What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Congrats! On both, but I know you've had your eye out for vintage Catts...;)
Thank you very much Jeff !!! I have always watched for Catts for the last 4 years . I think that I now have 10 or 11 of them . Just too lazy right now to go count them . They have a distinctive noise when they close that I have never heard of with any other brand except my Old Taylors Eye Witness knives that you have handled .
I see that you are doing some Modding . The picture that I have seen looks pretty good . Maybe we need to talk and do some trading my friend .

Harry

Magnificent pairs for Timber Thicket Thursday, Ron & Jack! ;):thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Meritorious melanoid pair for today, Jack! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup: Thanks for the kind words. :)

I've added a category to my weekly carry - Lambsfoot of the Week. This week it's this 2017 Guardians Lambsfoot with horn handles:
62ndCKi.jpg

- GT

Thanks for the compliments my friend, I like your new category ;) :thumbsup:

Thanks, Jack! GT does have a way with words.

He is the Ace of Adjectives! :D :thumbsup:

Decided over the next few weeks to carry a some of my favourite old Traditionals alongside my everyday modern knife .
Here is the first to see the light of day .

Ken

Nice to see that one Ken :) I think you might have missed a post I made a while back (a good while back now)...

Rodeo Cast Handle Jack 1-3.JPG

Rodeo Cast Handle Jack 1-1.JPG

Tang stamp reads 'Rodeo' over 'Sheffield' over 'England' if I remember correctly :) :cool: :thumbsup:

Nice to see that one Ken :) I think you might have missed a post I made a while back (a good while back now)...

View attachment 925944

View attachment 925946

Tang stamp reads 'Rodeo' over 'Sheffield' over 'England' if I remember correctly :) :cool: :thumbsup:

I have to admit I didnt know you were the proud owner of one of these unusual specimens .
Where did you find it ?
I thought that they were made for and distributed to the colonies and sub continent ?

Ken

PS - I also have a double bladed one like yours , but the main blade was damaged and I reprofiled it to a strange kind of Sheepsfoot type blade .
I think I might add it to the list of to be carried over the next few weeks .

Ken

I have to admit I didnt know you were the proud owner of one of these unusual specimens .
Where did you find it ?
I thought that they were made for and distributed to the colonies and sub continent ?

Ken

PS - I also have a double bladed one like yours , but the main blade was damaged and I reprofiled it to a strange kind of Sheepsfoot type blade .
I think I might add it to the list of to be carried over the next few weeks .

Ken

I forget now Ken, it probably came from a fleamarket I think. After seeing yours, I was glad to find it, particularly as it had a tang-stamp. I don't know anything more about them, but if they were made for export, and even for a specific contract, knives come back, and there was always a lot of 'leakage' from the Sheffield factories (and from the smaller firms and individual cutlers they sub-contracted work to), both out of the front door, and out of the back. I'll look forward to seeing your two-blade :) :thumbsup:

I'm carrying this 2012 GEC Krack-A-Jack today (for the weekend). It has my favorite Clip blade, something about the way it was ground just looks "right" to me, and the shield makes me laugh. The mule reminds me of Francis, the talking ARMY mule (from an old comedy movie I liked when I was a kid). OH
Krack-A-Jack_jackknife_opt.jpg

This little ebony lockback is monopolizing my pocket, need to reprofile the edge when I get around to it. Wish it was SS but GEC hasn't made SS Tascosas yet :( Enjoying blackberries from the back yard.

blackberries1.jpg

It's a stellar Stagurday in Northern Virginia today, but about to get stifling. Case 53087 and 5347, both from 1940-1964 era.

tAXcYoL.jpg

wKqvdtF.jpg

dpJtNc4.jpg

(For some reason, my phone won't upload the pic of the pile side - maybe later.)

Edited hours later to add the uploaded pile side. Whew!
- Stuart

Last edited:
Back