1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Week 17 of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a KaBar Becker BK 15 Mini Camp!

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a KA-BAR Becker BK 15, or Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, Apil 27; winners will be drawn on Sunday @5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Walking Dead Season NINE (SPOILERS)

Discussion in 'Busse Combat Knives' started by gdog363, Oct 7, 2018.

1. gdog363

gdog363 Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 8, 2017
    The “whispering zombies” are NOT zombies, they’re people in the skin of zombies that live in the herds and whisper to communicate, which is why they are called The Whisperers

2. littlehoot

littlehoot Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 7, 2015
    ^^^^^^^this^^^^^^

Some spoiler material here so scroll by if you don't wanna know...

The wisperers use zombies as a weapon, controlling various sized herd, including some of many thousands in size. They use herd instinct to control the herd from within- the zombie herds function much like any other herd animals.

You ever see a cow pasture with a random trail to nowhere in it? Those occur because one animal takes a notion to go across the field and all the others follow out of curiosity. The stupid cows then use that same trail until they beat down a path.

The wisperers use that "follow" instinct to move and direct the herds. They use other instincts to do other things, too.

It's very effective as a weapon. Think about how the survivors have had to combat random herds. Now imagine a directed herd of thousands used against them.

3. dogboye

dogboye Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 23, 1999
    Sweet! So, not evolving zombies. Devolving humans. As far as I'm concerned.
    Sounds like they're probably going to take a great idea with tremendous potential, and turn it into crap.

Oh, and I heard today that Andrew Lincoln has already signed on for multiple Walking Dead movies.

LizaMari likes this.
  4. u812

u812 Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 15, 2002
    Sounds really cool.

5. dobermaniac

dobermaniac Gold Member Gold Member

May 13, 2013
    Just finished watching it, this episode was pretty predictable imo lol, I knew he would live and get taken in the helicopter with Anne, overall not bad though.
    If I'm not mistaken, I noticed the song that plays when Rick is being helicoptered out is the same song that plays at the end of the very first episode when Rick gets trapped in the tank.

But I'm actually excited for the whisperers arc. I'm guessing they'll seriously tone down the depravity/brutality for the TV series though.

Also, Carol looks funny/weird in the previews to me. Like she's from Lord of the Rings or somethingo_O
    [​IMG]

6. littlehoot

Mar 7, 2015
    I suspect you are right on the "tone down" at least to a degree.

And as far as Carol having the lotr look, I suspect it's by design

7. clampdaddy

clampdaddy Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 31, 2013
    I liked what happened. Pretty much what I expected so there was no shock factor but it opens up a whole lot of possibilities that they can do with the show/shows.

8. littlehoot

Mar 7, 2015
    I did NOT expect that far of a time jump. I expected Daryl to assume some of Rick's and Carl's storylines, I didn't expect Judith to assume the Carl role.

9. clampdaddy

Aug 31, 2013
    Possible spoilers ahead.........

Was not expecting the time jump but it does kinda make sense seeing as how Chandler Riggs was getting a bit too grown up to be playing the younger Carl of the comics. Plus, now we have a beard wearing, hand missing Aaron that could step up to cover for Rick. I'm also hoping it opens up the storyling of the show to send Daryl off on his own "on the road" adventures. Since he isn't in the comics they pretty much have free reign to spin his story into whatever they want.

10. LizaMari

LizaMari Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 16, 2014
    I caved and watched Sunday’s episode. I loved seeing Shane and Hershel again and it was a fitting send off for Andrew Lincoln IMO. I’m a big fan of the comics and not so much of the TV show. In my perfect version of the show they would have stuck to the comic version and killed off that PITA psycho, MarySue’d Carol back at the prison a couple seasons ago and Carl would still be alive. Oh well. It’s nice that so many people enjoy the show, but personally, I think it jumped the shark a while ago.

11. tuica

tuica Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 30, 2013
    It was an ok segment. But man alive. That rebar through the liver region, and all that blood loss? Shock and death, as a Zombie Snack. It’s the only episodic TV show I watch, so will continue. Don’t watch “upcoming episodes.” Ever. Don’t need to be enticed to watch a show I’ve already decided to watch. And I want the episodes fresh and unsullied by my knowledge of what’s going to happen.

12. zombieassassin

zombieassassin Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 1, 2015
    Tonight's episode was probably one of the better ones ...Carroll is back...and Judith rocks.

tuica likes this.
  13. gdog363

gdog363 Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 8, 2017
    Glad we finally got our first glimpse of the Whisperers

14. gadunz

gadunz

Dec 4, 2012
    Did we?
    Last episode's fight tween Carols group & the Savior thugs was finally resolved, with fire, 5 years on.
    Not enuff new children at Alexandria. Breed or die out, people.

Last edited: Nov 12, 2018
  15. tuica

tuica Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 30, 2013
    Even without Rick, tonight’s episode was good. Many other worthwhile actors can carry the load.

16. gadunz

gadunz

Dec 4, 2012
    On rewatching "Don't let them get away" said a zombie/whisperer.

17. Private Klink

Private Klink Gold Member Gold Member

May 30, 2017
    Gotta' love Carol!:D:thumbsup::thumbsup:

zombieassassin likes this.
  18. clampdaddy

Aug 31, 2013
    I think they are going to ease Aaron into Rick's role.

tuica likes this.
  19. LizaMari

LizaMari Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 16, 2014
    Actually, no. No you don’t. :D

20. Private Klink

Private Klink Gold Member Gold Member

May 30, 2017
    She gets the job done.;)

tuica likes this.