Welcome back! Current status, known issues, and more.

The old format used flash for image uploading. With flash abandoned, there's a new uploading system and we're still working out all the issues. If you are running into a failure on PC, hit F12 and select "Network" and report the error you get.
I dont own a PC. Do all of my internet stuff on my mobile device. When I try to use the (attach files) link below I get no error message of any kind. It just loads up to 100% then nothing. When I try to use the picture with the mountain in it up above it'll begin to upload then when it hits 100% I get a message that says "oops, we ran into a problem" I should add I've also check my camera setting and I'm using a setting withing the specs you stated. Like I said, nothing on my end has changed.

Last edited:
What device and browser do you use for mobile access?
Samsung S8, Chrome browser. I've owned the S8 for 4 years now and used the same browser the entire time. No changes from my end.

I have not read through all of the comments, so I apologize if this has already been covered.
I have been having trouble with IMGUR this past week. I can't go to "images" to dump photos, or "copy image" for BF threads. Now I have to go to "posts" to dump, see, copy photos. It was working so good before.
When I try to paste a photo into BF sometimes it works, and sometimes I get the "oops" message.
A really great thing is BF seems to be taking my photos that I have stored in my laptop "photos" folder!
I see the images, but I don't know if you guys do. If this is working I am going to stop using IMGUR. Thanks.
20210329_141052.jpg

Also to note. I was able to post photos earlier this week and those photos I can attach still today but every photo I took from yesterday and today will not post. Frustrating!

Strangely it'll let me post up photos of screen shots. Si here you go, these are the details from 3 separate photos that I am trying to upload. The first one will work, the next 2 will not. Literally no resolution difference between the 3.

Screenshot_20210504-140610_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20210504-140620_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20210504-140628_Gallery.jpg

Here's your issue:
1620155695658.png

Image is too wide. I'll see if I can bump up the server limits.

Here's your issue:
View attachment 1557837

Image is too wide. I'll see if I can bump up the server limits.
The top one will load but the bottom 2 won't, all the same size. If I'm seeing my phone camera settings correctly its actually set at the smallest setting possible. This was never an issue with the old format. Smallest resolution setting my camera has.

20210504_142510.jpg

I've bumped the server limits up to full 2k file size - 3840 x 2160 - however the file size limit is server throttled at 2mB. If you can't get your photos under that, you are SOL.

I've bumped the server limits up to full 2k file size - 3840 x 2160 - however the file size limit is server throttled at 2mB. If you can't get your photos under that, you are SOL.
Sorry, no change. And as you can see the file sizes I'm trying to upload are well under the size you bumped it up to. A couple will load, most won't. All are within the sizes your stating. It's a YOU problem not a me problem. I dont feel like I'm shit outt luck. I dont particularly need the forum but I'd be happier to get a less lazy response when I bring up an issue and to be able to use the full capabilities that I'm paying for. I mean if it's easier for you you can refund me the prorated amount of my Knife Maker Subscription renewed on 11-17-2020 and I'll go away. But I'm not gonna pay $75 for a subscription and support some bullshit excuse for an upgrade that was perfectly fine for me before and get treated like shit when I'm trying to help you fix YOUR problem.

Sorry, no change. And as you can see the file sizes I'm trying to upload are well under the size you bumped it up to. A couple will load, most won't. All are within the sizes your stating. It's a YOU problem not a me problem. I dont feel like I'm shit outt luck. I dont particularly need the forum but I'd be happier to get a less lazy response when I bring up an issue and to be able to use the full capabilities that I'm paying for. I mean if it's easier for you you can refund me the prorated amount of my Knife Maker Subscription renewed on 11-17-2020 and I'll go away. But I'm not gonna pay $75 for a subscription and support some bullshit excuse for an upgrade that was perfectly fine for me before and get treated like shit when I'm trying to help you fix YOUR problem.
LMAO, k. Let me clue you in on something, champ. First, the customer is not always right. You've had an entitled attitude since you've come into this thread and I'm tired of it, so if you don't want to be here, hit the road.

2nd, when I've tried to help you, you've been unwilling to see that you are contributing to not getting the problem solved. I tell you that your images need to be below a certain size, you tell me they are, then post graphic evidence that not only are they still above the then 1920x1920, 1mB size limits, but when I bump the size up to still try to work this out, you continue to complain.

