What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

6231 1/2

3217214453_c77eddc0d0_b.jpg

Well, after spending time with the Tacticool crowd, ive decided i'm a traditional kinda guy.

Sebbie has been traded away, as I became addicted to carrying this little beauty

3218276735_86059bd06d.jpg

Today I have been carrying one of my favorites. A Case yellow trapper.:thumbup:

As usual, I carry several knives at a time, just something I do ;)
as each one has a purpose or a need that I feel I like to have at hand.

Recently I found this one in my drawer and sharpened it up to carry and
find it quite useful as a rough and tumble working knife, especially the smaller
blade which was a bit thick edged but have reprofiled it so it cuts very well
the size and the fact that the nail nicks are on the same side facing you is
a nice feature, about 3 1/4" closed, made in the Emerald Isle or at least so it
says on the main blade, here is a quick shot taken while here in Clearwater FL
on business, sitting in the hotel, ho-hum :)

IMG_0484.jpg

G2

Little Kabar stockman today.Whoever owned this little thing buffed the heck out of the blades but it's tight and f/f is great.I had to put a diamond file on the sheepsfoot nail nick to make it a little deeper to open.The scales are hard as a rock. I think they are bakelite. If anyone knows Kabars please give me a bit of info like the age.

P1010008-7.jpg

P1010009-5.jpg

Well, after spending time with the Tacticool crowd, ive decided i'm a traditional kinda guy.

Sebbie has been traded away, as I became addicted to carrying this little beauty

3218276735_86059bd06d.jpg

A fine knife
Quite a handful of blades
Lovely bone

Today I wsa loaded for bear. Actually the last two days. Since I was away. I had a Case Medium Stockman in amber jog bone in my right front pocket. A Case Canoe in amber jig bone in my watch pocket. Case Large Stockman in amber jig bone in right rear pocket. Case Trapper in amber jig bone in left rear pocket next to my wallet. And a Vic SAK Champ Plus with my keys in my left front pocket. As my collection grows it gets harder to choose what to carry. I had to many today. Need to learn how to choose just a few.

Bill

Got an Ohta today...older western and puma my normal carry lately. Queen with D2 is a reliable work knife.

oldones.jpg

11 or 12 (1 or 2 edges on the SAK?) actual blades Buck_F, if i counted right... Sweet.. Wish i could do that, but I'd never stand the weight....

Today was the amherst large hunter, and this Remington R668 after I picked it up at the post office mid day... :)

attachment.php

G.

Attachments

• IMGP2196.jpg
    IMGP2196.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 748
This is my favorite user, and the knife that most often finds itself in my pocket.

eyebrandstockmanhh8.jpg

I went lite today. Just had 2.

My favorite thus far, Case Canoe in Amber Jig Bone CV
DPP_007.jpg

Case Natural smooth bone medium Stockman 3 3/8" I am liking this more and more.
DPP_014.jpg

Bill

It's SATURDAY. Yee Hah. PC Tiny is on the dresser until Monday.

It's a King for me!

CattleKing-1.jpg

I always carry a slippie in the right front pocket.
Today it's a Case, C. Platts' Sons Baby Butterbean w/Stag.
3192327849_f044a9c0a0_b.jpg

Back