What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

This knife will forever be known as "almost." As in I almost sold it. It was on my list but after cleaning and oiling it and flitzing off the patina I couldn't pull it fast enough. Whew, that was close!
Every time I start to think about selling one I experience that. :D And that is a textbook example! :eek:

fullsizeoutput_140e.jpeg

3OaPt1F.jpg

Great little knife

I call this photo "Shadow Fingers" :)

Gorgeous handle. Giraffe bone ?

Thanks, guys! Mr. Morrow does some fine work.
Harry, Here's a few more quick pictures.

bkxJTUe.jpg

VDLutHp.jpg

51ap7KR.jpg

b4clIWl.jpg
Wow, one of the best I've seen displayed here :thumbsup:
Beautiful.

Yeah, Jeff, you know the routine! Sometimes I find some good stuff. Found a 1952 souvenir knife of Queen Elizabeth's coronation (the coronation was in 1953, but this was an early souvenir, I guess) from Richards of Sheffield, and another time a 1982 Schrade Scrimshaw stockman new in box. Taking my 15-year-old daughter. She loves knives. Then going to get some good Texas BBQ. Going to be a good day!
Great that your daughter loves knives :thumbsup:
Have a nice time Vince!

This knife will forever be known as "almost." As in I almost sold it. It was on my list but after cleaning and oiling it and flitzing off the patina I couldn't pull it fast enough. Whew, that was close!View attachment 1096614
Beautiful. Is that an 83? I love my 83. Easily one of my favorite knives.

This arrived in the mailbox yesterday.

full

PAL CUTLERY CO( curved stamp )
c. 1945 -1953 at Plattsburg or Holyoke plant
It's a Rogers bone piece of jewelry. This thing is a made like a dream. 3 & 3/8th with half stops and thinly ground blades. With a Zen ring I designed when in my teens (black star sapphire bisected by the female passive (smooth area ) and the male aggressive (rough area ) ) The stone is illuminated by the light of the Sun

46725807364_1e578bf3b1_b.jpg

Back