What kind of folder do you carry?

You need some manicure son!
But did you notice the shiny edge? We are on a blade forum, not a beauty forum. Manicure... Ha! U so funny.
These two kids are absolutely NUTZ! It's a bad scene when they mind meld on fancy, shiny and sharp objects encapsulated with 3D Ti...
No Vulcan mind meld going on here. Unless you want to say that's how you got 3 pm2s so far. 🖖

^^^ actually the very shiny edge of your mighty Shiro did catch my attention, but I wasn't sure if you had already taken your sharpening skills and tools to its factory edge or what not! Regarding the PM2s, that gang is missing a CTS-204P, so maybe soon when I win the lotto (again).

P.S. how dare you blowing my cover knowing that I also belong to a beauty forum :p

My number 1 with a bullet is the Kizer Velox 2, and it aint close. I have about a dozen nice folders, but the Velox 2 ticks all my boxes for EDC.

OdATdKr.jpg

RYZb6XG.jpg

ZNotghN.jpg

Here's a couple, although the bottom knife is unused. The rest have seen their share of edc.

jEVRVuJ.jpg

This Lil Fella came in the mail earlier today. Out slices my CF/Ti Millie in S90V on the thinnest of papers like it's a light saber! Not too fond of the newer Delica's tip (looks like a Roman nose!) from factory but nothing that can not be remedied on your own. This is a Knife Center Exclusive model with Pakkawood/Mahogany handle scales and HAP40/SUS410 steel. The also have a matching Endura, but I'm no big fan of the Endura model in general! I already know that this lil guy will get a lot of pocket time around the House:

V2XNUOW.jpg

P.S. Not the lightest of Delica variants as it comes in at 3 ounces but still light enough to not drag my pants down!

Last edited:
I am not a psychologist but I am detecting an ever so slight additive personality type.

#imjustsaying ;)

Holy ZT Batman.

Get yourself a Shiro, you will have thousands to spend on knives after you obsolete nearly everything in that group shot.

Holy ZT Batman.

Get yourself a Shiro, you will have thousands to spend on knives after you obsolete nearly everything in that group shot.

I'm waiting for the CPK EDC folder. The fixed version has already made most of my "hard use" folders irrelevant. But I'll admit, the 0550 still holds a special place in my heart.. I can't help it..

There are actually way more ZTs than are in that picture. Those are just the folders I've carried and used.. I have a whole collection for the sake of collecting. I'll probably be selling many of them in the near future as my taste has changed a bit.

I'm waiting for the CPK EDC folder. The fixed version has already made most of my "hard use" folders irrelevant. But I'll admit, the 0550 still holds a special place in my heart.. I can't help it..

There are actually way more ZTs than are in that picture. Those are just the folders I've carried and used.. I have a whole collection for the sake of collecting. I'll probably be selling many of them in the near future as my taste has changed a bit.

I'm also looking forward to the CPK folder, but with all due respect to Nathan, Jo, Mark & Lorien I can't see it challenging my favourite Shiros for fit and finish, performance or ergos. In particular my CDs.

I hear you on the ZT. My bestest knife friend also had a ZT thing for a while but has liquidated the vast majority of his in pursuit of Shiro. Much like I did with my CRKs.

I'm also looking forward to the CPK folder, but with all due respect to Nathan, Jo, Mark & Lorien I can't see it challenging my favourite Shiros for fit and finish, performance or ergos. In particular my CDs.

I hear you on the ZT. My bestest knife friend also had a ZT thing for a while but has liquidated the vast majority of his in pursuit of Shiro. Much like I did with my CRKs.

Damn it man.. maybe I'll dabble in a Shiro after I've sold off some stuff. You're certainly not the first person to recommend them.

I'll have to see how it fits into my CPK lifestyle.

Aside from the Manbug HAP40 on the keychain, it is fixed 98.8% of the time. It has been months since I actually pocketed a folder (less Manbug).

Justin is an expenditure black-hole when it comes to his folders and his recommendations thereafter. With the exception of a couple of multi-tool SAK/Victorinox, I draw the line at 5-6 using folders max. I've come a long way :D

Justin is an expenditure black-hole when it comes to his folders and his recommendations thereafter. With the exception of a couple of multi-tool SAK/Victorinox, I draw the line at 5-6 using folders max. I've come a long way :D
I agree..

I'm going to try.to get down to 5-7 folders, not including old-timey slipjoints, or my collection of 0550/0551.. and maybe the 0560BLK because it's so pretty.

Back