What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

TssxudO.jpg

Homage to Queen Cutlery: remembering some of their finest contract knives

Hvwfkar.jpg
Very nice, Will. Their 115 year legacy is amazing to me, A neighbor of mine is from Titusville and goes home regularly. He remembers going by the Queen factory as a kid and scrounging through the scrap heap for blades. On a recent trip, he went by around noon and saw workers out in the yard for lunch in their dust covered overalls. They returned his wave and thumbs up. I need to ask him for any info that he has about this mess.
- Stuart

Please excuse the 482, it's my only clipped oho user and I just don't carry it much anymore.
I carried it every single day for 2 years, but with you fine folks getting me more interested in traditional it has only seen about 2 weeks of total use in the past year and a half.
Bucks and Vics are fine things to have, but I understand your point. Who doesn't love a 119.
- Stuart

So can you folks see the image below?

46m89lfP32QA5LL4ms-YWJ47mf_VmY3wV-Kg8KZOOtPM5uPgvCLeswlFHKHfH4UMO2djwo1Pu24CMqnfxGVOOCxfzLJjFzak6VNnckkC04_wrqFq5WzB7uda4AY-Y1Hnj_XGQwUJQCSWydsvD3AJeXuM1on_24d7TrWvGj37zUi-ufO2UFvkCI7D7C7OYYmgY-BtadUeNdPy0whJCNMU3s0ewcXK5SS7xoZ-haYZW3EMRcrO94dEpbYsMA0WCOuyJzn3tskwHKNSQrzj7iWOA9HdDuxXKt2OujQ1zAzu809adaznpyRl0SeSKRjh77VVkRIL5qSYVYRQuxdQDnhwe_TledULqAy0Zm4vPI5NaBxuCtRaoZ3brlvdY8n_f9LGa0QsI4fVdgckJ_z2JxLm0HGl4Hh07hQF6PJd48wYW1lnRtBw9ygr4TkK3SiaQecqRVYyz7KPMO6tJPwNwjHME67skWxxjD7X2JuXcoYFD1VDirGFulmBqvNObPIvmxg0_GztxINVPockTt_wMmbAb_B5wtC5kVrfvVeFkwmBn02PrdEXMnc_D92j4ZE6Lo2_IjazKYaw0uAsSxpzJsjCNwpzlPgpWPgLNq_yAy0=w918-h703-no
Great! I think I fixed my image posting issue then.

Here's what I carried today

X3abxRYw1J2s3U3HQWgiGTvQ4x5WVywIJ66b3yDw7T2loGsVujyghq0xmMLyXPjcHQaW4Hd_y_5Thnyj4E919LXg3_SqCy_vc_yH7eGKK7LPWkPnGA1jolZ2bTQmyb4KiHXPFJa4FnhdrOluQQ1xwTZIK4ReVD7Rp9O4VT407fmHLaUIZzRnDMulh7vn1h8S5g_0Eufh3Ee0FcScAsAnNuS7Kxw0VdvAeKiagtk7e7RteMH571wOWiK2rGfeuH5quMc_7mIGBE8fbqPvqeNKX8I5C_6xLeW12t-To_4ZD0n6quGO8DKhoy8fDFrKJEU-n6lbwWTT22zfceTFmKGxOJl1BXaqW4fbUJFBmDLneeMoubGzxsZbVKekTPb5CnzSDUm_d2huWJ1pJ6AHtnFBD7qZ5qdOkPl1SqljXnCo_uDCtM0xNWrWg1r4EzvOxGGpjpmBrnyy0W1RAhzGvUM-y6lv7R3zJ40ELpPNJRaLsLSM169qIxXfK41nWoIZkG-CVdDdQm9IhaAqHy59fNE5oItQ5U4RVOVKNHqzEJRBbEA6L28w-OoGtVyT7rXvcMcGF-ZT4WWGPx-r_KZ_9Y-nLsCz8Bjfkg4fhb2TQ7E=w528-h703-no
mgHEARgFwxEKmEk3_F59qhsVS2FZikaGq5MuYUQmo_SJaHWmn3Y97zzNJjJEmKtAFkclPKD9HGKUEdVGSpS-AjFCXKvNn-67xKuGXfWFGIeQU0-QqRz_LPl0TEZuCP9nP8wKgwp89VkWVFjn7QKMnJOsai7qcXuxj_K4hJe9ADMxFLOO4-Zg1Vu9GjvRP_dWC6Us_TbyMbhYPlbwoagniCPwd31ezO5I5nYDySkEhBZzYFcN6PBqrrXPyPa7QYgOM8-uc7Qb-zRtKu-BgIEZtAH6_0qYHHqopN6xTHOgAIfLuVFgQQAnFHQSMSXyYFxiZLN9y3lPvzO5RdS4ItfH29OQGbjCWcjIqmw3PEmCYuzgaLm5tGGpKsWbiLTrm73qAihVL0clXFw7oj5c6HSAyTe8_bpxSQmYN2r4AHDJvb0EO8Op-xIwK-Z2m1-jQZd8S_q5mIvUHhVKha6WIX4BpDyF23gdpSFu0NeMhqz41EfHIRWMDOsYLxNJp9PTB2ZQYInWYzG6TJ51nNjKjr9WPKMLenZPZVZ5qAsOiRcYBX38NQd2qVB5IdHcifJYkXiDqVUKn7K-qWl9zz_DgZze-a9khSIDTRQeYlIaO5g=w528-h703-no

My Churchill's riding along with me today.
I still couldn't see your photos after your original "fix", but I can see this Churchill pic! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool: ETA: Oops, 1.5 days later the Churchill pic has gone rogue, too?!!?:confused::confused:

Today with a Sabre - Japan!!!
20k90yr.jpg
Solid Sabre scout, Senhor Pinto! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

I’ve got these two along today! :)
39414078381_15d743b3b6_b_d.jpg

35674892586_772c60b212_b_d.jpg
Primo pair, Ron; something old, something new! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

LOL! Very good GT! :D Thank you my friend, those are great pics of your birthday knives, and the Richartz knife is very cool :cool: :) :thumbsup:
Thanks for the compliments, Jack. :)

Nice to see some winter shots !
Thanks, Steve. :) Those were taken before the onset of the really bitter cold!

