What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

I am picturing gridlock, accidents, school closings, and declarations of martial law.

You’re not far off! Snow started really coming down heavy in Atlanta this morning about 11:00 AM, so everybody left work, school, etc. at the same time. Total chaos on the roads.

This week I carried my Northfield #13 Clerk with stag covers. An elegant knife that nonetheless fills the hand.
Paired it with my little Camillus faux ivory jack. My Mom bought this one for my Dad in the mid-80s when they were on vacation in Boston. Dad in turn handed it down to me a year or so ago. (I could tell he didn’t carry it much, as the blade tips were intact...he was always bad about using his knives as screwdrivers)

4F3903A5-10C5-4147-A17F-8702DB236766.jpeg

4385F715-8061-404C-AD36-5779E8B87377.jpeg

This week I carried my Northfield #13 Clerk with stag covers. An elegant knife that nonetheless fills the hand.
Paired it with my little Camillus faux ivory jack. My Mom bought this one for my Dad in the mid-80s when they were on vacation in Boston. Dad in turn handed it down to me a year or so ago. (I could tell he didn’t carry it much, as the blade tips were intact...he was always bad about using his knives as screwdrivers)

View attachment 811004

View attachment 811005
Beautiful Camillus. But from Dad, extra special.

Beautiful Camillus. But from Dad, extra special.

Thanks...it is a pretty little knife. The family knives are the best! Especially the ones we remember as kids. Dad had a little Imperial striped jack that he carried and I remember it every night going from his pocket into a ceramic dog that served as a change holder on his dresser. He gave me that knife as well, with the blade tips predictably broken off.
I thought about reprofiling them, but I think I’d rather it stay just the way he carried it.

900E6ADE-9AB1-41E4-B174-24BE625F2CA5.jpeg

Thanks...it is a pretty little knife. The family knives are the best! Especially the ones we remember as kids. Dad had a little Imperial striped jack that he carried and I remember it every night going from his pocket into a ceramic dog that served as a change holder on his dresser. He gave me that knife as well, with the blade tips predictably broken off.
I thought about reprofiling them, but I think I’d rather it stay just the way he carried it.

View attachment 811020

Those aren’t broken. It’s a safety mod to keep you from poking yourself on those pointy ends.

View attachment 811004

View attachment 811005
Great Clerk, but your Dad's knife is fantastic:cool::thumbsup:

With Christmas coming up, not many folks can afford the admission price into York Minster! :eek: Hope I've got that right! :D Cool pic Donn :thumbsup:
http://s1316.photobucket.com/user/j...5-45ee-9592-dabd57f0ee63_zpshhevyfrp.jpg.html
http://s1316.photobucket.com/user/j...5-45ee-9592-dabd57f0ee63_zpshhevyfrp.jpg.html

My apologies for my late reply Jack, I've been on nights.
You have a good eye my friend, yes that's York Minster. The admission price is ridiculous :rolleyes: It was £10 last year, the tours and access to the tower are extra! :eek:, though the ticket is valid for 12 months. York residents can get in for free. Entry is also free if your going to attend a service, which I was doing, but then if your attending Evensong theres no time for a wander about inside.

fwkHQAZ.jpg

View attachment 811004

View attachment 811005

Super nice Stag on your Clerk, but that Camillus is priceless! :cool::thumbsup:

I’m going to town with this Stag and Horn combo in my pocket! :D When I get back and USPS makes its delivery this pair will be replaced with a new pair of Sheffield Stag and Horn! ;):D
24002649718_923061bcfe_b_d.jpg

Back