Uncle Henry collectors? Just curious.

Thank You James for the posts.:thumbup:
I have two of the production 866UH knives, made by Camillus.
Your 886UH looks to have been made by Camillus too.
The main blade looks like a Buck 301, also made by Camillus about 1970-72?
Buck 301's from left to right.
1Buck, 4 Camillus and six Schrade; made knives... Ken
image.php

Last edited:

Codger_64

Do you have the UH variants (process interuptus), the "blackie and "palomino"? The former is black and totally unglazed while the latter is glazed but undyed. I had thought for some time that they were lunchbox specials or factory remnants from the auction but I got mine from a collector who had them some years before the 2004 close. And there were several patterns of these.

Codger, I think I have dome of the variants your referring too. I thought the were unfinished "end of days" examples though.

Codger_64

Codger, I think I have some of the variants your referring too. I thought the were unfinished "end of days" examples though.

Someone, somehow, apparently got a group of them out of the factory well prior to 2004. Perhaps they were "mules" made for experiments in Delrin color changes or dye changes. Possibly even set up pieces for the auto-glazing machine? Would they have gone out through management, a vendor or the employee store?

Codger, I think you would be surprised to see how many knives accumulate in various piles around workbenches and machines and everywhere else in a knife factory. For all the reasons you mentioned and more. Dose not surprise me one bit that a bunch of these are around especially considering schrade sold knives in the millions. Which reminds me. I know your into craftsman knives, I found a few interesting ones up at canal street in with some items that were from the schrade factory. I spent a few days helping Wally and the boys move out. Sad time for sure. Some great people worked there. Made some close friends. Anyway I can take some pics if you like.

qqyc7m.jpg

These four are the only counter top display patterns I know of. The Lb7's found in these have some of the lowest serial numbers I have seen. This is why some of these knives have been switched, which I think is the case with mine. So buyer beware. The lb1 is second hand also but the other two were still in the shipping boxes, never opened and only made it as far as Walden NY

2u5bayb.jpg

Schrade put out some "pre production" samples. These were serialized. I don't know how many patterns they did this with. If anyone does please let me know.

14kzmu9.jpg

Schrade walden fixed blades, in order. Relatively low serial numbers. I have yet to see one under 00100. If anyone has please post!

I have a number of 885UHs and two 886UHs. The 886UH were made by Camilus.
The 885 [lower/left] is the oldest Uncle Henry I have in my collection, it has miled liners...Ken.
image.php

Tang stamped "N.Y. U.S.A." and numbered inside on liner "69033"
image.php

This is a 886UH made by Camilus.
image.php

Ken, I believe this 898 was made at the camillus factory also. Unlike the 886 which is similar to the 885 this is very different from the 897.

Nice one James! It is another one of the knives made by Camillus.
They used the old Schrade S.C.C. tang stamp... Ken

I with you guys. If it's Schrade you can count me in. I don't have quiet the collection of knives as I'm just starting out. With the help of Tom I can now say that I have a complete 3rd Gen Collection minus the display case. My favorite of all of my knives is a Uncle Henry LB7 Limited Edition: Marine Corps-"If You Love Your Freedom Thank A Vet". Unable to post pictures from my phone.

I with you guys. If it's Schrade you can count me in. I don't have quiet the collection of knives as I'm just starting out. With the help of Tom I can now say that I have a complete 3rd Gen Collection minus the display case. My favorite of all of my knives is a Uncle Henry LB7 Limited Edition: Marine Corps-"If You Love Your Freedom Thank A Vet". Unable to post pictures from my phone.
Love to see that lb7 if you can post pics. Its a little tricky first go around.