What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

13934298132_44aa73e224_b.jpg
I love that picture. Don't let the little horny toad fall into the chasm!

Today I was carrying this Federal Knife Co. Jack. Next time you see it, it'll have new rosewood covers. (and a nail relief so I can open the pen blade.)
byc8r4K.jpg

Today I was carrying this Federal Knife Co. Jack. Next time you see it, it'll have new rosewood covers. (and a nail relief so I can open the pen blade.)
byc8r4K.jpg
Thank you, Rachel ! I'll keep em safe..had em since the 70's

Looking forward to see the Federal in its new life !! It looks like the rain may stop. I sure hope so

... I’ve had this ragtag pair in my pocket all morning! ;) :D
41992443752_28065183ee_b_d.jpg
Those ragtag knives are legends in their own time, Ron! ;):thumbsup::thumbsup:

That toadstool Moore Maker looks amazing, Dwight :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:, but I'm not sure what pattern it is. :confused: Are you willing to provide additional info? No hurry, I've got all the time in the world! ;)

Thanks Gary and some fine carries you have picked out this
Thanks, Randy. :) Just a matter of time until my rotation schedule says I have to pick out a different set. ;)

A fine quartet my friend, I particularly like the Stockman :thumbsup:
I had a hankering to carry my long-neglected Abbeydale Jack today :) Paired it with my AC Lambsfoot :thumbsup:

5Jku648.jpg

Thanks, Jack. :) I knew that the Abbeydale Jack would be back :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:, all in good time, and now I can let the good times roll! ;)

Black & white
VIzduzV.jpg
Attractive couple of knives, @Aryan29 ! :thumbsup::cool::cool: I've looked at Böker Magnum (and Plus) knives from time to time; how do you like yours?

Seeing that knife makes me feel like I'm in a time warp, @Travman! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup: I don't want to give you a hard time, but is the secondary blade "stock" from the factory, or did you do a lambsfoot modification? It's a real eye-catcher! ;):thumbsup::thumbsup:

28jw5u1.jpg

New&Old, Small&Big
Couple of rich Uncles you have there, David; must be good times for the 3 of you!! ;):thumbsup::thumbsup:

Thanks, Gary! Nice set of knives you're carrying today. :thumbsup::thumbsup:
I appreciate that you have good things to say about my knives all the time, Dean. :)

89 pattern, Melon/Executive whittler :)
Thanks for giving me the time of day with that 89 info, Chip! ;):thumbsup::cool:

A (new to me) 66 stockman in desert ironwood. Very nice grain on this one...dare I say chatoyance (reference back to when the palo santo TC was released);):)
GlgynL.jpg
That wood is certainly going to stand the test of time, Paul!! :cool::thumbsup::cool: Stunning!

The sand of time have been kind to that superb Imperial, Rachel! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

Thanks, GT! To be honest, I don’t know much about the cover material. I just know I like it! It’s an acrylic, certainly, and it looks to have some strips of something metallic embedded inside. Sorry I can’t be more help. :oops:

Nice looking stockman! :thumbsup::cool:

I’ve got a Big Jack with me today.
npeDzNN.jpg
Thanks for making time to provide what info you have, and to comment on my stockman. :) Your Big Jack is a big time knife! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

I've been really enjoying this one the last couple days. Easy carry once I added an easy open notch for the spey blade and sanded down a ridge of stag on the pile side.

S0EkDshl.jpg

Although I do wish the nail nicks were a bit deeper.
That's a knife that could make time stand still! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup: If you want to send it to me, I'd use it regularly and, in the fulness of time, I'd get those nail nicks a little deeper for you! ;):D

5K Qs 5K Qs I will heed your advice on the Alox sir. :) That Richartz with the table covers is a real cool little knife. It must have been made just for you.

Kutmaster.
No time like the present to get more Alox, and the times table knife helps me pass the time. :) Kicking' Kutmaster with killer covers, Nick; you must have been in the right place at the right time to grab that beauty! :cool::thumbsup::cool:

Nice knives, GT. I am a fan of the Sabre line, but that Blac-Jacket is so cool. It made me wish that I still had my tuxedo handy.
Boy, I must have gone to sleep at the keyboard. I posted this multi-quote with only one comment in it. ...
- Stuart
I was confused when I first read your post, but thought if I bide my time, maybe it would make more sense. ;) And it does! :cool::) Thanks for the encouraging words about my knives, Stuart. :) (For the time being, I'll remain tuxedoless, but I can check regularly at Good Will to see if they get a tux in my size. :rolleyes:)

I have one of those. It takes an amazingly sharp edge.
That's a challenge to me, Jeff. ;) It's high time I get a decent edge on that big boy.

Hope everyone has a good Friday :) Carrying these two today :thumbsup:
Jack & Darren, those are a couple of very timely dazzling dark duos for Friday! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

View attachment 1005898
Happy Friday porch people!
Can't find many better matching pairs than your Toledo and Hummingbird, Joshua! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:
But I'm in a race against time to finish this post and get to bed, so I think I'll end with your post! Time's up! :rolleyes:

- GT

Pam and I participated in our first 5K this morning. She was prepared but I basically went from the couch and remote straight to action! :eek: I can barely walk now I hate to think what it’ll be like in the morning! :D They have hard frost warnings out for the area where we’re at. It may be rough on the pumpkins! ;)

44729847394_08d6b2bf99_b_d.jpg
Surefire training secret for ya. Tell Pam she needs some new shoes. Take her to the biggest indoor mall around. follow her from store to store as she tries them all on. Even if she finds the perfect shoes at the first store, she will not buy them without hitting every other store to make sure she doesn't find some better.
No sitting on the bench with the other husbands. You'll be in shape in no time.
Thanks. I've noticed it's a very finicky plane but with some finesse and a sharp blade it works very well!
A LOT of finesse. I have one of those old boys, and they are a bear.

byc8r4K.jpg
Can't wait to see it! Please be sure to take a few in-progress shots, Rachel.

Those ragtag knives are legends in their own time, Ron! ;):thumbsup::thumbsup:
Your very kind Gary! Thanks! :)

Surefire training secret for ya. Tell Pam she needs some new shoes. Take her to the biggest indoor mall around. follow her from store to store as she tries them all on. Even if she finds the perfect shoes at the first store, she will not buy them without hitting every other store to make sure she doesn't find some better.
No sitting on the bench with the other husbands. You'll be in shape in no time.
I’m truly blessed in the fact that my wife is not a compulsive shopper. We have been to the mall maybe 3 times this year. :D

That toadstool Moore Maker looks amazing, Dwight :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:, but I'm not sure what pattern it is. :confused: Are you willing to provide additional info? No hurry, I've got all the time in the world! ;)
Thanks Gary! She is a Moore Maker Sowbelly 5204 made in 2009 with a Clip and a Spey clad in smooth yellow bone measuring 3&3/4" closed. Perfect in every way and just a tad snooty. :D And isn't it nice to have "all the time in the world" my retired friend? but -WARNING - the brain can travel from zero to MUSH faster than you might think professor. :eek:

I’ve been carrying the TT for over a month now and I like it a lot.
It is a bit smaller than the Peanut but it serves the same purpose....

Thanks for the photo comparison and discussion! It does look small, but the trapper frame adds some bulk that the "33" frame lacks. I will definitely add the WTT to my wish list and keep on the lookout for one.

Back