What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Carried my newly arrived Red Linen Bull Nose and Marks wonderful creation, a Fish Barlow Fixed Blade in Red Micarta:thumbup:

Walked the dogs a little over 3 1/2 miles in glorious 40° plus temps, wonderful day:cool:

mkkldG.jpg

Now that picture really gets my attention . Nice knives too my friend .

Harry

Harry I agree! I opened the page and admittedly saw your repost and said outloud, "Good grief!" :thumbup:

Beautiful set Paul

No8 & Huntsman today

Carried my newly arrived Red Linen Bull Nose and Marks wonderful creation, a Fish Barlow Fixed Blade in Red Micarta:thumbup:

Walked the dogs a little over 3 1/2 miles in glorious 40° plus temps, wonderful day:cool:

mkkldG.jpg

Paul, your red theme carry yesterday is eye-grabbing. Mark's "wonderful creation" is particularly stunning! :thumbup::thumbup: However did he come up with that idea?

My favorite named Lucky [emoji6]
a8a8f97beaf01642adfea73cb828a174.jpg

Great photo of that TC Barlow!

My long term favorite slipjoint
DSC_0868.jpg

I can see why. :thumbup: There is just something about a SBJ.

I'm carrying the 2016 forum knife today. I like a day when I carry a knife with a punch and actually use it.

Paul, your red theme carry yesterday is eye-grabbing. Mark's "wonderful creation" is particularly stunning! :thumbup::thumbup: However did he come up with that idea?

Great photo of that TC Barlow!

I can see why. :thumbup: There is just something about a SBJ.

I'm carrying the 2016 forum knife today. I like a day when I carry a knife with a punch and actually use it.

Thanks RDaneel !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yesterday's mailbox, today's pocket.

8384a80e2f553da68253be7024b287b1.jpg

YES!! Another elk one for you, Alan? :cool: I admire the knife, but the baseball and seashells remind me that pitchers/catchers have reported to spring training! :thumbup:

Very nice knife, Alan, although my first thought was along the same line as Gary's comment: Is it baseball season yet? :D

Baseball is by far my favorite sport, and I particularly enjoy attending games in person. I will say, though, that despite living in the Phoenix area (home to Spring Training for half the MLB teams), I rarely attend Spring Training games. The games aren't particularly exciting or competitive, tickets (depending on the teams and venue) can be hard to come by unless you plan months in advance, and beer costs just as much as it does at regular MLB game! :eek: Plus, I'm a Cardinals fan, and their Spring Training is in Florida. I have heard that the Cubs new facility out here is very nice, but getting ahold of those tickets (especially this year) is particularly difficult. :rolleyes:

I really enjoy college baseball. I loved going to Arkansas Razorback baseball games when we lived in Fayetteville. It's inexpensive, you're close to the action, the fans are excited and the competition is great. In my opinion, it's the best baseball experience you could ask for. :D

Today was a Blood Red Jigged Bone Northfield #47 Viper. :)

22616385455_6e83b92169_b_d.jpg

Ron, that Viper is very nice! I have the exact same knife, although I find myself carrying my green jigged bone Tidioute from the same run more often.

TC Barlow for TC Tuesday

Great photo, Frank! :thumbup:

non-SAK Bailed Knife of the Week is a Holub Electrician (thanks, Dave):
b5Epnon.jpg

Interesting knife, Gary. Is that a sheepsfoot main? I don't think I've seen a sheepsfoot electrician before.

I'm carrying my single clip TC today, currently sitting outside enjoying the wonderful weather.

721BB6B7-4C85-43F5-9B6E-7A540F6811C7.jpg

Hi Barrett, pitchers and catchers reported this week. Full team workouts should start within a week. Whoever said baseball is a dying sport should try and get tickets, right? It's too bad the prices are are so high and beer is also. I worked for the Yankees as a photographer for a while and they seem to have a license to print money. Watch one game at home on tv with the family and I can afford another knife! Don't carry a knife to the game though, they use the same system as the TSA.

