What a pile!

Jerry Halfrich Rounder, some very nice stag that Jerry had for many years

index.php

Attachments

• BFH.jpg
    BFH.jpg
    962.3 KB · Views: 235
Good to see you Kris. That is without a doubt my grail. Damascus isn't necessary but I wouldn't say no.

Thanks fellas, it is a large pattern at 4.25 closed. Gary @Peregrin has a small Rounder(3.75?) in some nice bone, that would probably be a more applicable pattern for most folks. I love it though, Paul made me a nice sheath for it, and Damasteel(RWL-34 and PMC27) performs at a high level(I have a chefs knife in Damasteel). The blade shape is terrific.

Yes, I've seen Gary's. You're right that the small rounder is a better size. That pattern is so appealing, I'd take it in any size.

This old EO just showed up today. It's the oldest and nicest knife I have managed to find in the 2 years I've been collecting. 1512342821_37_4-228x228.jpg 1512342821_37_2-228x228.jpg

Last edited:
The pile side of my swayback gent in burnt amber bond definitely has deeper, richer color. The mark side could definitely be mistaken for regular amber bone.

36520243694_5065ba48b9_b.jpg

How about a little love for the pile sides of our knives? The Mark side always seem to garner all of the attention. It has been my experience, that often the pile side is just as nice, if not nicer than the Mark side. Anyone else? Let's see them!

Back