What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Nice knife, pedevoy... But not traditional IMO due to its onehand opening and screwed construction.

Merry Christmas y'all
INZzfLU.jpg
Nice blade selection on that thar congress.:thumbsup::)

@scrteened porch Thanks, Jer. :) I agree with your assessment of the Western stockman, and your 50 years ago self was not only mature, but also wise with that stockman advice! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

@joeradza With that pair, Alan, I think you can party straight through to New Year's Day!! ;)
:thumbsup::cool:

@untytled you may have noticed recurring threads for Stag Saturday and Wooden Wednesday. Maybe you can start a thread for Barlow Thursday, or convince everyone to carry a Barlow all month for any month with a "B" in its name! ;):D

Jack, I think you're carrying your empathizing with me too far when you start cutting yourself to share my pain!! :eek::eek::D
Your buffalambicorn duo is looking good, but I think you're wise to separate them! :thumbsup::cool:;)

SteveC SteveC , you sure have a lot of nice 2-blade Barlows, and a knack for taking some lovely wintery photos! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

@Duckdog The Queen Barlow is fantastic, Stuart!! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Congrats on the 78, @paulhilborn , and I hope you and yours have a Happy Christmas and a Blessed New Year! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

F Falling_rain that's gorgeous stag on your knife! :thumbsup::cool::cool::thumbsup: What model knife is that??

That's a stellar stag Forum knife flatblackcapo flatblackcapo ! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool: Did you do the tooling/embossing on the leather? It's cool! :cool::cool:

@Pàdruig I'm glad you enjoyed my laguiole info, and I hope I didn't have too many factual errors. :rolleyes:
Congrats on the new 78, Dylan! :thumbsup::cool: That glowing lambsfoot is a striking example of horn!! :eek::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Cheerful knife, Mike!! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup: What model is that?

Congrats on the new #78, @lambertiana !! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

A photo that dreams are made of, @r8shell !! :thumbsup:;):cool::thumbsup:
MY dream would be to get a knife with the shape and blade combo of the Esquire and the size of the Churchill!! :thumbsup::cool::cool::D

That's a superb stockman, Ratbert; handsome shield and stag, sunk joints, low-ride sheepsfoot, slender clip!! :thumbsup::cool::cool::thumbsup:

I agree 100%, Ron!! ;):thumbsup::thumbsup: Thanks a million!

I'm impressed that knife was your Knife of 2017, Frank!! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Gev expresses it better than I could, Tom; happy birthday!! :D:thumbsup::thumbsup::D
@MBeckett and @Whetstone39, as a Detroit Tigers fan, I appreciate the color combos the two of you have selected! :D:thumbsup:

My "unscheduled" knife this week is this S&M ebony spearpoint (thanks, @mrknife):
299wKN1.jpg

- GT
It's Schatt & Morgan Railsplitter , Keystone series, Sir!

Merry Christmas to all my porch friends here. May God bless y’all.

These two helped me open up kids toys and make a big ole breakfast. We had the 2 older boys came and slept over last night (so All 5 kids where there last night and this morning). So it was a pile of food! The 81 will get washed tonight (I did have to come to work for the night), oiled and put up for the year (except the occasionally carry) until next Christmas.

EAF826CB-E95A-4B33-BF5B-149A5F64AA21.jpeg

I swapped out my long term Alox Soldier for a Rancher these last few days. I forgot that I even had one in my knife stash but it has the characteristics of the Soldier. The pruner blade has been fantastic for opening boxes and Christmas packages.
HO9Neas.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks GT :) We began watching the third season of Fargo last night, an early Christmas gift I received :D Those are a pair of Bobby Dazzlers my friend :) :thumbsup:

Happy Christmas everyone, hope y'all have a great day :) I'm carrying these with me today :thumbsup:

Jack, it looks like you were prepared for anything Christmas could throw at you! :D

How are you enjoying Fargo? I've been pleasantly surprised by the series in general.

Wishing everyone a Happy Christmas!! :):thumbsup::thumbsup:

---

Thanks, Jack, and you're right about Jack L's generosity! :eek::cool::thumbsup:
What a holiday quartet you've assembled! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup: I hope you enjoyed your DVD in color, even though your knives are black&white. ;) This afternoon, my daughter and I (and my wife, when she was awake :p) watched both A Christmas Story (one of my favorites) and While You Were Sleeping (one of my daughter's favorites that I claim is only tangentially seasonal).

We're watching A Christmas Story as I type this (admittedly a little late this year). It's one of my favorites, as well, though I didn't quite feel the same about the 3-hour live musical version that aired a few weeks back. :confused: :D

As we're away from home (that is to say, where we live) and visiting family "back home" for Christmas this year, I only have a couple knives with me. I decided to bring knives that I hadn't carried before, so I've been carrying and using these two. (Sorry for the recycled photos; despite take plenty of pictures today, I never took any of my knives.)

zkuF7rS.jpg

bYCvLpy.jpg

Hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas!

Jack, it looks like you were prepared for anything Christmas could throw at you! :D

How are you enjoying Fargo? I've been pleasantly surprised by the series in general.

We're watching A Christmas Story as I type this (admittedly a little late this year). It's one of my favorites, as well, though I didn't quite feel the same about the 3-hour live musical version that aired a few weeks back. :confused: :D

As we're away from home (that is to say, where we live) and visiting family "back home" for Christmas this year, I only have a couple knives with me. I decided to bring knives that I hadn't carried before, so I've been carrying and using these two. (Sorry for the recycled photos; despite take plenty of pictures today, I never took any of my knives.)

zkuF7rS.jpg

bYCvLpy.jpg

Hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas!

Thanks my friend, I hadn't factored in my mate Kiwi Ned's appalling sense of direction, complete disregard for maps, and stubborn insistence that he knows where he is going even if we are driving in the opposite direction, when we set out for what was supposed to be a short pre-lunch drive and hike yesterday, but we got to eat eventually! :rolleyes: It certainly meant that I ate and drank a good deal less than I'd planned to yesterday ;) I've enjoyed Fargo a lot :)

I hope you and yours had a good one Barrett, nice choices for your trip :) I've got these two with me today :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Back