Switched out my TC today to give my Maroon Micarta Beer Scout a ride in its leather slip since it works so hard on the weekends popping caps off my favorite beverages. So today it relaxes in some soft leather and jeans [emoji16]
45ef73eb30bf227d0253bf8fc318fe16.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi Barrett, pitchers and catchers reported this week. Full team workouts should start within a week. Whoever said baseball is a dying sport should try and get tickets, right? It's too bad the prices are are so high and beer is also. I worked for the Yankees as a photographer for a while and they seem to have a license to print money. Watch one game at home on tv with the family and I can afford another knife! Don't carry a knife to the game though, they use the same system as the TSA.

Fortunately, once the regular season starts, it's pretty easy and fairly inexpensive see an MLB game here. It helps that the Diamondbacks aren't very good. :rolleyes: Unfortunately, the beer is still just as expensive. :mad:

The Cardinals play one series in Arizona every year, so we always get tickets for that, and we'll go to a few other games throughout the year, too. Chase Field is a decent ballpark, especially when the weather's nice and they open the roof. Same deal with security, though, so no knives.

Ron, that Viper is very nice! I have the exact same knife, although I find myself carrying my green jigged bone Tidioute from the same run more often.

I'm carrying my single clip TC today, currently sitting outside enjoying the wonderful weather.

Barrett - Thank you my friend! That's a nice TC buddy! :thumbup:

Today I have been Totin some Case Red Bone. :)

32348543590_d4ddc74a8c_b_d.jpg

It's stamped Walden Knife Co.
Here's the old fellow when I found him:

Great job of getting your old Walden shaped up, r8shell! :cool:

Nice photo.

Afternoon carry.
3f0b48022bc1fb1af093689992884ef8.jpg
Alan, that black humpback stockman is an arresting knife! :thumbup:

I carried this Kent yesterday and today.
Kent%20Knife%20Cell%203%20X_zps77itbxvp.jpg
Colorful Kent, B.Mauser! :thumbup:

I'm afraid to say that the term 'Half-Whittler' is just gibberish my friend, even more so than 'Half-Congress', another made-up designation, which I don't think we should be seeing here. Check out the reference originally cited by Jake. I don't think Mr Levine gets absolutely everything right, but he certainly knows his onions when it comes to traditional patterns ;) :thumbup:
Thanks again pal, nice covers on that Electrician's Knife
Thanks for sharing those insights, Jack. :thumbup: I have a tendency to speak gibberish wherever I go, BF included. :eek:
I find the Holub's covers to be quite mesmerizing.

We have another storm rolling in tonight.

I carried these two today. A Case Barlow and a Vic Popular.

IBsZW8sl.jpg

Have a good one!

Ken K.
Notable pair, Ken! :thumbup: The Popular is certainly that with me.

Entering the Stream

32923725995_bec635b6ec_b.jpg
And leaving a wake! :cool:

A recycled photo, but I am carrying this guy yesterday and today, and it's making me nervous. It is so smooth it's slippery! I need a proper pocket slip. Here we come Hitch and Timber.

yT36cbp.jpg
You must be very proud of that winner, Alan! :thumbup:

It has been awhile! I remedied that today. :D

31324433685_8b3e29fe49_b_d.jpg
Oh-O sage can you see by the dawn's early light?? Always cool to see that old favorite, Ron! :cool:

mkkldG.jpg
Stellar study in scarlet, Paul! :thumbup:

You're so right Will. This Queen teardrop in D2 is as good as it gets for me along with its smaller sidekick.

1574bdbdb7f5e0c03cbdf1af0d78dddf.jpg
Pretty pair, Alan. :thumbup: I'll be there before the next teardrop falls! ;)

My long term favorite slipjoint
DSC_0868.jpg
Such an iconic knife, tomsch! :thumbup:

No8 & Huntsman today

That's a couple of all business knives, Brett! :cool: I'm carrying a Huntsman this week; might be my favorite non-Alox Vic (well, I'd rather trade the corkscrew for a philips screwdriver - Fieldmaster, I think).

Very nice knife, Alan, although my first thought was along the same line as Gary's comment: Is it baseball season yet? :D
Interesting knife, Gary. Is that a sheepsfoot main? I don't think I've seen a sheepsfoot electrician before.

