What knife would you like to see next from CPK?

And for the record, I'd love to have a shiv. And while it would make an excellent sticker, I don't know about the field dressing, chopping some undergrowth, etc. So, CPK bowie FTW. Nate could name it the Hog's Bane :D

That looks like it could fit the smaller "FK" that is being looked at for this year.
That looks to be 4" - 4 1/2" blade with a matching handle length? Probably closer to 4 1/2" handle?

Anything but a folder, no matter what the folder looks like, from the formless Shiro styles to the ones that try to be artsy. A folder by CPK is an unwise proposition and would most likely not succeed in being the commercial success it would need to be. To many problematic ponderables.

I'm in total concurrence on this one with Mr. Betzner. Oh Lawdy, let it not be a folder!

My wish list: a Skinner, an Slicer or a Medium(ish) Chopper. In which order? Beggars can't be choosers!

the resemblance is uncanny- I'm a big fan of RJ Martin's design work, it makes sense some of it would rub off. Back to the drawing board!
I actually like the sharper plunge and more elongated overall shape on your drawing. I certainly didn't mean to steer you off of that.. it looks awesome. I was just noticing the similarities between your drawing and some of other stuff I enjoy.

It's like saying, "Hey man, that guitar solo is badass.. sounds like Satriani.." ..aint nothin wrong with that!

Last edited:
I'm just now realizing some of the headaches of a knife designer. So many models have been built, it must be agonizing sometimes to make it your own. Cheers Lorien.

To me, that drawing is a fantastic example of balancing artistic influence to create something personal.

I'd love to get my hands on a "RJ Shi-Lorien".

Back