What knife would you like to see next from CPK?

Thanks so much for the reply and the info!

Pity there aren't more of them. From what I've seen/read it looks like an extraordinarily capable knife that's very strong yet still a good slicer and all in a size that I'd imagine appeals to a lot of people.

You're welcome. The field knife is one of my all-time favorites. Also, I should amend the number I gave you before, since as I read back through you were asking specifically about d3v field knives. Not sure of the total number of d3v units produced, but significantly less than that 400 mark I stated earlier. I wouldn't pass up a field knife in any steel at this point, though, if I was serious about locking one down. Welcome to the forum!

I love the EDC as is. I need thinner scales to make it a necker.

I'd love the option of thin, flat scales on some models. They're not as ergonomic for extended use, but man do they go through the brush with a lot less hangups.

You're welcome. The field knife is one of my all-time favorites. Also, I should amend the number I gave you before, since as I read back through you were asking specifically about d3v field knives. Not sure of the total number of d3v units produced, but significantly less than that 400 mark I stated earlier. I wouldn't pass up a field knife in any steel at this point, though, if I was serious about locking one down. Welcome to the forum!

I'd love the option of thin, flat scales on some models. They're not as ergonomic for extended use, but man do they go through the brush with a lot less hangups.
I have some 1/4" canvas micarta in Black and in Natural.
Once I have this walking boot off of my foot and I can actually get a protective shoe on my foot I will be seeing what I can come up with.
I have until about the end of Aug. to the beginning of Sept. so I have a little time to use the EDC in its natural form prior to my making things for it.

I have two knives that I am excited about tinkering with (scales and sheaths), an EDC and the new Lion Steel Barlow in M390 with bolted on handle slabs.

Ocean County.

Do you carry your CPK EDC daily up there?
How do folks take to it?

I tend to carry a fixed and folder combination, and I already sold off my other EDC fixed blades since I have a 4V inbound.
:eek:

Ocean County.

Do you carry your CPK EDC daily up there?
How do folks take to it?

I tend to carry a fixed and folder combination, and I already sold off my other EDC fixed blades since I have a 4V inbound.
:eek:

I spend a lot of time down there. Mainly Lacey, Stafford, and Manahawkin.

Yes I carry it daily in the vertical sheath on my 3-3:30 position. Most people don't even blink at it or the Sebenza in my pocket because I'm generally in work boots, stained jeans, and a brightly colored shirt so they understand I'm a working person, not a thug.

Hey if you know anybody that needs a welder you let me know ;)

A bit of a hike for you, eh?
I am in Toms River, Brick, Howell most of the time.

I'll keep an ear out for you. My buddy does fencing (vinyl, wood, and chain link) and he may be wanting to modify his trailer.
I'll send him a text tomorrow.

Good to know it. That is often where I carry mine, unless it is a Becker BK11. That just gets slipped behind my wallet in the factory sheath.

A bit of a hike for you, eh?
I am in Toms River, Brick, Howell most of the time.

I'll keep an ear out for you. My buddy does fencing (vinyl, wood, and chain link) and he may be wanting to modify his trailer.
I'll send him a text tomorrow.

Good to know it. That is often where I carry mine, unless it is a Becker BK11. That just gets slipped behind my wallet in the factory sheath.

Much appreciated. And I don't mind traveling when the cash is there. I started a mobile welding business to be mobile. I live in about a mile from the Cheesequake rest area.

I've carried my FK, GSO 4.1, and ESEE 4 in the same manner with no problems from anybody.

Much appreciated. And I don't mind traveling when the cash is there. I started a mobile welding business to be mobile. I live in about a mile from the Cheesequake rest area.

I've carried my FK, GSO 4.1, and ESEE 4 in the same manner with no problems from anybody.
As far as I am concerned, these comments are just another vote for a Necker sized skeleton handled knife.

Slabs or paracord can be added after market, just have two holes holes cut for pins or wrapping and we will be good.

I have some 1/4" canvas micarta in Black and in Natural.
Once I have this walking boot off of my foot and I can actually get a protective shoe on my foot I will be seeing what I can come up with.
I have until about the end of Aug. to the beginning of Sept. so I have a little time to use the EDC in its natural form prior to my making things for it.

I have two knives that I am excited about tinkering with (scales and sheaths), an EDC and the new Lion Steel Barlow in M390 with bolted on handle slabs.

Sorry to hear about the foot, speedy recovery sir. If you build some narrow scales I'd sure like to see what you come up with.

As far as I am concerned, these comments are just another vote for a Necker sized skeleton handled knife.

Slabs or paracord can be added after market, just have two holes holes cut for pins or wrapping and we will be good.

What? A CPK skeleton necker? Another vote from me :D

Did you guys miss out on the skeletonized necker preorder? Mine just came in today.

F0gnERJ.jpg

I used to neck carry my Izula on a paracord necklace. I just want something superior in design and materials. When I'm on the iron I always keep something around my neck as my harness generally won't allow me to get a blade from my pocket or belt.

I'm working toward being able to build fully functional CPK prototypes and actually earn my keep! Stoked on getting started on the FKII, but it's my busy season which means not much knife design and building until things slow down in the winter. These 6 day weeks are brutal!

I'm in agreement with scrapmetal about the EDC handle on a slightly longer blade. The only thing I would change would be the thumb ramp on the blade. When I choke up to get my hand way up behind the cutting edge, my thumb ends up on the bump. For the EDC it's not a problem because the sweet spot of the blade is close enough to the handle, but if the blade was longer I'd imagine it would create a hot spot for me.

Back