1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Week 29 of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Ron Flaherty Folder

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Ron Flaherty folder , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, July 20 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by jackknife, Apr 8, 2008.

1. Signalprick

Signalprick Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 3, 2009
  2. JTB_5

JTB_5 Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 6, 2017
    Every time I see you post a picture of this knife I think, "Man, that's one fine looking knife!" The finish is so clean and that ebony(?) is so dark and smooth.

3. Duckdog

Duckdog Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 26, 2012
    I like Sabres and own a few that I use regularly. They are not as handsome as the one that you show.
    - Stuart

Amir Fleschwund likes this.
  4. strokednbored

strokednbored

Aug 8, 2015
    Pruner handle lambsfoot today.

[​IMG]

5. Duckdog

Jul 26, 2012
    These three today: a small bird & trout knife by the late Daniel Cannady, a recent Case sway back gent, and a Robeson barehead jack in strawberry bone from 1940-1964. I think that a prior owner tried to modify it into a whittler by filing the broken/worn pen into a coping blade. They did a fair job, as the tip is smooth and polished. Don't ask how I know that it is wicked sharp.

[​IMG]

- Stuart

Last edited: Jan 10, 2018
  6. oldmanrunning

oldmanrunning Basic Member Basic Member

Apr 22, 2013
    :)
    Sorry about that but I do enjoy a chance for a John Wayne reference.:)

Peregrin likes this.
  7. Signalprick

Signalprick Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 3, 2009
    Thank you! It has honestly surprised me how much I like it. Not.only the aesthetics but as a user too. It's a hell of a knife for sure. :)

Cutfinger and JTB_5 like this.
  8. Peregrin

Peregrin Traditional Forum Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Sep 2, 2004
    "I never trust a man that doesn’t drink." - John Wayne 1907-1979 :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Same ol stuff with me today!
    [​IMG]

9. Chui

Chui Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 10, 2012
    .....hmm, that J Lloyd is so, so sweet :thumbsup::thumbsup:

3.5" blade, Gary ....? @Peregrin

Peregrin likes this.
  10. Duckdog

Jul 26, 2012
    "Come on back, Jesus, and pick up John Wayne on the way." - Willie Nelson

OK, knives - This Robeson barehead jack is an odd duck to me. It is stamped ROBESON over SHUREDGE over U.S.A., but I couldn't find that stamp in Goins. I've seen it on sale sites referenced as 1940-1964. The other stamp is a pattern number: 222026. All the Robeson's I've seen with that pattern number have a clip and a pen. It appears that the pen on this one was broken/worn and has been modified to a coping blade (the tip is smooth and polished). The bone is strawberry (and I've seen that reference before), though many of the old Robeson reds I have seen look like Case's old redbone. Anyway, I like this old cuss. The coping blade is wicked sharp (don't ask how I know, I'm still trying to cope).

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

- Stuart

11. Humppa

Humppa

Jul 25, 2010
    GEC #12 Powderhorn Jack - I´m loving this knife & pattern

[​IMG]

12. Burnt Stag

Burnt Stag Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 3, 2016
    To honor the Queen Cutlery I took my Northwoods out of my pocket and slipped this on in the pocket for the rest of the day.
    Sad news.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

13. Peregrin

Peregrin Traditional Forum Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Sep 2, 2004
    Thanks, Paul. It's 4" with a 3" CPM-154 blade. I honestly don't own a knife I like better.

Pomsbz, Chui and sitflyer like this.
  14. Duckdog

Jul 26, 2012
    From the Home page of Queen Cutlery's web site:
    "Kenneth Daniels CEO and President of Queen Cutlery has announced effective January 10, 2018, that due to issues with cash flow, Queen Cutlery Company has been forced to cease all production and close it's Titusville Pennsylvania facility, and furlough it's employees while it goes through a period of reorganization"

- Stuart

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 10, 2018
  15. ArchiveMoto

ArchiveMoto Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 6, 2017
    Loving my new Northfield SMKW SFO American Jack
    [​IMG]

16. peanutsxx

peanutsxx Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 5, 2017
    I usually don't think of the Leatherman as a knife, but if I have a belt on it is there.

[​IMG]

17. JTB_5

JTB_5 Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 6, 2017
    [​IMG]
    My Churchill's riding along with me today.

Alwaysdreaming, Dirk D and Duckdog like this.
  18. HWF

HWF

Apr 1, 2012
    Got my HJ6 and BF knife with me today. Absolutely love the 66 pattern and the harness jack!

DAF17488-8DAC-477A-86AA-DBF9E834409A.jpeg

19. choombak

choombak Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 6, 2009
    GEC #25

[​IMG]

20. Jak3

Jak3

Sep 6, 2016