What 3 knives would you get first after losing your whole knife collection?

Option 1:
1. Grayman Satu Ti-Ti folder
2. Daniel Winkler Utility knife
3. Busse Battle Mistress.

Option 2:
1. Hinderer Spanto XM-24
2. Busse Team Gemini
3. Busse Rucki

Option 3:
1. Emerson Super Commander
2. Daniel Winkler Field knife
3. Zombie Tools Zakasushi

This would be tough. The longer I think the more options come to mind :confused:

I'd go to my favorite knife shop and get a Sebenza, a Nyala and one Spyderco.
All depending on avalibility, as I needed them fast!
SAK's are multitools within this question - right.
red mag
PS: That question that got me thinking...

Some interesting choices here. If we're talking about the first three knives I'd buy if my entire collection suddenly disappeared, none of them would be folders. I mean, how many folks here would seriously be willing to trust their lives to tools that are broken by design?

Don't get me wrong. I love folders as much as the next guy. In fact, folders are the only knives I carry under normal circumstances. But losing my entire knife collection could hardly be considered normal circumstances. And I, for one, wouldn't be comfortable responding to whatever caused those circumstances with anything less than a fixed-blade knife for every member of my family.

If the SHTF, I'd take a Swamp Rat RatManDu over any folder (or any other fixed-blade, for that matter) on earth. YMMV.

Last edited:
Thanks for bringing this back up. Missed it the first couple times.

ZT 562 CF
Spyderco Caly 3 in CF and ZDP-189
GEC of some sort.

Just 3, huh? Today it would be:

1.) J. Martinni leuku - fixed
2.) Grayman Dua folder
3.) Tekna Ocean Edge dive knife - fixed

A lot of other good ones to pick from so this list would probably change with my mood.

OH WAIT, we can do opitons??? OK...

Option 2:
1.) J.Rozier custom dagger
2. )original Master of Defense Watson Point Man folder
3.) my new Gryphon M-10 fixed

Option 3:
1.) ZT 561 folder
2.) HEST 2.0 folder
3.)BK-11 san mai fixed

Last edited:
Assuming I can afford to replace them:

Enzo Birk 75
Fiddleback Forge Bushboot
Gränsfors Bruk mini hatchet (my idea of a big knife)

15224269019_0e64a20853_c.jpg

If I'm broke I'd probably just get a Mora Companion or Bushcraft to tie me over until I've saved up for aforementioned trio.

Last edited:
if i was just trying to replace my lost knives with usable tools right off the bat, i would be looking at either a buck 110 if youre an outdoorsman and do any kind of woodworking, or a spyderco vetnura 4 with vg 10 steel and made in japan for 60 bucks from walmart online, great slicer/ package opener, and great ergonomics for inside the pocket, then something like a falkkniven A1, for a midsized fixed, the carbon steel blade in the middle for toughness wrapped in a vg10 SS makes for a tough durable knife, with pretty easy care.....then for just an oversized scare the hell out of somebody, and bud k timber rattler is pretty hard to beat for 20 bucks, just a big piece of sharpened steel thats full tang and 1/4 inch thick, great budget knife

I'd start with the users in my collection.
I don't think a folder is broken by design.
From what I understood, there was no "end of the world" scenario involved in question.
I've seen folders do so many things and the are there when you need them.
Doing what a knife is designed for they should outlast me.
I do admit, when you think desaster, I'd go bigger.
So that would be:
Sebenza 25
CRK GB 7"
Spyderco Endura FFG orange.

red mag

Kershaw Leek CB (then put a G-10 front scale and deep carry clip on it)

Vic Classic

ZT0454 (0560CBCF if I couldn't find the 0454)

An Emerson CQC10 to do me until I could hit enough knife shows and win some lotteries and also get on a couple of maker's lists

Jarosz 75-my favorite
If no Machete, I would have to get another one. I probably use that more than anything else.
Followed by SnG CC-just like them

Back