What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Packing a Parker and my ever present Case, just in case, today.

CWpGUTL.jpg

ZHhig8C.jpg

G7YMNE3.jpg

- Stuart
I must have Lanny's Clip on the brain because that Parker sure looks the part, minus the bolster and pen blade of course

Did my cat Pipp just cross the Atlantic to join you Gev?:D After her snake killing exploits at the week-end maybe she got a taste for your Rattlers:eek:

Fantastic old CASE my friend, the old school in all the right ways :cool:

Thanks, Will
Welcome any time :) The Boots loves her hunting blind ! It's a daily ritual and she ain't messing around. Nothing stands a chance...unfortunately. I save what I can and she gives um up now....so smart :D Purified water and chicken...no fluoridated water.

The jack is a favorite and just helped in the garden. I'm trying some intensive Hügelkultur.

Stuart
Thank you fine sir ! I do love it :)

Still playing catch-up here :rolleyes:
That's a hot-rod higonokami. FBC! :cool::cool:

Just heading out for a hike this morning, with these three in my pockets :) Have a great weekend folks :thumbsup:

View attachment 904474

View attachment 904475

View attachment 904479
A more than capable hiking trio, Jack! :thumbsup::thumbsup: And three of my favorite handle materials besides: stag, ebony, and checkered whatever! :rolleyes:

Back to a couple old standbys this weekend.
View attachment 904534
Desirable duo! :thumbsup::cool:

Carrying my American Jack today a gift from my pal @mrknife. She was a bit dull this morning so I hit her with a soft Arkansas stone and then stropped her good on a piece of an old leather belt I use then oiled her up. Typical GEC 1095 just a few minutes and she's razor sharp again.

3PjpvYH.jpg
Kudos to @mrknife , and congrats, Randy!! :thumbsup::thumbsup::) Considering the source, I'm guessing that American Jack is spear-only? ;) Does your stropping belt work OK with all those holes? I have an old belt I found decades ago with 3 or 4 rows of holes on the entire belt that I thought would prevent it from being an effective strop. I should try it!

Still carrying the German Rigid sowbelly
I4DBEij.jpg

That's my "problem" with sowbellies, Jeff. Once I start carrying one, it's hard to quit! :rolleyes: I'm sure that would be especially true for that one of yours.

Thanks! :cool::thumbsup: Do you have a preference?

Here's what I' totin' today: a Schrade trapper

y1AiDX0.jpg

- Stuart
Like that toasty stag, Stuart! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

So nice I posted them twice!
In my pocket today and also posted in the Stag Saturday thread.
dCDQc96.jpg
Gary, are those knives real, or just a fantastic figment of my fevered imagination??! :thumbsup::thumbsup::D

Hope y’all have had a great Saturday so far! :D
26045368765_bc41338265_b_d.jpg
Such a superb knives, @Pt-Luso and Half/Stop Half/Stop !! :cool::thumbsup::cool: Stag 83s and 73s are both outstanding.

@Hickory n steel , have you always had that inlay in the handle of your fixed blade? Cool! :thumbsup:
:cool::cool:

Last week of dedicated carry before I (maybe) go back to the ole' daily rotation. She was a beast today- well pressure tank replacement, zipping through shipping boxes, some planting chores, opened packaging, popped a top or two. Such a reassuring tool to carry.

View attachment 905085
I'm enjoying the dueling perpetual Ironwood 77 Barlows, @rswanson and @Buzzbait ! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

Hey, that's an unusual and intriguing knife!! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

That's a beauty Ron :thumbsup:

Carrying my Guardians Lambsfoot and this Queen Canoe today :) Have a great Sunday folks :) :thumbsup:

View attachment 905201

View attachment 905204
I'm compelled to commend you for the canoe carry, Jack! ;):thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Thanks for your generous comments my friend :) I'm not sure what happened with that last one! :eek: :D I always enjoy seeing your Eternals :) Hope you're having a lovely weekend :thumbsup:
Thanks, Jack. :)

5K Qs 5K Qs thanks! The lambsfoot is outstanding! Andrew ground the blade a bit thinner so it slices very well and the angle of the blade with that pointy tip gives very precise cuts. It really is well designed.
:thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

If there ever was one knife that doesn't get old looking at, it's this John Lloyd.
View attachment 905238
Alan, I'm trying to recall if you have even one knife that DOES get old when I see it! ;):thumbsup:

It's 'cuz thar scary! :eek::p:D
I never paid much attention to the spey until I picked up the Winchester 3907 whittler. Queen executed the spey on the Black Box knives with such skill and style it made me pay closer attention.
30479216470_98271b15b1_h.jpg
Great pic! :cool::thumbsup: I like a spey blade; mostly a straight-edge blade, with a baby bump belly way up front in case you need it. ;)

Morning folks, another week looms, going to be a busy one for me. I haven't carried this A.Wright Lambsfoot in golden oxhorn for a while...

View attachment 905677

Pairing it with my #66 :thumbsup:

View attachment 905678

Have a good week folks :thumbsup:
Your 66 must be in knirvana, being paired with the transcendental, legendary oxhorn!! :eek::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Carried this Schrade Uncle Henry 897UH boating and fishing Saturday, and again on Mother's Day, guess I'll stick with it for a few more days. Didn't realize it until now, but when I compare to my usual Case 18 pattern, the similar 897UH has a pretty substantial Spey blade. OH
Schrade_Uncle_Henry_897UH.JPG
Beautiful UH, OH! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

I’m carrying this Chestnut Jigged SBJ this morning. :)

21334294089_1383de68d6_b_d.jpg
Tough to do much better than that, Ron!! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Mammoth Monday
IMG_0333
Ken, that mammoth Presidential is an eye-opener!! o_O:thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

I've been using the ram horn #73 this morning on some yard work.

YJANU3V.jpg

Striking knife, Jeff! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Queen #10 today

ZYV2XXuh.jpg

Ravishing royalty, Steve! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

I'm totin two elder jacks today, so I'll not wear them out (nor me). An Overland Germany (located in Los Angeles, CA from 1951-1953!!) equal end jack with half sunk joints and a Schrade boys knife (from 1904-1946) that is missing its bail.

YWkxjxa.jpg

- Stuart
Breathtaking bone bonanza, Stuart! :cool::cool:

Not high dollar but long on performance. Still one of my favoritesView attachment 905928
Agree 100% with your opinion, @oldtymer !! :thumbsup::thumbsup: I have a yellow delrin pen knife that I think is tops!

This got in through my letter-box today so I thought I'd give it a chance:D

jRhD0Yl.jpg
I can't decide what I'm looking at, Will! o_O Are my eyes deceiving me, or is it YOU?? ;)

Thanks a lot guys :)

I'm heading over to Sheffield tomorrow, with last year's Guardians Lambsfoot and my lucky Barlow :thumbsup:

View attachment 906030

View attachment 906031
And I see you had a very successful trip, Jack! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup: Your pic of your lucky Barlow made me laugh, because of both the "matching profiles" and the content of the background advert! :D I'll bet just carrying that TC makes you walk taller! ;):thumbsup::p

- GT

Last edited:
Gotta give it to Case for making a great stockman.

Yep, that's 'bout right. Yours is an excellent user/carry selection and it looks great. I have a couple of them that I love, as they fit the pocket so well. This one (087 from 1940-1964) is a bit larger and doesn't get the sunshine it should, but I still like its feel in hand. Thanks for sharing your fine one.

xKhdmxg.jpg

- Stuart

Back