What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Titusville and Sheffield in the pocket today. :)

40286011635_fda6703c01_b_d.jpg

I took a look at the knife. It seems that the spring end hits the tang too early. If I could make some room there, maybe try to deepen the notch in the tang where the spring end lands I could remedy the problem. Just maybe.

I agree with SVTFreak. It is too good looking to not have it working properly. Case's warranty should cover the correction, but I understand that the cost of shipping it from your location may exceed the cost of the knife.

Working the Outer Banks this morning, plan to wet a line at Nags Head this afternoon. Buck 422+ (1991). OH

Nice Buck and just right for coastal use (though I hope you get a fish too big for that knife). I prefer H1 steel around saltwater, but the Buck'll do. I was raised south of Nags Head on Atlantic Beach, NC (in the Morehead City/Beaufort, NC area). Fished and surfed the Cape and Nags Head a good bit from 1965 until 1973. Tight lines, OH.

- Stuart

I'm totin two elder jacks today, so I'll not wear them out (nor me). An Overland Germany (located in Los Angeles, CA from 1951-1953!!) equal end jack with half sunk joints and a Schrade boys knife (from 1904-1946) that is missing its bail.

YWkxjxa.jpg

H2cEBse.jpg

3OUWBC6.jpg

tCzwui5.jpg

- Stuart
Holy Schrade, Duckdog!

It's a Micarta kinda day and I have doctor runnini' to do today so lightweight and big but not offensive, it's the JD Ellis Lanny's Clip. Made from 4 different kinds of micarta and g10 it's a marvel of perfection.

I'll repost these after I resize them, they're too darn big, sorry.

How're these?

Still too big, I'll have to fix it later, gotta go....

Last edited:
I took a look at the knife. It seems that the spring end hits the tang too early. If I could make some room there, maybe try to deepen the notch in the tang where the spring end lands I could remedy the problem. Just maybe.
If you're thinking of trashing it anyway, it could be a good candidate for practicing on. I'm not sure if I'd deepen that notch, or file back the spring a little. Which do you have easier access to?

77 with oranges .jpg
Trying to get my vitamin C. :D

The Case is a gem, Stuart !!

Thanks, Gev. In addition to whatever I post as totin' that day, the 6207 is in one of my pockets. As you can see, it is from the 1940-1964 period. I have another from 1965-1969, but this is my steady one. It's the first knife that I picked out as an EDC from the knives that my stepfather left to me. I think that he would approve; I know that my grandfather would.
- Stuart

Thanks, Gev. In addition to whatever I post as totin' that day, the 6207 is in one of my pockets. As you can see, it is from the 1940-1964 period. I have another from 1965-1969, but this is my steady one. It's the first knife that I picked out as an EDC from the knives that my stepfather left to me. I think that he would approve; I know that my grandfather would.
- Stuart
No doubt Stuart ! That 6207 has that je ne sais quoi in colors ;):) The men of the family have great taste indeed

Back