1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Useless knives

Discussion in 'General Knife Discussion' started by hermit dave, Oct 3, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dr Heelhook

Dr Heelhook Basic Member Basic Member

Jul 24, 2007
    I can't express enough how much I dislike that "sharpening choil" not covering the plunge line.

GABaus, jux t, Lapedog and 2 others like this.
  2. katanas

katanas

Jan 6, 2012
    Dave, thanks. :thumbsup: I'm looking for one (I think it "wood" be fun :oops:) but the fixed blade is discontinued and, so far, no luck. :(

3. SteelJunkee

SteelJunkee Gold Member Gold Member

May 6, 2018
    Sorry, but it was stronger than me.

[​IMG]

4. BoozeFighter

BoozeFighter

Jul 6, 2015
    I don’t get it....definitely overpriced but far from useless.

Seesteel likes this.
  5. Minirehak212

Minirehak212 Basic Member Basic Member

Apr 1, 2018
    I was hoping to not open up old wounds from this thread but you forced me to. After digging deep in the random boxes in my closet I found a couple relics from my prior "knife" collecting days[​IMG]
    The Kizer Sheepdog is only there as a size reference and is a VERY useful knife. On the fury there us a certain way you can flick it to make all 4 of the blades come out at once. When I was little this was the coolest thing ever. The scales on it were thin "metal" and broke off over the years https://i.imgur.com/DH2056a.mp4

You can kick me off of BF now

6. T Abell

T Abell

Sep 25, 2018
    Gonna throw this one in with a caveat:
    [​IMG]

The actual knife design is kinda badass - at least in the looks department. I love that big heavy blade and blunt tip.

But even if it was a really useful knife design (would be a decent jungle clearer), most likely the only ones that are actually made are pot metal and junk. That's my guess anyway. I could be very wrong.

7. T Abell

T Abell

Sep 25, 2018
    Are you kidding? That is a vicious weapon. I saw one of those fly around a room and take out about 20 vampires. Though that may have been a movie trick..... :D
    Those are good for teaching groups like Cub Scouts the ways to safely handle a knife.

Here's another candidate, though I would say more "useless features ON a knife":
    [​IMG]

Not quite sure what to make of the two little things that fold up kind of like a hand guard, but having seen one of these you have to fold them out individually. That said the link below seems to suggest that the company itself (Mykel Hawke knives) stands behind their stuff:

http://www.chickengateway.com/broken-knife-exceeded-expectations/

Owen K. likes this.
  8. T Abell

T Abell

Sep 25, 2018
    I'd say broken.

Though it looks like someone was making a shiv out of some steel laying around.

9. USMCPOP

USMCPOP

Jan 6, 2016
    Background on the Rambo IV design: http://www.hibbenknives.com/Gil-Hibben-Creations/Rambo-IV-Bowie-Knife

10. SteelJunkee

SteelJunkee Gold Member Gold Member

May 6, 2018
    I was joking... The only thing that makes it "useless" is the price.

11. Lapedog

Lapedog Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 7, 2016
    Nothing to be ashamed about. We were all once just kids.

12. katanas

katanas

Jan 6, 2012
    Except Marcinek; Marci was never a kid. :p Also, those knives are ALL useful; the "weird" two , with one in each hand, would scare off any non-firearm holding mugger! :thumbsup:

13. Lapedog

Lapedog Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 7, 2016
    Poor guy, his name is actually Myke Hawke. Those are some mean parents.

SpySmasher and WValtakis like this.
  14. T Abell

T Abell

Sep 25, 2018
    Cool. I'd read that before but had forgotten it.

I'm not sure how good that design would actually be in the real world, but it does look cool as hell. Maybe United Cutlery makes decent stuff but I don't think I could take myself seriously carrying a "movie reproduction knife" anyway. But I think United Cutlery stuff is a bit better than the average "movie reproduction" crap out there.

Hell - who am I kidding? I don't take myself seriously anyway!

Last edited: Oct 9, 2018
  15. Chris*33

Chris*33 Gold Member Basic Member Gold Member

Jan 16, 2017
    Or this one I forget the name of.
    [​IMG][/QUOTE]

Now, here's a true drop point blade!

16. T Abell

T Abell

Sep 25, 2018
    [​IMG]

:D:p (That's an inside joke I stumbled upon here)

Looks like somebody broke the crap out of that thing and then tried to weld it back together - poorly!

Last edited: Oct 9, 2018
  17. USMCPOP

USMCPOP

Jan 6, 2016
    Saharan Sub Sandwich Saber. Main part is for slicing the bread and bologna. Drop point is handy for dipping into and spreading mustard or mayo.

Chris*33 and Lapedog like this.
  18. bflying

bflying Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 4, 2014
    I just remembered a couple more that I have. These Mantis rings are made out of something so soft it won't take an edge. I've seen others that look like they could actually take an edge, but these almost look cast.

And this pen knife is amazing. I have others that are like little daggers. But this mean little thing is pseudo JaggedKommando with a twisted tri-edge. Best three bucks I ever spent. :D Wait, that came out wrong. Should have said, this is the result of three bucks I spent.

[​IMG]

19. KooKooforKukripuffs

KooKooforKukripuffs

Jul 25, 2018
    This one comes in a prison wallet sheath.

Lapedog likes this.
  20. leghog

leghog

Aug 10, 2013
    Any safe queen is a useless knife. A tool is not a tool unless it is used.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.