What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Always the Camillus. But the secondary knife of the day award goes to the GEC-manufactured Northwoods Esky Zulu in denim micarta. This was a somewhat controversial run of knives at the time. But however you feel about the run, it's a darned useful knife. Probably my favorite EDC blade shape of all time. It's just absurdly useful in pretty much any situation, and the length on the Esky is just right. My only real gripe is that the pull on the blade in a bit heavy for my tastes, but the ability to pinch open the blade largely nullifies that concern.

MP55XC3h.jpg
The Zulu is my favorite blade. I have the NW denim and the black Micarta. Only because you mention it, I was curious about the controversy. If you don’t want to bring it up here, that’s ok, too. I can live with my curiosity.:)

Always the Camillus. But the secondary knife of the day award goes to the GEC-manufactured Northwoods Esky Zulu in denim micarta. This was a somewhat controversial run of knives at the time. But however you feel about the run, it's a darned useful knife. Probably my favorite EDC blade shape of all time. It's just absurdly useful in pretty much any situation, and the length on the Esky is just right. My only real gripe is that the pull on the blade in a bit heavy for my tastes, but the ability to pinch open the blade largely nullifies that concern.

MP55XC3h.jpg

Nice pair Buzz and Happy Birthday !

The Zulu is my favorite blade. I have the NW denim and the black Micarta. Only because you mention it, I was curious about the controversy. If you don’t want to bring it up here, that’s ok, too. I can live with my curiosity.:)

Some people had an issue with using the name Zulu and using the distinctive blade shape, with asking permission from the pattern's creator or offering financial compensation.

Back