What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

A quick drop-in to post some of the knives on my rotation schedule this week.
Alox of the Week is a black Vic Pioneer:
upW10WO.jpg

non-Alox SAK of the Week is a Wenger Esquire:
iBdhU91.jpg

Stockman of the Week is actually a Kingston cattle knife (thanks, Mark):
OF0QgTP.jpg

Bailed non-SAK of the Week is an Imperial BSA imitating a SAK (thanks, Paul):
0Lzgu26.jpg

- GT

Quite the cowboy carry on that alox 5K Qs 5K Qs
Thanks, Colin. :) It's actually a piece of the webbing from an old baseball glove. I ripped out some stitches from one end and had myself a very serviceable pocket slip. (And the little thong at the top allows me to wear it as a "Buckaroo sheath" ala @Horsewright ! ;) Most often, that slip contains my "Big Knife of the Week" and gets dropped into the long tool pocket on the right leg of my carpenter jeans.

- GT

Thanks, Colin. :) It's actually a piece of the webbing from an old baseball glove. I ripped out some stitches from one end and had myself a very serviceable pocket slip. (And the little thong at the top allows me to wear it as a "Buckaroo sheath" ala @Horsewright ! ;) Most often, that slip contains my "Big Knife of the Week" and gets dropped into the long tool pocket on the right leg of my carpenter jeans.
I don't know about you GT but one of these days I'm gonna purchase one of Mr. Ferry's fine handmade knives along with a pancake sheath. I can't believe I have put it off this long. I use to crastinate. Then I got so good at it I became a "pro". :D

For Friday, February 22, I salute the Father of our Country on his birthday:
46413669324_0d4fc6c9f9_h.jpg

GEC #15 ebony Huckleberry Boys Knife.

And maybe this old friend:
43923852870_af306c60a1_h.jpg

Case mini-trapper, a classic American pattern.
Well done Vince. I concur my friend.

- GT
Great idea, Gary! Wonder if I should try the same with my glove. Don't use it anymore. I love baseball glove leather.

Back