3rd, Yeah, I get it, the old system "worked" for you. That's because the old system was *broken* and wasn't actually working as much as not properly enforcing set limits. Your lack of patience with a giant software upgrade & changeover isn't endearing me to your issues, and I have customers other than you dealing with bigger problems like being locked out of their profiles because of 2 Factor authorization somehow getting turned on... and they are unable to actually get in and post

So, since you are using a Samsung, I'll cut to the chase: here's a free image resizing app for you to use - https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=de.vsmedia.imagesize&hl=en_US&gl=US
Here's one for iPhone users: https://apps.apple.com/us/app/image-size/id670766542

Resize your images. If you are not capable of resizing your images, upload your images to a photo hosting site like imgur and link to them by using BB share codes.

If you are going to continue being here, fix your attitude and stop living up to your username.

Last edited:
LMAO, k. Let me clue you in on something, champ. First, the customer is not always right. You've had an entitled attitude since you've come into this thread and I'm tired of it, so if you don't want to be here, hit the road.

2nd, when I've tried to help you, you've been unwilling to see that you are contributing to not getting the problem solved. I tell you that your images need to be below a certain size, you tell me they are, then post graphic evidence that not only are they still above the then 1920x1920, 1mB size limits, but when I bump the size up to still try to work this out, you continue to complain.

3rd, Yeah, I get it, the old system "worked" for you. That's because the old system was *broken* and wasn't actually working as much as not properly enforcing set limits. Your lack of patience with a giant software upgrade & changeover isn't endearing me to your issues, and I have customers other than you dealing with bigger problems like being locked out of their profiles because of 2 Factor authorization somehow getting turned on... and they are unable to actually get in and post

So, since you are using a Samsung, I'll cut to the chase: here's a free image resizing app for you to use - https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=de.vsmedia.imagesize&hl=en_US&gl=US
Here's one for iPhone users: https://apps.apple.com/us/app/image-size/id670766542

Resize your images. If you are not capable of resizing your images, upload your images to a photo hosting site like imgur and link to them by using BB share codes.

If you are going to continue being here, fix your attitude and stop living up to your username.
I guess if you want to say I've had an entitled attitude then whatever. I suppose your one of those guys who can judge emotion through a keyboard. If you took anything I posted or said as entitled then I apologize. The last post though, you bet your ass. I'm not trying to be right I'm just trying to make sense of what your trying to sell. So the old forum was allowing me to post pictures sized pretty much like the info posted above without any issues but the "new and improved" version of the forum won't and I need to download apps to resize the smallest pics my device will take or use some bullcrap 3rd party hosting site (those are always awesome!) to be able to post pictures here now. And this is an upgrade right?

What I'm trying to say and what your not hearing is that I have 3 instances of photos that I have been able to upload to the new version of the forum BEFORE you just made the change. The file size on those 3 photos was larger than what the original file size you set was. They should NOT have loaded.

After you bumped it up then every photo I am trying to upload should work because not only is the resolution size smaller than your parameters the file size is as well but yet they still don't and I'm trying to let you know that but your getting shitty with me telling me I'm shit outta luck because I'm letting you know and that makes me entitled? C'mon Spark! I'm complaining because it doesn't work!! If it worked I wouldn't complain. If it was ever working properly why did it let me upload images that were too large?

I think this pretty much sums up how you've treated this, "I have customers other than you dealing with bigger problems like being locked out of their profiles because of 2 Factor authorization somehow getting turned on... and they are unable to actually get in and post" maybe you should have said so from the beginning because you clearly didnt take any of your time to read what I was actually saying earlier. BTW your bumped up parameters still won't load up photos from my end that are small enough and should work. Good luck man.

Last edited:
IMG_20210330_182322_r1.jpg

Okay, I just uploaded this 1900x1425MP image that is 662 kB or so with no problem. I'm perfectly happy with that. To save further server storage space, I'll further resize to something less than that and ensure my files are less than 500 KB. I'll also be more judicious with what I post.

I use DuckDuckGo browser on a Samsung S9 running Android 10. I use an Android app called Simple Gallery by Simple Mobile Tools. I paid for the Pro version. Simple, low resource impact, and has many features like resizing built in.

As much as I hassle my dad for taking screenshots of photos on his phone, it is a very effective way to scale down photos, and probably wouldn't offend anyone (esp. if captured while full-screen). It's also a great way to avoid downloading a "free" app that for some reason collects your location, IMEI, contacts list etc. just to "let" you "conveniently" resize photos.

