• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Truthseeker-not So Good

DOAH!!! That's a bonk on the head for me. I was checking in and out on small breaks today and completely missed truthseeker's post of wired45's PM. That changes things a bit.

These "hit and run" complainers all belong in a special place:

A TROLL HOLE

If you are going to complain here in GB&U then stay here until BOTH sides of the story are not only heard but backed up with some form of evidence.

If a blade is scratched, a simple photo will provide superb proof. Silence in matters like this are childish..................

We need a hall of shame for people that make false complaints or take an issue to a public forum without first contacting the person.

Why would someone post negative comment on a public forum before even trying to contact the person that they have a issue with? What is worse, why would people jump in and bash someone when they have no idea what is going on?

This hits a nerve with me because this happened to me. Someone apparently had a issue with me and instead of sending me an e-mail and letting me know, they posted it on GBU. I just found out about it about a month ago and it was posted almost two years ago! The guy was bashing me, people were jumping in and bashing me. They were not people that I have ever had anything to do with, they just read his side of the story and decided I was in the wrong. I never knew the thread existed so I was getting run through the ringer and I couldn't even voice a response because I didn't know it was happening. The thread went on for two weeks and I was never aware of it.

I think we should make it a sticky that you don't jump in and takes sides on a GBU issue unless both parties have had a chance to respond or at least have been notified that there is an issue! Also, if you don't have any personal dealings with anyone involved in the issue, keep your comments respectfull.

Accusing another member of fraud, theft or dealing in bad faith and then failing to provide any evidence of it and/or walking away after making the accusation should be banning offense IMHO.

Well, he logged in on the 8th and he must've been on the forums when he sent me that email today, so I don't think there's anything too bad going on. He just doesn't feel like talking to you guys, I guess. ;)

Accusing another member of fraud, theft or dealing in bad faith and then failing to provide any evidence of it and/or walking away after making the accusation should be banning offense IMHO.

I wholeheartedly agree with that statement. People just don't realize the damage control that is required after a thread such as this one.

"If" that Ebay profile is the same person, you can kinda see a pattern of how he reacts.

"If" that Ebay profile is the same person, you can kinda see a pattern of how he reacts.

Same writing style and attitude. Here's some feedback left about him:

Buyer is nuts!! If you read it it states 2x44 Galco not 2 items. Crazy!!
Seller buyalotmore( 426) Dec-13-05 18:02 7200228322

Follow-up by buyalotmore: NUT CASE made threat to me and my family BUYER BEWARE UNSTABLE MAN Jan-01-06 19:03

Reply by wired45: DISC.DIDN'T MATCH PICS.ASKED A QUESTION-GOT MY HEAD CHOPPED OFF-REAL JERK May-24-06 05:30

Negative feedback rating
$ order 4 RTN post sent gave refund 2 VERY IMPATIENT & MEAN PERSON TO DEAL WITH

Seller kjaneboutique

Left my PERSONAL HOME phone number in feedback - VERY UNPROFESSIONAL

Seller shoppinggirl87

Reply by wired45: DOESN'T MATTER-NO RETURN CALLS,. EMAILS.STILL NO KNIFE-BAD BUSSINESS OVER 30 DAY

Will not try to resolve any disputes before posting negative feedback - beware!!

Seller mr_rammstein

Reply by wired45: NEVER RECIEVED ITEM OR MY REFUND-BEWARE-RIP OFF DON'T BUY

Follow-up by hyperlite0002: **LEAVES NEG FEEDBACK W/O REASON***ALL BEWARE***MISTAKE HE WONT MAKE RIGHT**LIAR
Nov-02-05 05:45

Reply by wired45: LOST HIS MIND OVER A TWENTY DOLLAR PAYMENT-BLAME THE POST OFFICE-GROW UP

Neutral feedback rating
Doesn't understand that "Auction" means, not retail price

Seller gtdistributorsaustin

Reply by wired45: ASKED WHY THEY LEFT PRICE STICKER ON NEW ITEM PRICED $20.00 LESS THAN PAID

Assuming that this is the same guy, some of these quotes from his ebay feedback are "interesting", eh? (Bold done by me)

Same asshat style, complete with capslock stuck on. :rolleyes:

I Have The Knife ,was Thrilled To Get.rushed Thru The Sale Never Asked If It As New Or A User-knew What Kind Of A Price I Was Willing To Pay For A New One.alot More Than From The Company Store-when I Finally Sat Down And Looked At Knife Ther Were A Couple Of User Scratches In Blade.which Are Now Gone.after Using A 3m Metal Polish And Flitz On The Blade Surface,and Buffing Wheel.its Fine.my Mistake For Not Asking When I Bought It If It Was New Or Not.my Fault.i See Alot Of People Have Something To Say,thats Great But I Ended Up With The Knife In Question.i Made The Mistake I Jumpedthe Gun Spent The Money Not You Guys.move On Thats Why I Wouldn't Respond.my Bad Experience Not Yours.i Blame No One But Myself,for Not Asking The Right Questions.thats It Like Or Not Drop It

You Guys Are Great Pulling Up A Few E-bay Feedbacks-its Like The Spanish Inquisititon-i've Had A Great Deal Of Good Trades On This Furom-you Say One Bad Comment And You Guys Are Like A Pack Of Wolves ? Unreal.is This Ever Going To End ?

45: It was just that you posted some comments against another member and when he defended himself with supporting emails, it took days for you to respond. You specifically asked him in your second post to this thread to respond. You can understand how this may look. The GB&U can work for you or against you. You gotta work with it. Sounds like everything worked out and it'll blow over. It's been said before, but it's best to work things out privately, and if no resolution then take it public. :thumbup:

wired45: I agree that perhaps too many people are jumping on this too hard until they have had time to hear from you. I also understand some of the concern when you were not responding. But you have your reasons.

I can say that my interaction with you was silky smooth. A+++ so I am glad to see you are back to respond. It shows character especially when under this much fire. I hope things work out here and are cleared up.

You Guys Are Great Pulling Up A Few E-bay Feedbacks-its Like The Spanish Inquisititon-i've Had A Great Deal Of Good Trades On This Furom-you Say One Bad Comment And You Guys Are Like A Pack Of Wolves ? Unreal.is This Ever Going To End ?

please turn off your caps lock.

1: you were out of line for posting negative feedback without any evidence, and without even contacting the seller. (the negative feedback from Ebay shows this is not a isolated incident.)

2. You are asking "is this ever going to end", but it is you who started the whole thing.

You got jumped on for starting a negative thread and then going silent. Once you responded the heat subsided

BTW, what are "user scratches"? If they polished out easily the "user scratches" could not have been indictative of much use, or am I wrong?

I am serious, I do not know how to tell the difference from a scratch caused by a sheath, a scratch caused by rough handling and a scratch caused by "use"........

Back