What Buck Do You Have on Order? Or in the Mail?

I can't put no pictures but I sent my grandson a new Buck 110. The manual folding Hunter. For Christmas present. I didn't get to see it because I had it shipped to his house in North Carolina. But my daughter said he's going to really like it. My daughter sent me pictures of it and it looks pretty damn nice! I think it's a good pick for a young man. Especially a young man that lives in a rural area.

Bucklite 426 on the way, a new one, destined for my "necessities pack" that I keep in my car for emergency situations. My old pack got gone 4-1/2 years ago, wife and I have looked for ages - but with two moves during that time I have accepted that it is gone never to be found again. Bought a new pack yesterday and am getting ready to fill it up. Lost a SOG multi-tool, GI Lensatic Compass, Bucklite 112 blaze orange, two loaded Glock magazines, and other good gear. OH
Ugh! I am sorry to hear about the misplaced bag, but the new one looks great and I hope that you get many years of use from it.

Buck 286 Bantam BHW ... really love the steel in my Buck 174 Mayo Cutback since it's easy to sharpen and holds an edge fairly well for what it is (but unfortunately it's gotten loose at the pivot, and the threads on the pivot screw seem to be stripped -- I can't tighten or loosen it or remove it, it just turns forever)...so when I saw the 286 for $26 I couldn't resist...

Anybody know what "BHW" stands for?
Nice! Than Bantams don't get talked about as much here, but I really like the one's I've seen and used. I have a much-abused 284 riding in my van, and a few years ago I got a bunch of 285's to pass out as gifts. I haven't used the 286 yet. Any photos?

By the way, you could probably send your 174 back to Buck to get sorted. Their warranty service is fantastic.

Bucklite 426 on the way, a new one, destined for my "necessities pack" that I keep in my car for emergency situations. My old pack got gone 4-1/2 years ago, wife and I have looked for ages - but with two moves during that time I have accepted that it is gone never to be found again. Bought a new pack yesterday and am getting ready to fill it up. Lost a SOG multi-tool, GI Lensatic Compass, Bucklite 112 blaze orange, two loaded Glock magazines, and other good gear. OH
Dang, OH, sorry to hear about the lost pack. Don't give up hope, I'm still "finding" misplaced items from my last move, 5 years ago 😆
I love my 426, it's a great lightweight version of the classic.

Ordered the 112 in S35VN and dymalux walnut, one of the BHQ exclusives that just dropped.

Of course, now that I spent money, the BoTM is going to be something I HAVE to have...
I'm in the same boat... I couldn't resist it. It really is just about the perfect version for me.

I am really hoping the BOTM is something that I have zero interest in!

Happy Friday and Happy December! Mr. Postman (a fellow USMC vet - good dude) is scheduled to bring me my first Buck 107 today!

When old Benjamin Franklin thought up the Post Office, I bet he never though I would be using it to take possession of antique knives from complete strangers I met on the internet and electronically sent money to. I’m basically violating every rule my mom ever tried to teach me about interacting with people in public.

Seriously, y’all are a great community. We all know that every time we PayPal someone money for a knife, gun, whatever, we’re basically flipping a coin that we didn’t just flush it down the toilet.

We make some of those gambles without batting an eye - like a user 055 I bought a few years back. Other times we kind of draw a breath and hold it, like on an SK Blades Marksman, or a 1976 Ruger, a JM Stamp Marlin, etc. - and I know many of you play with much higher stakes than I. And thus far, hallelujah, I haven’t been burned.

So happy Friday, happy December, and Godspeed, Mr. Postman!

131DD01A-3198-4C00-8F66-7DB26E53AA0E.jpeg

Ordered last Tuesday with a promised delivery date of the 13th, but arrived yesterday ahead of schedule. Ten "bucks" and free shipping! Now all four of my 112s have a polyester sheath! (This one is for my red Slim Select with nail nick.)

53389121245_e512f13d74_b.jpg

I have a Christmas gift scheduled to arrive on Thursday but I won’t get to open it until Christmas Day. All I know is that it’s something from the Buck Custom Shop but I don’t know which model or which features it has. Can’t wait to check it out!

I like their drop point folders. I have three 501s spanning the years back to 1980, a Duke from some years ago, and just recently, ordered and received their 110 with the 420HC drop point blade and ebony scales. I like that design much better than the traditional 110. I was going to splurge for the S30V but they were out of stock and I've never had an issue with 420HC blades. I'm a user not an abuser of knives.

Back