I'm getting back on track! View attachment 826661
That is so cool! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:
Thanks, r8shell. :) I have no idea how covers with such tiny details are made. :confused::eek:
Notable pair you had for Wooden Wednesday. :cool::cool::thumbsup: Is that Böker whittler the one that you made a shield for, AND the one that once sprouted a tree in April?? :confused::rolleyes:

With it's mammoth twin, need for doubles complete.

zschernybluemammothandmicarta1.jpg
Chief, I was speechless when you posted one of these earlier (Tuesday?), and I'm absolutely catatonic at the sight of the pair!!! :eek::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

I have these two with me.

jZboa85.jpg
Well-groomed wood for Wednesday, Dylan! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Pruner handle lambsfoot today.

hWSrH4M.jpg
Your Lambsfoot is a looker, @strokednbored ! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

These three today: a small bird & trout knife by the late Daniel Cannady, a recent Case sway back gent, and a Robeson barehead jack in strawberry bone from 1940-1964. I think that a prior owner tried to modify it into a whittler by filing the broken/worn pen into a coping blade. They did a fair job, as the tip is smooth and polished. Don't ask how I know that it is wicked sharp.

jUSSW1J.jpg

- Stuart
Intriguing trio, Stuart! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool::cool: I deliberately stay ignorant about fixed blades, but the nearly perfect symmetry of your Cannady is fascinating! :thumbsup::cool:

GEC #12 Powderhorn Jack - I´m loving this knife & pattern
Very desirable knife, Andi! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool: Big 2-blade toothpicks really appeal to me.

Loving my new Northfield SMKW SFO American Jack
VeC5HuH.jpg
Congrats on a gorgeous knife, @ArchiveMoto ! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

I usually don't think of the Leatherman as a knife, but if I have a belt on it is there.

P1120138b.jpg
Admirable pair of classics, @peanutsxx ! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

Hvwfkar.jpg
Saluatary sentiments, Will. :thumbsup::cool::cool:

I apologize for my absenteeism. Good evening/afternoon/morning (pick yours), to all.

I’m really liking these Warthogs.

View attachment 826898
Welcome back, HST! :) Your Warthog has me looking at those models, but I can't make up my mind about which one to get; I'm even seriously considering the one with the "pin-up girl"! :rolleyes:

That looks like a splendid old soldier, FBC! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

Fourteen and a half lustrum.;)
Thanks for expanding my vocabulary, oldmanrunning oldmanrunning ! ;):thumbsup::thumbsup:

Good day Harry, if my arthritis would let me I would bend the knee to a senior citizen.
:D:thumbsup::D

This week I'm carrying some rather recent arrivals.
Vic Farmer and Case slimline trapper (thanks, @Whetstone39 ):
oIdYK4n.jpg

Buck jigged bone canoe (thanks, Clay):
nI3FSC9.jpg

Camillus 21 (thanks, @LastRodeo ):
iAZIStk.jpg

- GT

Last edited:

Hvwfkar.jpg

Very nice indeed Will :thumbsup:

I apologize for my absenteeism. Good evening/afternoon/morning (pick yours), to all.

I’m really liking these Warthogs.

View attachment 826898

Welcome back :) :thumbsup:

That just oozes character :)

Thanks for the compliments, Jack. :)

Thanks, Steve. :) Those were taken before the onset of the really bitter cold!

Thanks, r8shell. :) I have no idea how covers with such tiny details are made. :confused::eek:
Notable pair you had for Wooden Wednesday. :cool::cool::thumbsup: Is that Böker whittler the one that you made a shield for, AND the one that once sprouted a tree in April?? :confused::rolleyes:

Chief, I was speechless when you posted one of these earlier (Tuesday?), and I'm absolutely catatonic at the sight of the pair!!! :eek::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Well-groomed wood for Wednesday, Dylan! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Your Lambsfoot is a looker, @strokednbored ! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

Intriguing trio, Stuart! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool::cool: I deliberately stay ignorant about fixed blades, but the nearly perfect symmetry of your Cannady is fascinating! :thumbsup::cool:

Very desirable knife, Andi! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool: Big 2-blade toothpicks really appeal to me.

Congrats on a gorgeous knife, @ArchiveMoto ! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

Admirable pair of classics, @peanutsxx ! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

Saluatary sentiments, Will. :thumbsup::cool::cool:

Welcome back, HST! :) Your Warthog has me looking at those models, but I can't make up my mind about which one to get; I'm even seriously considering the one with the "pin-up girl"! :rolleyes:

That looks like a splendid old soldier, FBC! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

Thanks for expanding my vocabulary, oldmanrunning oldmanrunning ! ;):thumbsup::thumbsup:

:D:thumbsup::D

This week I'm carrying some rather recent arrivals.
Vic Farmer and Case slimline trapper (thanks, @Whetstone39 ):
oIdYK4n.jpg

Buck jigged bone canoe (thanks, Clay):
nI3FSC9.jpg

Camillus 21 (thanks, @LastRodeo ):
iAZIStk.jpg

- GT

Well earned my friend, those new arrivals are pretty dandy too :) :thumbsup:

These two for me today :thumbsup:

Back