What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

I dug out the big jack for Wooden Wednesday.
dp0AZ4I.jpg

Troubleshooting the issues in the cobra today. Turns out it’s just a pressure sender. Hopefully the fine metal is just from new motor machine work. My very trustworthy buddy says it is. Drive it. Al Warren stockman helping. Great knife. So great, I asked him to make me one at 3 7/8”.

View attachment 907154
Now you’ve done it! After some internet searches a year or so ago I came across Al’s sight. Then you started posting that awesomeness and I found he had a 3-7/8” Stockman in sambar stag listed. I had been looking at periodically for months. Since Saturday I had been trying to talk myself out of it, then yesterday he dropped the price..... then you post that awesomeness again....

Inbound:

74CCA275-BB7C-43C0-8A09-7C3356B77B92.jpeg

In my pocket again today.
0D76AE16-08AE-4283-96FD-D918F733E578.jpeg

I fell a few pages back, and catching up has shown some incredible acrylics and woods and bone handled knives! Thanks, everyone!

I'm not a very big fan of the stockman pattern, if I'm honest. I make sure to slip this Case Medium Stockman or my Old Timer 108OT into my pocket from time-to-time just to see if my preferences change- they have not. I love this green-dyed Curly Maple, though.

20180516_193022_2.jpg

Now you’ve done it! After some internet searches a year or so ago I came across Al’s sight. Then you started posting that awesomeness and I found he had a 3-7/8” Stockman in sambar stag listed. I had been looking at periodically for months. Since Saturday I had been trying to talk myself out of it, then yesterday he dropped the price..... then you post that awesomeness again....

Inbound:

View attachment 907201

In my pocket again today.
View attachment 907202

Lol! You won’t regret it. I don’t think he gets enough credit around here. I actually thought about just getting that one, but I prefer pen/wharnfliff and hoping for darker dye.

Well first you have to buy a GEC #15 Navy knife and then ask traumkommode to do a modification on it :D:D:D

Now THERE’S an idea! I did a cursory search on the interwebs for a Lambsfoot and wasn’t finding anything I liked. I like your idea better, yours looks amazing!

I used strike anywhere matches on my new 77 Barlow :eek: the match strike pull doesn’t really have aggressive enough teeth. I had no success with the 77. Im excited to see if others have tried with success on different knives

I just tried the two different type matches : Strike Anywhere Matches and the Strike On Box Matches , both by Diamond on the latest and the 2016 versions of the GEC 77 Barlow they did not fire off on either one .

Harry

Strke on box matches, aka- safety matches need the chemical on the striker strip on the box. Strike anywhere are the fun ones, but don't drop the box! The whole box can go off.

Striker pulls look cool, but if I only had one match to light a fire, I'd strike it on the zipper of my jeans.:cool:

Thanks, FBC. :) G-10 covers on your humpback whittler? :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:
Yes, it is. You can see it a little better here
16827635700_f6f01678f7_b.jpg

Choice pic, FBC! :cool::thumbsup: Cool Queen stockman, but the Chuck Taylor's stood out to me. There was a time when I wore only white or black All-Stars, but I would never pay more than $10/pair, so that time was LONG ago. I still have 3 pairs in the closet I think (2 white and one LNIB Carolina Blue pair that was too good a bargain to pass up), but back then I always bought size 9 1/2 and nowadays I wear size 11! :eek: (I suspect shoe sizes have changed more over 50 years than my feet have. :rolleyes:)
Same here. I have worn Chuck's or Vans as far back as I can remember. Also, the sizing did change.

I've been pretty much alternating between my 77 and the Churchill this week.

I've never met a cat that liked citrus fruit, so I've had to eat it all. :)

Here's today's carries with Echo in one of her "rolling spots"
View attachment 907171
@Gevonovich r8shell , good looking cats.
Here is our little leader of the house.
18899365092_f95b655a57_c.jpg

I think she had a hard night. :p:D

Da Churchill
41439281294_d9cb89e273_h.jpg

Now THERE’S an idea! I did a cursory search on the interwebs for a Lambsfoot and wasn’t finding anything I liked. I like your idea better, yours looks amazing!

Well, I don't know how much Andrew enjoys doing the mods, but I know he's done at least three now. The best part is that you are getting GEC quality with a lambsfoot blade. I don't know if all of the Navy knives from that run are of equal quality, but the one that I got from Buzzbait had better walk and talk than the most recent run of 78s, and those were really impressive. There are still stainless steel Navy knives for sale at dealers, too.

Well....I started carrying this one at the crack of dawn to go fishing. Got to the boat ramp and my battery was beyond dead.

IMG_2172.jpg

So I ran to Walmart to pick up a new battery and decided I'd carry this the rest of the day.

IMG_2190.jpg

Love the Vic Mauser! Sure don't see a lot of those around.

Reactions: 315
Back