Enjoyed your exchange with Alan about the joys of baseball, Barrett. :thumbup: Nice TC!!!
The main blade of that Electrician is actually a worn-out hawkbill. Here's a photo:
ykuFzYe.jpg

Sowbelly(s)

tuxpi.com.1486009925_zpsqj551w6k.jpg
Your "3 Little Pigs" are fantastic, Dee! :thumbup: They've got this big bad wolf huffing and puffing! ;)

Today I have been Totin some Case Red Bone. :)

32348543590_d4ddc74a8c_b_d.jpg
Captivating crimson pen knife, Ron! :thumbup:

My Canoe of the Week is a cracked ice Chinese Imperial (and yes, I posted a matching mini canoe earlier this week if you've been keeping score :rolleyes:):
4zSPwe6.jpg

303C45F.jpg

My Big Knife of the Week is an Imperial USA clip/pen toothpick (thanks, Dave). Wish I could find another one or two of these old guys!
0G8J7F6.jpg

- GT

Gary, I was trying to recall the words to that song but I guess I'm past the age of remembrance. As far as the humpback stockman, it's one of the knives I can't see myself ever giving up. The F&F and the W&T are amazing, sunken joints, and great blade selection make it a true winner.

Now that picture really gets my attention . Nice knives too my friend .

Harry

Thank you Harry, I love how thin Marks fixed Barlow is, disappears in it's sheath in my back pocket:thumbup:

Harry I agree! I opened the page and admittedly saw your repost and said outloud, "Good grief!" :thumbup:

Beautiful set Paul

No8 & Huntsman today

Thank you Brett, there'll be no losing this pair with it's bright color, an effective duo your carrying today:thumbup:

Thanks Dean, you had me digging in the TC thread of Charlie's as I had thought he posted some vintage fixed Barlows? About all I can say is Mark is the originator of the Fish fixed blade Barlow:eek:

I too enjoy having a punch and using it, great picture:)

qMG6Riy.jpg

Friedrich Hartkopf. Did a fool thing to sell this, but I managed to trade it back! :D

Friedrich Hartkopf. Did a fool thing to sell this, but I managed to trade it back! :D

Nice one A.L.! I was wondering if you might feel that bite of remorse after thinning out your collection a while back. That Hartkopf is a worthy keeper, for sure.

I'm totin' this A. Wright Rosewood Tackler knife today...

Nice one A.L.! I was wondering if you might feel that bite of remorse...

Thanks! Sometimes more, but not much really. :)
I've actual felt a bit more peace of mind when I can concentrate on less.
Not to say that I don't have knives on my sights.. ;)

Effective looking wharnie you got!

Thanks! Sometimes more, but not much really. :)
I've actual felt a bit more peace of mind when I can concentrate on less.
Not to say that I don't have knives on my sights.. ;)

Effective looking wharnie you got!

Thanks A.L.!

Yes, a minimalist refocussing of a collection can be very satisfying. I tend to carry and use a few core stalwarts, although having said that, I do like to try new patterns as well.

The Tackler is one such knife I only learned about recently. There's some interesting information on this lesser known Sheffield pattern in this thread for any of you straight edge enthusiasts.

http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/showthread.php/1468885-Sheffield-made-Tackler-knives

Thanks for sharing those insights, Jack. :thumbup: I have a tendency to speak gibberish wherever I go, BF included. :eek:

LOL! :D Sorry GT :eek: Not your gibberish my friend, just gibberish in general! :D You should hear me ranting about the Sheffield manufacturers inability to correctly name their patterns (the 'Senator' which is a Lambsfoot rather than a Penknife, or the short-bolstered 'Barlow' for example)! :rolleyes: Pattern designations can sometimes be debatable, but the classic old patterns deserve to be properly described here, otherwise newer members will be misled. The Wharncliffe Knife should be one of the most recognisable of traditional knife patterns :thumbup:

qMG6Riy.jpg

LOvely knife, even better than a rubber chicken! :D :thumbup:

I'm totin' this A. Wright Rosewood Tackler knife today...

Wow, you really picked up some nice Sheffield knives Chin :) :thumbup:

Carrying my Arthur Wright Lambsfoot with ebony covers today :) Have a great Friday, and an even better weekend everyone, and please excuse my bitter rantings! ;) :thumbup:

Back