What are you watching & why? (splain)

🐏🐏🐑🦙🐐
World championships of T&F are this week with Peacock having the most coverage. Men's 100m final is tonight...
I have in the past watched this just about every year. And this year its in Oregon, so I would especially like to watch. But now NBC has moved many of its sports programs behind the Peacock Paywall. Including this one.

Every Tom, Dick & Harry now has their own paywall streaming service. NBC/Peacock, CBS/Paramount, ABC/Disney+/ESPN+, AMC+, Discovery+, PBS Documentaries, Acorn, BritBox. . . not to mention Prime, Netflix, Hulu . . . and of course as in the past you still have your monthly bill for your cable or streaming service (YouTubeTV, FuBo, Sling, etc.) . . . and the various "movie" channels such as HBO, Showtime, Epix, Skinemax, Starz (who all have their own proprietary original programming) . . .

I do not consider this to be a welcome development. Who can afford $5.99 - $9.99 / month times 20?

🐏🐏🐑🦙🐐

I have in the past watched this just about every year. And this year its in Oregon, so I would especially like to watch. But now NBC has moved many of its sports programs behind the Peacock Paywall. Including this one.

Every Tom, Dick & Harry now has their own paywall streaming service. NBC/Peacock, CBS/Paramount, ABC/Disney+/ESPN+, AMC+, Discovery+, PBS Documentaries, Acorn, BritBox. . . not to mention Prime, Netflix, Hulu . . . and of course as in the past you still have your monthly bill for your cable or streaming service (YouTubeTV, FuBo, Sling, etc.) . . . and the various "movie" channels such as HBO, Showtime, Epix, Skinemax, Starz (who all have their own proprietary original programming) . . .

I do not consider this to be a welcome development. Who can afford $5.99 - $9.99 / month times 20?

Yeah, it's getting pretty ridiculous. I don't want to pay for subscription to watch one or two things. It made a lot more sense for the average consumer back when it was just a few places like Netflix and you could watch what you want without drama.

I'm not a proponent of stealing things, but if they don't want people to return to things Pirate Bay, the industry needs to get its act together. I want to pay for the things that I consume. I paid for a subscription to HBO so I could watch Sopranos. But then I forgot to cancel it. It ended up costing over a hundred bucks to have watched Sopranos. It's not like they comp you if you're not using it. Who has time to keep up with all of this crap. I can't be the only one who's getting frustrated with the whole mess and am at a point where I'm ready to do something different.

We currently have:

Netflix
Hulu
HBOMax
Disney+
Peacock
Amazon Prime
Discovery Network (because my kids love Mythbusters and How It’s Made)
AppleTV+

Some of those are promo deals (I get HBO for “free” for having an AT&T cell phone plan) and some are pretty cheap (I preordered Disney+ before it launched for like $150 for 3 years) but it’s still about $50 bucks a month, maybe a little more. Still cheaper than cable though, everyone I know with cable is at close to or above $200/month.

They’d make more money with $2/month subscriptions because more people would subscribe. $5/month so I can watch one show on your network? No thanks, I’ll just watch it for free. It’s sad they can’t find smarter people to work for these multimillion dollar companies.

We currently have:

Netflix
Hulu
HBOMax
Disney+
Peacock
Amazon Prime
Discovery Network (because my kids love Mythbusters and How It’s Made)
AppleTV+

Some of those are promo deals (I get HBO for “free” for having an AT&T cell phone plan) and some are pretty cheap (I preordered Disney+ before it launched for like $150 for 3 years) but it’s still about $50 bucks a month, maybe a little more. Still cheaper than cable though, everyone I know with cable is at close to or above $200/month.

1movieshd.com costs me nothing to watch whatever I want to watch on any of these channels.

WestWorld Season 4 is showing more promise. S1 was a novelty and I found S2 to be kool as fooque. Then Aaron Paul was cast in S3 and the androids went kinda "woke" with a batsh*t crazy Delores which wasn't exactly my "thang" therefore I rate S3 at the bottom compared to the other 2 seasons. A brunette reincarnated Delores with a different name in S4 is not as badass as the blonde Delores of the other seasons but I prefer S4 over S3, so far. Caleb (Arron Paul) is still there but I've gotten used to him! Oh, now William is total BS-Cray-Cray and I'm luv'in it.

WestWorld Season 4 is showing more promise. S1 was a novelty and I found S2 to be kool as fooque. Then Aaron Paul was cast in S3 and the androids went kinda "woke" with a batsh*t crazy Delores which wasn't exactly my "thang" therefore I rate S3 at the bottom compared to the other 2 seasons. A brunette reincarnated Delores with a different name in S4 is not as badass as the blonde Delores of the other seasons but I prefer S4 over S3, so far. Caleb (Arron Paul) is still there but I've gotten used to him! Oh, now William is total BS-Cray-Cray and I'm luv'in it.

I would rank Season 2 below 1 & 3 because it was transitional but I agree that Season 4 is turning out better than the others because it's taking the story in an entirely new "androids conquer the world direction" and it'll be interesting to see how they get out of this Matrix type plot box.

ie., How will the evil androids be stopped??

The Final Episode (#6) for "{Dark Winds" aired the other day.

It was disappointing because it had to resolve several story lines in just one episode and failed in that objective IMO. If the season ran for 8 episodes (which seems to be the standard these days, they would have had at least 3 espisodes to do what they tried to do in just 1.

Won't go into detail to avoid spoiling the plot for those who haven't seen it but there were simply too many plot gaps and unanswered questions, that would confuse even the most casual viewer, which negatively impacted my overall opinion of the show.

"Dark Winds" however has been approved for a 2nd season and hopefully they'll try to fix the problems w/the final episode of Season 1 in the 1st episode and, if necessary, 2nd episode of Season 2.

Last edited:
I would rank Season 2 below 1 & 3 because it was transitional but I agree that Season 4 is turning out better than the others because it's taking the story in an entirely new "androids conquer the world direction" and it'll be interesting to see how they get out of this Matrix type plot box.

ie., How will the evil androids be stopped??

The reason above all else that S2 really appealed to me was not so much the storyline development but their expansion and adventures into the other parts of that vast Park like the Safari and particularly the Shogun/Samurai World part. The one episode where they replicated Sweetwater but in Shogun theme was really really cool (y bad for misspelling Dolores as Delores!).

The plot lines can get quite convoluted specially when the show runs different timelines. I'll put up with Caleb's over enthusiastic and over eager ass in this season because we now seem to also have Teddy Back ;)

Watching the bear on Hulu

Like it so far

Watched the 1st episode but I didn't find it as compelling a show as I 1st thought it would be.

Will try to get back into shortly but I find the overbearing cousin really annoying and if I were "The Bear" I'd kick his a$$ out but then it might not be as interesting a show to others because the cousin creates so much "drama" (unncessarily IMO) in the kitchen.

Last edited:
Back