Ugly Knife Pics

One of the few that know that I like knives gifted me this,
Please god I hope he dont see this
aLirCVh.jpg

I like that Spyderco has the balls to make something like this though. It's funky. Like the Nissan Cube. I don't want one, but I'm glad that it's available if I did.
When folded up, I am almost expecting a bunch of Shriners or clowns to pop out of it.

image.jpg
Never leave home without it, with it you can, slice, file, saw, hammer, open cans and screw and unscrew stuff.
Ugliest, most useless POS I own, really ugly that it was my fathers last attempt to connect with me before he passed, ugly that I didn't see he was trying, sometimes ugly has a beauty to it.

View attachment 838894
Never leave home without it, with it you can, slice, file, saw, hammer, open cans and screw and unscrew stuff.
Ugliest, most useless POS I own, really ugly that it was my fathers last attempt to connect with me before he passed, ugly that I didn't see he was trying, sometimes ugly has a beauty to it.

A good message, brother.

Also, you say you carry it, I am assuming some sort of pouch that keeps all of the tool components in?

Most of these ugly knives are at least competently made. Even the chinese cheapos, if you consider they make them for pennies on an assembly line. The funky Spydercos you can see how they would still be good in the hand. I have a real soft spot for the ones that fold up to be symmetrical (Balance, Poliwog), that's just cute. And there are fine brands like TOPS that has many models that look like they've been assembled from the catalogue of survival knife cliches.

The ugliest ones I think are the ones where nobody cared what they were putting out, especially if there's a whiff of swindling.

Like these India made garbage carving sets that positively infect the second hand market. They're always rare, vintage or antiques. There are a few variations, all made to the same rattly standards.
35YKLfY.jpg

But for me what always takes the cake is this classic. The Sayoc Kali Eskrima knife aka the Amercukri.
Sold 2006-2007 on rangermade.us for 1195 USD. Deal of the century.
Look at it. Not a single F given. Twelve hundred dollars.
rVzKw1Q.jpg

d9lPSck.jpg

And those are their actual promotional photos, too.

Back