What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Always love seeing red bones my friend. :thumbup::)

I know that's right! :eek::thumbup:

I have a weakness for that old Case Red Bone Ron , but I have never found a nice one in the Antique shops . They are just great to look at my friend .

Harry

Thanks Harry! They are around just have to be lucky sometimes! A lot of people buff them to try and make them look mint or new. The handles will age gracefully usually improving with age. The blades on this one are pitted from neglect. However they are near if not full. I actually believe that as dull as it was when I got it, it probably had the factory edges.:)

Beautiful Ebony and Ivory Mr. Jack !!! (reminded me of a mutual old friend, which influenced my carries for today)

awtawi.jpg

2aaftps.jpg

Those blades and leather are absolutely beautiful! Really like how your personalized your leather slip [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My Sunday tote

tdZhx2G.jpg

And a good looking tote it is..... :thumbup:

To lanyard, or not to lanyard, that is the question? :)

I'm carrying these two today.

Mission accomplished in style! :thumbup:
Hopefully you two enjoyed each others company.

Having fun with pictures today and my apologies for the over load but I can't help myself [emoji846]
a7faa33516c12721c9f5431ae2587cef.jpg
fa96676900d28b31a3756e10d248fef8.jpg

There's no such thing as the statement aforementioned above. Keep 'em coming! You've hit nothing but home runs all week!! :thumbup:

Among the knives I've been using for food prep so far this year are these:
EO buffalo horn 85 (thanks, Paul):
ULxy4tA.jpg

a 4" MAM Iberica:
BDOYFVM.jpg

an Opinel #7:
IL80TTv.jpg

an Imperial equal-end jack:
QHzitR3.jpg

and my Colonial Forest-Master:
belHxdc.jpg

Nice seeing you around, Gary! What did you & those veggies come up with? Look like good eats. :)

Last edited:
Easily understood why! [emoji3] Beautiful Davison and yes, those liners do pop!

Thanks ! Im enjoying the Photo shoots almost as much as the knife lol .
With those Zombie green liners I'll be set for the next season of The Walking Dead [emoji106]

I have been admiring those AdV Pocket Butchers for a long time. I always enjoy unusual slipjoint designs and now I finally got one! Thick D2 steel wharncliffe blade with long pull, handle with rosewood scales and fluted bolsters. The fit and finish is not as good as I would have expected it on this level but those are just small, aesthetic flaws. Overall it feels like a good EDC knife and it really stands out from the other knives in my collection.

I have been admiring those AdV Pocket Butchers for a long time. I always enjoy unusual slipjoint designs and now I finally got one! Thick D2 steel wharncliffe blade with long pull, handle with rosewood scales and fluted bolsters. The fit and finish is not as good as I would have expected it on this level but those are just small, aesthetic flaws. Overall it feels like a good EDC knife and it really stands out from the other knives in my collection.

Well one thing for sure , That's one good looking Blade that's built like a tank !!
Congrats [emoji106]

That looks great sorry to hear it wasn't as well done
How thick is the edge ?
G2

While I think it's a nice knife, I would advise anyone considering an ADV knife to check out the makers history on the GB&U section of this forum. He is one of the few to make it to the hall of shame.
http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/showthread.php/1331040-Bad-Problems-with-ADV-(Andre-de-Villiers)

Well one thing for sure , That's one good looking Blade that's built like a tank !!
Congrats [emoji106]

Thank you!!

That looks great sorry to hear it wasn't as well done
How thick is the edge ?
G2

It's not really a big deal. The rosewood scales are not perfectly fitted and there is a small crack on one side. It's the kind of stuff that is annoying because you feel like this should not be the case with a knife in this price category but it still looks great and does not affect the function at all. I could have sent it back but in the end it probably just makes it more likely for me to carry and use it a lot because I don't feel the need to baby it!

The edge is about 1/8 or .125 in.

Thank you!!

It's not really a big deal. The rosewood scales are not perfectly fitted and there is a small crack on one side. It's the kind of stuff that is annoying because you feel like this should not be the case with a knife in this price category but it still looks great and does not affect the function at all. I could have sent it back but in the end it probably just makes it more likely for me to carry and use it a lot because I don't feel the need to baby it!

The edge is about 1/8 or .125 in.

I like your thought process [emoji106]

While I think it's a nice knife, I would advise anyone considering an ADV knife to check out the makers history on the GB&U section of this forum. He is one of the few to make it to the hall of shame.
http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/showthread.php/1331040-Bad-Problems-with-ADV-(Andre-de-Villiers)

I was not aware of this when I bought the knife. I watched some youtube reviews to make sure I know what I'm getting but I didn't research his background because I got it from a dealer and not from him directly. He is quite active in several of the EDC Facebook groups but seeing these threads I would at least be very careful with any custom orders... It's sad to see someone making good knives but being a bad businessman!

I think you are listing how thick the blade is, I was wondering how thick the edge was just above the edge bevel area, figured a knife like that might be a tad thicker, maybe in the .025" to .030" thickness ?

And those cosmetic things don't sound so terrible, but yes, you have some preconceived ideas of it before you open the box, so anything less is a let down.
G2

I think you are listing how thick the blade is, I was wondering how thick the edge was just above the edge bevel area, figured a knife like that might be a tad thicker, maybe in the .025" to .030" thickness ?

And those cosmetic things don't sound so terrible, but yes, you have some preconceived ideas of it before you open the box, so anything less is a let down.
G2

Sorry, I did not read your question properly! Unfortunately I don't have anything here to measure it. It does feel thicker there than your usual slipjoint knife though!

Back