What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

5K Qs 5K Qs
[Alan, I'm trying to recall if you have even one knife that DOES get old when I see it! ;):thumbsup:]

Gary, I feel that way about all knives, just some more than others.

Still playing catch-up here :rolleyes:

That's a hot-rod higonokami. FBC! :cool::cool:

A more than capable hiking trio, Jack! :thumbsup::thumbsup: And three of my favorite handle materials besides: stag, ebony, and checkered whatever! :rolleyes:

Desirable duo! :thumbsup::cool:

Kudos to @mrknife , and congrats, Randy!! :thumbsup::thumbsup::) Considering the source, I'm guessing that American Jack is spear-only? ;) Does your stropping belt work OK with all those holes? I have an old belt I found decades ago with 3 or 4 rows of holes on the entire belt that I thought would prevent it from being an effective strop. I should try it!

That's my "problem" with sowbellies, Jeff. Once I start carrying one, it's hard to quit! :rolleyes: I'm sure that would be especially true for that one of yours.

Thanks! :cool::thumbsup: Do you have a preference?

Like that toasty stag, Stuart! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

Gary, are those knives real, or just a fantastic figment of my fevered imagination??! :thumbsup::thumbsup::D

Such a superb knives, @Pt-Luso and @Half/Stop !! :cool::thumbsup::cool: Stag 83s and 73s are both outstanding.

Hickory n steel Hickory n steel , have you always had that inlay in the handle of your fixed blade? Cool! :thumbsup:
:cool::cool:

I'm enjoying the dueling perpetual Ironwood 77 Barlows, @rswanson and @Buzzbait ! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

Hey, that's an unusual and intriguing knife!! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

I'm compelled to commend you for the canoe carry, Jack! ;):thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Thanks, Jack. :)

:thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Alan, I'm trying to recall if you have even one knife that DOES get old when I see it! ;):thumbsup:

Great pic! :cool::thumbsup: I like a spey blade; mostly a straight-edge blade, with a baby bump belly way up front in case you need it. ;)

Your 66 must be in knirvana, being paired with the transcendental, legendary oxhorn!! :eek::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Beautiful UH, OH! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Tough to do much better than that, Ron!! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Ken, that mammoth Presidential is an eye-opener!! o_O:thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Striking knife, Jeff! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Ravishing royalty, Steve! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

Breathtaking bone bonanza, Stuart! :cool::cool:

Agree 100% with your opinion, @oldtymer !! :thumbsup::thumbsup: I have a yellow delrin pen knife that I think is tops!

I can't decide what I'm looking at, Will! o_O Are my eyes deceiving me, or is it YOU?? ;)

And I see you had a very successful trip, Jack! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup: Your pic of your lucky Barlow made me laugh, because of both the "matching profiles" and the content of the background advert! :D I'll bet just carrying that TC makes you walk taller! ;):thumbsup::p

- GT
No I have not, but you've noticed it before and it's probably been in there a year now.
I didn't do a good job not that it needs to be perfect, but you can't tell in my pictures anyways.

Thanks for the comment.

Btw fine blades on your end, I'm always interested to see what you're carrying.

42085651802_f1005a5fe8_b.jpg

42085653832_fc38d1c1e3_b.jpg

Did my cat Pipp just cross the Atlantic to join you Gev?:D After her snake killing exploits at the week-end maybe she got a taste for your Rattlers:eek:

Fantastic old CASE my friend, the old school in all the right ways :cool:

Thanks, Will
Playful little grey stripey cats are the bestest! :D
77 in rosemary 2.jpg

Tuesday night and I haven't posted ANY of my carries for this week yet. Here goes nothin'.
Alox Knife of the Week is a black Vic Pioneer:
upW10WO.jpg

non-Alox SAK of the Week is a Tinker (my first ever Victorinox, IIRC):
jLA1Ryy.jpg

My bailed non-SAK of the Week is an Imperial scout knife wishing it were a SAK (thanks, Paul):
0Lzgu26.jpg

- GT

Yep, that's 'bout right. Yours is an excellent user/carry selection and it looks great. I have a couple of them that I love, as they fit the pocket so well. This one (087 from 1940-1964) is a bit larger and doesn't get the sunshine it should, but I still like its feel in hand. Thanks for sharing your fine one.

xKhdmxg.jpg

- Stuart

Lovely example you have there! I like the Clip/Sheepsfoot/Pen more than the Clip/Sheepsfoot/Spey. I wish I had some more older ones. I have three Case Stockmen. And I must admit ever since I got the TC in September I haven't carried anything else nearly as much, though the stockman is without doubt worth carrying as well! Thanks for showing.

5K Qs 5K Qs , I do prefer the GEC version of the medium stockman by a small margin. Aesthetically I like the more full clippoint blade of the Calf Roper compared to the more slender Case clip point. Also the blades feel tighter on the GEC. There is more blade play on the Case, nothing to complain about, but when you wiggle them back-to-back it is noticeable. The Case is a solid knife. No complaints. Well, except for the shield which looks pretty lame. Overall, I like the Case a lot. I’ll carry it when I travel. Since it cost significantly less, it won’t hurt as bad if it gets lost.

One more thing that I have noticed about the Case. Case sharpens their knives at a very sharp angle. I haven’t measured it, but it seems like about 10 degrees per side. This gives a newby a great feeling that they have received a super sharp knife, but this is probably not good for edge retention. Spyderco does the same thing with their knives.
65F5DEC8-989F-4C3B-B0E6-1E09797927E1.jpeg

Here it is after a recent RIT dye job with Coco brown dye.
DEED5B4B-6491-484A-9515-3E74C9E8B244.jpeg DC6FAA73-B761-4D33-8160-438F2BF97933.jpeg

Last edited:
That's a hot-rod higonokami. FBC! :cool::cool:
Hard to beat the steel quality for the money you pay for a Higo' .

Great pic! :cool::thumbsup: I like a spey blade; mostly a straight-edge blade, with a baby bump belly way up front in case you need it. ;)
Haha, yes, I think you nailed it. The spey is a great little carving blade.

My bailed non-SAK of the Week is an Imperial scout knife wishing it were a SAK (thanks, Paul):
0Lzgu26.jpg
That's a classic! :thumbsup:

The song of the Humpback was calling me today.
27268832867_c5cf19b760_h.jpg

Back