What Makes a Good, Traditional Barlow?

Duncan... each picture got better and better. Beautiful Case barlows! And that TC is elegant, clean, love it :thumbup:

Was admiring my TCs... something I do at least once a day.. ha ha.. and decided to take a little Spear Saturday pic. Spears represent the largest block by blade type in my little collection.

IMG_1534_zps4vb38nrd.jpg

Thank you Drew matey. Those oldies I posted are just great - but my friend that's a very nice line up of TC Spears!

Very nice knife

Thank you very much for the compliment:)

I saw this on our Exchange and just could not believe it, I have wanted this knife for some time...
I have a couple of Stunning Clip Point 60's era Case Red Bone Barlows, one is particularly special to me that I carried on my Wedding Day, here is a Spear Point Brother to my Clip Points - what a lovely Knife! I am really impressed with the near full blades- Stunning Early case Red Bone that almost hues between a Orange and a Red- ans I really really like this Bone on this beautiful knife, this knife and I are the same age - both amazing conditioned Vintage Models lol.....

Case Red Bone and Native NZ Rimu.....

Duncan,, WONDERFUL BARLOWS!!! all so nice, the Grand Daddy, the Burke and the fantastic CASE...but really is the Case over a hundred years old!!!:eek::D;)

Duncan... each picture got better and better. Beautiful Case barlows! And that TC is elegant, clean, love it :thumbup:

Was admiring my TCs... something I do at least once a day.. ha ha.. and decided to take a little Spear Saturday pic. Spears represent the largest block by blade type in my little collection.

IMG_1534_zps4vb38nrd.jpg

Absolutely gorgeous TC spears, Drew. They are my favorites, too. :thumbup::thumbup:

Many thanks you guys :) there is something about the spears Dean :thumbup:

Paul that one had me actually laughing out loud ha ha! But seriously Duncan those Case Barlows are impressive, real beauties.

IMG_1534_zps4vb38nrd.jpg

Wow. Really impressive Drew. The covers on the PPP are incredible. Thanks for sharing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I took the time to read the blurbs on various of Charlie's tubes. The words on the TC red jigged bone really struck a chord.

"We can provide the tools for the next generation. We can give them a break from the continuous feed of worldly propaganda, so they can actually contemplate it a bit. ... Even if you just make a pile of shavings, your thoughts are your own when you whittle a stick!"

That's probably enough politicking. Here's my good traditional barlow.

5bc4957a506fcb1b5141d1fd630bdf5f.jpg

Thanks for quoting that, MJ!!
I needed to be reminded - listening to too much news lately!

I took the time to read the blurbs on various of Charlie's tubes. The words on the TC red jigged bone really struck a chord.

"We can provide the tools for the next generation. We can give them a break from the continuous feed of worldly propaganda, so they can actually contemplate it a bit. ... Even if you just make a pile of shavings, your thoughts are your own when you whittle a stick!"

That's probably enough politicking. Here's my good traditional barlow.

5bc4957a506fcb1b5141d1fd630bdf5f.jpg

TC barlow wonderful, but which one is not it?:thumbup::D

PT-Luso and MJ.... fantastic TCs both of you! And MJ thank you... the sawcut on the PPP is one of my favorite looking covers so far :thumbup:

My Barlow family welcomes another beauty. The "Days Work" Barlow in saddle brown saw cut bone. I have done some investigating and I think I know whose barlow it was before me..........

Here is a picture I happened to find on a traditional thread.......from who do you ask? Dean "RDaneel" notice the two spots towards the spine of the knife.

And here is a photo I took of it today. I thought it would be cool to show how a knife makes its way around the community.

My Barlow family welcomes another beauty. The "Days Work" Barlow in saddle brown saw cut bone. I have done some investigating and I think I know whose barlow it was before me..........

Here is a picture I happened to find on a traditional thread.......from who do you ask? Dean "RDaneel" notice the two spots towards the spine of the knife.

And here is a photo I took of it today. I thought it would be cool to show how a knife makes its way around the community.

Ha! The many lives of knives! Great work. And a great picture of your 3 TCs.

Back