Walking Dead Season NINE (SPOILERS)

Question--why do the dead get fooled by the Whisperers masks... don't they still smell like living people? In prior episodes/ seasons (and Fear the Walking Dead), living people had to slather the dead's rotting innards all over them to fool them.

That makes no sense. Seems you don't even have to have a mask. Just walk around slowly while humped over.

Question--why do the dead get fooled by the Whisperers masks... don't they still smell like living people? In prior episodes/ seasons (and Fear the Walking Dead), living people had to slather the dead's rotting innards all over them to fool them.
Well, they are wearing rotten human skin masks. Maybe that's enough.

That makes no sense. Seems you don't even have to have a mask. Just walk around slowly while humped over.

That's what struck me when the Walkers attacked the Whisperers in their camp... blending in with the Walkers is possible, but the bar was arbitrarily lowered. And they're more concerned with projection bulbs than bullets...

Maybe they attacked cuz Darryl lured them in or a Whisperer was snoring by chance. Seemed planned to me being Darryl was right there afterwards. Just my 2 pennies.

Maybe they attacked cuz Darryl lured them in or a Whisperer was snoring by chance. Seemed planned to me being Darryl was right there afterwards. Just my 2 pennies.
I definitely think Daryl lured them in... it looks like he used their tactic against them. But this is what confused me--would just putting on the mask and mimicking Walkers immunize you from attack? It seems too fine a distinction for Walkers to make... covered in the dead's rot proved to be effective in past episodes/ seasons. But this seems a little thin...

There's lots of potential given the Negan developments and the Whisperers, but the writers have to do a better job--it seems that they are getting lazy.

I definitely think Daryl lured them in... it looks like he used their tactic against them. But this is what confused me--would just putting on the mask and mimicking Walkers immunize you from attack? It seems too fine a distinction for Walkers to make... covered in the dead's rot proved to be effective in past episodes/ seasons. But this seems a little thin...

There's lots of potential given the Negan developments and the Whisperers, but the writers have to do a better job--it seems that they are getting lazy.
Considering how Michonne was able to move about them just by having two non aggressive walkers with her, maybe they aren't as hard to trick as we're making it out to be?

Man I love this show! Can't wait for what comes next with the internet movie and Rick's separate shows as Gimple said on talking dead.

Considering how Michonne was able to move about them just by having two non aggressive walkers with her, maybe they aren't as hard to trick as we're making it out to be?
I agree. I think the “progression” is not so much a change in the show’s details as it is the characters’ learning curve as to what works.

Also remember the wisperers have been doing this awhile. Perhaps the "walker scent" is now fully ingrained in their skin, and they don't really bathe much.

Back