What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by jackknife, Apr 8, 2008.

1. blade dude

blade dude

Nov 8, 2015
    [​IMG]does this count as traditional

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. SadSappySucker

SadSappySucker

Jul 20, 2014
    Gettin' all artsy and stuff
    [​IMG]

And just cuz
    [​IMG]

3. BMCGear

BMCGear Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 4, 2014
    I picked this one up today, locally. Would have never have bought one of these without handling it first. In hand, I get it.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. avoidspam

avoidspam

Jul 2, 2011
    [​IMG]

Sam

5. Robert.B

Robert.B

Apr 17, 2003
    [​IMG]

And my BF 2011 ezopen. :)

6. Macchina

Macchina

Apr 7, 2006
    The day started out really cold for April (less than 20°F):
    [​IMG]

But it warmed up above 30° and we were able to get some game cameras and stands put out. I forgot my hatchet and saw so I trimmed some grass, cut away part of a tree, removed a few limbs, and cut some old straps with these knives:
    [​IMG]

7. BigBiscuit

BigBiscuit

Dec 11, 2014
    [​IMG]

8. johnny twoshoes

johnny twoshoes

Feb 3, 2011

Harry, thanks for the comment!
    I feel as though we share an affinity for stag! I can't leave the house without at least one stag knife on my person. It's taken over as my go to handle choice!

The #77 again with my camp TCK.
    [​IMG]

9. plk7

plk7

Jan 30, 2012
    That is just stunning! The build quality looks amazing in your photo. I can only imagine how it feels in hand.

So much to like about the City Knife. To me, it gives off a combination modern and traditional vibe. Love the blade shape also.

10. clutchcarter

clutchcarter

Dec 11, 2011
    I'm doing some catch up on this thread and there is way too much great stuff to multi quote, but here's a few...

Fantastic job on that rebuild!!
    Nice job Rob!!
    Knives look better once they're broken in.:thumbup:
    R.I.P. Merle. One of my Dad's favorites. I'll hope they're throwing back a few cold ones together wherever they are.
    :eek::thumbup:
    Nice, don't worry about the focus. Art doesn't always require perfect focus...whatever that means?:eek:
    You're welcome Bob. I hope it's working out for ya.

11. Kymedic45

Kymedic45

Apr 28, 2013
    My new daily carry

[​IMG]

Resident assistant thread jacker

12. Charlie Mike

Charlie Mike Sober since 1-7-14 (still a Paranoid Nutjob) Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Nov 1, 2000
    [video=youtube;2leiuoaisoA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2leiuoaisoA[/video]

13. Old Engineer

Old Engineer Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 30, 2014
    You are correct Johnny !!!! I seldom do leave the house without one Stag handled knife in my pocket. It is usually one of the two 73's , but I sometimes have to watch blade length like I did yesterday.
    BTW : Nice Stag on your 77 Barlow .

Harry

14. Jsega51

Jsega51 Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 11, 2015
    Pile Side Sunday!! (Bret Dowell Trapper)

[​IMG]

15. TonySal

TonySal

Jan 10, 2015
    Jacker #2- how's the Max working out? Pocket or backpack like others, ok but not loving it.....and mine is a Micro!

Sent by P F M !

16. Charlie Mike

Charlie Mike Sober since 1-7-14 (still a Paranoid Nutjob) Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Nov 1, 2000
    Love everything about this bowie. Wish I had a milling machine. One day.

17. Peregrin

Peregrin Traditional Forum Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Sep 2, 2004
    Nice knives and pics today guys!
    Ted's post of the Lone Wolf/Loveless City knife prompted me to carry this fixed blade City Knife made by Eldon Talley. I've also put the Case/Bose Norfolk in my pocket for the day.
    [​IMG]

18. BigBiscuit

BigBiscuit

Dec 11, 2014
    :thumbup: I feel like I've seen this one somewhere before. ;):D

19. T. Erdelyi

T. Erdelyi Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 3, 2001
    Tryin' to unlock a file cabinet today and avoiding anything strenuous, my septic pump is waitin' for my daughter to help me lower down when she gets home so I figured I'd sit in the garage and pick the lock on an old file cabinet I lost the key to 10 years ago. Mrs thinks there's untold millions in it.... I told her if there was more than a buck and a half I would a had it open years ago.

So it's an easy day with an easy day knife, 1912 Union Knifeworks Cigar Jack.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 10, 2016
  20. Jsega51

Jsega51 Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 11, 2015
    Have you been peeking through my truck windows!?

[​IMG]