View attachment 1557966

Okay, I just uploaded this 1900x1425MP image that is 662 kB or so with no problem. I'm perfectly happy with that. To save further server storage space, I'll further resize to something less than that and ensure my files are less than 500 KB. I'll also be more judicious with what I post.

I use DuckDuckGo browser on a Samsung S9 running Android 10. I use an Android app called Simple Gallery by Simple Mobile Tools. I paid for the Pro version. Simple, low resource impact, and has many features like resizing built in.
That is a beautiful bowie .

Spark Spark , just wanted to check in and ask again about Post Areas. I'm glad to see it back and working a bit better now, but it's still not up to its former functionality. When I access it in my profile, it only shows a few of the sections where I have posted, but not all. In the old format, I was able to see links to the number of posts I had made in those sections, and also separate links to numbers of threads I had started. Clicking on that link would bring up either all the posts, or threads, respectively. Now it looks like it only shows links to number of posts in a given section. The old format was much more useful and convenient for navigating and referencing back to one's past posts and threads and being able to quickly find anything specific one is looking for. Just wondering if the feature will be restored to that level functionality again. Thanks!

As much as I hassle my dad for taking screenshots of photos on his phone, it is a very effective way to scale down photos, and probably wouldn't offend anyone (esp. if captured while full-screen). It's also a great way to avoid downloading a "free" app that for some reason collects your location, IMEI, contacts list etc. just to "let" you "conveniently" resize photos.

The gallery app I use - the one I mentioned above - only asks for/requires Storage access in Android. $1.09 for the Pro version. That's why I ditched the built-in Samsung gallery app. In fact, I think the Phone app is the only built-in app I'm still using for similar reasons that you mention.

I guess if you want to say I've had an entitled attitude then whatever. I suppose your one of those guys who can judge emotion through a keyboard. If you took anything I posted or said as entitled then I apologize. The last post though, you bet your ass. I'm not trying to be right I'm just trying to make sense of what your trying to sell. So the old forum was allowing me to post pictures sized pretty much like the info posted above without any issues but the "new and improved" version of the forum won't and I need to download apps to resize the smallest pics my device will take or use some bullcrap 3rd party hosting site (those are always awesome!) to be able to post pictures here now. And this is an upgrade right?

What I'm trying to say and what your not hearing is that I have 3 instances of photos that I have been able to upload to the new version of the forum BEFORE you just made the change. The file size on those 3 photos was larger than what the original file size you set was. They should NOT have loaded.

After you bumped it up then every photo I am trying to upload should work because not only is the resolution size smaller than your parameters the file size is as well but yet they still don't and I'm trying to let you know that but your getting shitty with me telling me I'm shit outta luck because I'm letting you know and that makes me entitled? C'mon Spark! I'm complaining because it doesn't work!! If it worked I wouldn't complain. If it was ever working properly why did it let me upload images that were too large?

I think this pretty much sums up how you've treated this, "I have customers other than you dealing with bigger problems like being locked out of their profiles because of 2 Factor authorization somehow getting turned on... and they are unable to actually get in and post" maybe you should have said so from the beginning because you clearly didnt take any of your time to read what I was actually saying earlier. BTW your bumped up parameters still won't load up photos from my end that are small enough and should work. Good luck man.

I don’t care to read all of that, but I’ll tell you what... This pic was shot on 35mm film and then scanned at about 25mb with a film scanner. It’s way too big for this forum, but on Imgur it links fine. Problem solved. I don’t know who takes huge pics from a camera and then expects them to upload to a server without any issues. I have problems posting pics anywhere on the internet, hence why I use a hosting service 🤷‍♀️

UXuF2ib.jpg

I don’t care to read all of that, but I’ll tell you what... This pic was shot on 35mm film and then scanned at about 25mb with a film scanner. It’s way too big for this forum, but on Imgur it links fine. Problem solved. I don’t know who takes huge pics from a camera and then expects them to upload to a server without any issues. I have problems posting pics anywhere on the internet, hence why I use a hosting service 🤷‍♀️

UXuF2ib.jpg
What is your point? If you read any of it you would know I'm taking pics on the most basic setting my phone has. 16:9 (3.4 mega pixel) 2560x1440 resolution. Those pics have worked for years on this forum without some hosting site. They work on all other forums and social media I am also on. Going through them they are all under 1.4 mb. If it's worked fine for years I should be happy now that I have to jump through hoops with an upgrade? It's not like I'm freeloading here. Remember photobucket? So again, what is your point?

Back