needed to get my second son Ryan tuned in to Boris.Now over 2M long and quite powerful he has a biker attitude(if a python can):)There's a lot of strike power.
Ryan dealt with him manfully and like a professional.Very proud I am.
20160409_103027_zps78dvyfyn.jpg

Thanks for the gaw!

Beaut of a knife!

d3f3f2133ba257c495416cce56db0dc3.jpg

Currently my only gec and the very first one that I actually fell in love with.

Recently we had the opportunity to potentially get a house that my wife really wanted and I put up a bunch of knives for sale including this one as a just in case fund as the house needed some rehabbing.

I didn't think twice about it as I knew how much my wife wanted that house. We ultimately turned down one another's offers.

And then today I interviewed for my dream job and just might have a chance at getting it. Its strange and beautiful how often times life aligns itself putting the next piece of one's life in motion after one another.

Sad that we didn't get that house but am happy to have this little guy with me still.

PS I just noticed we have two herpers/knife guy posts in a row lol. That's my blue tegu in the background in his home built by Ross S. at Beeger Boxes.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Wonderful giveaway. You are right, this forum is truly something special, thank you for being a part of it.

The reason I do most things in life these days (and eventual recipient of my knife collection). :)

GfyDfV6h.jpg

Great GAW, couldn't resist entering!

Our son is special to us. He is our only child. Everyone thinks their kids are special. However, I am really proud of my son. He was always a good kid growing up, never got into trouble (that I know of), great student then and now, in college. And a really good person as well. That's about all you could ask for in a son or daughter.

My Daughter a Sr and Captain of her HS varsity cheer squad. Paying for Cheer kept my pockets empty but my heart full.
10003006_10205748545466412_7904651204565243195_n.jpg

My Happy Birthday Case from my Wife a few years ago.

Birthday002.jpg

Last edited:
My Grandfather's 1968 Elgin pocketwatch given to him by my aunt and engraved with the date. He passed a few years before I was born, but my family tells me I am just like him. The watch was carried nearly every day, and shows it, but still works great. It's one of the very few possessions I treasure, and I even carry it on occasion. The NYKCo dogleg jack is classy enough to go with it, and seems like a knife Sol would have approved of. Thanks for the chance at this giveaway

image_zpsc8tdsfez.jpeg

Kris, thank you for the thank you: a most generous prize. I always appreciate your input and the many fine knives you post.

My little granddaughter brings a lot of joy into my life, with her loving and playful attitude toward life. Here she is while playing at the pool together in Hawaii last year.

P7-065_sm_zps90eac63b.jpg~original

This is such a great GAW. Not only is the knife beautiful but seeing what everyone values is awesome. This little Case peanut holds a special place for me. It was the first traditional that I ever bought for myself. It was even returned to me after loosing it while walking my wife to work one evening.

One of grandpa's knives I found among his belongings
204ec5edc5955c2dd040ca9cc78af027.jpg
. Not sure who made it, but it's one of my favorites.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

20151123_174145.jpg

Our niece, punk rocker, knife-toting pistolera, fellow horsewoman, college student, graphic artist, amateur chef, rugby halfback, and all-around fabulous human being. We love her like she were our own daughter.

Zieg

Great giveaway, Kris!

This soon-to-be new-human has pretty much taken over our lives lately, but I think she'll be pretty special, so it's probably worth it. :D

image.jpeg

As far as knives go, this one's pretty special to me. One of my first knives ever, given to me by my dad when I was maybe 7 years old.

3D923291-6DDF-459C-BA97-D3D2B8072F35.jpg

We're closing in on just 2 months left before our first joins us. It's been such an incredible journey so far.

cNTubYS.jpg

I've got an extra special knife on me today. Our first wedding anniversary is tomorrow, and I bought this Case toothpick while on our honeymoon in Tennessee.

Rulzgtd.jpg

Thanks for this opportunity, and thanks to everyone on the porch for sharing so many amazing memories!

Here my Grandson shows his first SAK he got last summer, while on vacation across the lake, from a Swiss lady , a long time friend of my daughter.
He's very proud of her and already cherish her, though he's aware she's a bit sharp for him to use it daily, even if very careful, he's only 6 year old.
G.JPG

Very generous of you Kris. It is good to have you here. I always enjoy seeing your fine collection.
This old schrade old timer is special to me, along with the old tools with it in the picture. The knives and tools belonged to my grandfather and were given to me by my grandmother when he passed away a few years ago. I have many fond memories with him and he always had a pocketknife in his pocket.
Gzbz5x0J

What a wonderful thread, both for the generosity of the prize and for the glimpses into the hearts of those who have posted. Thank you to MT Damascus and to everyone else!

Of the things I possess, this is the item that I treasure above all else.

It is a gold ring from India, the place of my birth. It has monetary value, I'm sure, although I've no idea what that might be. To me, though, it is priceless. It is my dad's wedding ring, given to him by my mother when they were married in 1972. My dad is still alive. My mother is not. She passed away from cancer in 1990, seven years after we came to the United States. I was eleven when she died, and while I no longer remember her voice, I do recall her sweet smile even through the pain towards the end. My parents made the decision to emigrate so that my two sisters and I would have more education and career opportunities. After mom's death, dad took care of the three of us, never remarrying, and often going without some things so that we could have them. All of the siblings finished school and are married now, each with two children of their own, and dad is enjoying his recent retirement with his six grandchildren.

When I got married twelve years ago to a woman I don't deserve, yet who strangely loves me, I asked my dad if I could have his wedding ring, which he still wore. He agreed without hesitation, and we actually went together to get it sized for me. In many ways, the true value of an item is wrapped up in its history and the memories attached to it. This ring has seen two marriages, five births, a death, and a journey literally half-way across the world. It speaks to me of commitment past - my parents to each other and their children, and present - my wife and I to each other and our twins. Thanks for letting me share it with you all.

DSCN0959%20-%20Version%202_zpsq07gami2.jpg

This is a picture of me looking down into Yosemite Valley, from Glacier Point, taken by my sister (who wouldn't go anywhere near the edge with me) from a safer vantage. Yosemite calls to me and even though it's most often overcrowded, you can carve out a little piece of it to keep in your heart, if you're so inclined. I am.
It's a place where you can see and feel God's Hand.

Thanks for the chance, however infinitesimal it might be. :)

A picture of ma and my girl, Jinny. She is very special to me and has been for 15 years.

Very generous, Kris. And might I add that you are definitely an integral part of what makes this community so special.

NOT an entry for me, but I wanted to share, the light of my life, my lovely wife Christina.

And the amazing artwork she makes (among other things, she is a painter).

Warmest regards,
Alex

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What a gorgeous GAW. To me the best part of your GAW is all the pictures in this thread of personal concerns/likes and loves. That dynamic is shared with us all for the glimpse into lives that we'd otherwise know nothing of.
GCF 1.jpg
My son is learning knife making and blessed me with his first proto-type.
BigBearLake1 08 .JPG
My wife whom God blessed me with.

Back