What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

MxD2uxn.jpg

Even though this calendar was from Friday I still wanted to share it with you today Amir Fleschwund Amir Fleschwund . Double win, dad joke and musician joke. I didn’t play this morning but I’m back at it next Sunday.

ssKkSob.jpeg
Made me smile, my friend.
The other two guitarists in our worship band, both usually playing 12 strings, rely on capos to deal with any key other than G, C, or D. And since half of our selections are old hymns, a lot of them are in Bb, Eb, etc.
And when there is a modulation (key change), usually 1/2 step up on the last verse or chorus, it’s fun to watch them try to move the capo, or just stop playing. 😀

SAK of the Week is a black Alox Pioneer:

Stockman of the Week is a Schrade+ USA 897UH (thanks, Dean):

- GT
Quality pair served up hy your rotation schedule, Gary.
I know you’re fond of Schrade’s Bone Stag Delrin®️, so I hope you find a use for that Uncle Henry today!

I was sick last week, covid maybe I don't know. But now I'm about 20 pages behind! :eek: It might take a while to catch up.

xv0OCsJ.jpg
Hope you whip it fast. I caught that right before Easter. Three days of laying around in my recliner ~ I slogged through my attachments, deleted a couple thousand photos. Which is less than half of what I started with. I quit though, because it’s tedious, tiresome, and boring. Yessir. All three. Plus, I made the mistake of slowing to look at them. And I liked them, so it felt dumb to delete them.

Last edited:
Last edited:
QCO1SwUh.jpg

qVZ2TJFh.jpg

uqaH29Kh.jpg

3vXVJwYh.jpg

hcPWEc6h.jpg

lKm6XSYh.jpg

Here's some carry pics from the last week or so. Been busy here, had to get taxes done and put in two new (used) wall ovens at our house (duplex). My wife wanted to come used appliance shopping with me, so I smiled and acquiesced. You should have seen the look on her face when we pulled up to a shack in the North Bottoms surrounded by about a square acre of junk. We waited a long time for the hoarder to show up, and my wife was pretty sure we were getting killed or robbed, but instead we got this used wall oven cheap. I retrofit our built-in china cabinets to receive the ovens.
0aLIrXWl.jpg

Amir Fleschwund Amir Fleschwund Thanks for noticing the rawhide mallet. They're billed as non-marring, but firmer than any rubber mallet. Might come in handy for tinkering with slipjoints?
I was sick last week, covid maybe I don't know. But now I'm about 20 pages behind! :eek: It might take a while to catch up.
Hope you're feeling better Patrick? I just give up on catching up sometimes, otherwise I'll deliberately not log on knowing it will take me hours. At least your Ember is ridiculously nice ;)

QCO1SwUh.jpg

qVZ2TJFh.jpg

uqaH29Kh.jpg

3vXVJwYh.jpg

hcPWEc6h.jpg

lKm6XSYh.jpg

Here's some carry pics from the last week or so. Been busy here, had to get taxes done and put in two new (used) wall ovens at our house (duplex). My wife wanted to come used appliance shopping with me, so I smiled and acquiesced. You should have seen the look on her face when we pulled up to a shack in the North Bottoms surrounded by about a square acre of junk. We waited a long time for the hoarder to show up, and my wife was pretty sure we were getting killed or robbed, but instead we got this used wall oven cheap. I retrofit our built-in china cabinets to receive the ovens.
0aLIrXWl.jpg

Amir Fleschwund Amir Fleschwund Thanks for noticing the rawhide mallet. They're billed as non-marring, but firmer than any rubber mallet. Might come in handy for tinkering with slipjoints?

Hope you're feeling better Patrick? I just give up on catching up sometimes, otherwise I'll deliberately not log on knowing it will take me hours. At least your Ember is ridiculously nice ;)
Nice week’s worth of slipjoint/fixed blade pairs. At first I thought the 5th folder down was a ‘19 Forum Knife with different wood.
Nice work on the cabinets.

Rawhide mallets are good for driving frets into fingerboards, too.

Like that knife!
B12-E8896-8423-44-C9-8905-CC906-C86944-B.jpg

Wright and Sabre
Those will work well together!

xv0OCsJ.jpg
Great pairing!
Small Lamb and a Barlow

vmSQPNL.jpg
Handsome pair of knives!
Ended up shoveling a bit of snow yesterday after all - just enough to make my shoulders sore this morning. Sticking around the homestead today carrying this Tribal Lock.

Sausage and pancakes for breakfast.
Nice Tribal Lock!
Lot’s of rain this weekend here in Santa Cruz. It was nice to go for a walk.
View attachment 2551461
Slick Barlow!
QCO1SwUh.jpg

qVZ2TJFh.jpg

uqaH29Kh.jpg

3vXVJwYh.jpg

hcPWEc6h.jpg

lKm6XSYh.jpg

0aLIrXWl.jpg

Good combo of knives!

Back