What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by jackknife, Apr 8, 2008.

1. Half/Stop

Half/Stop Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 25, 2014
    I’m pairing these two again today. It’s hard to go wrong with Ironwood or Red Sawcut Bone! ;) They are two of my favorites! :)

[​IMG]

2. Will Power

Will Power Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 18, 2007
    Haven't had this one out for a while, it's surprisingly light and extremely well finished :cool:

[​IMG]

3. sunknife

sunknife Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 28, 2018
    Day behind here. This was yesterdays carry, #72 African Blackwood lockback and an orange bone RR small stockman.
    Coffee time at the moment, not yet sure what will leave the house with me when I head out today. 72 LB & RR stockman #2 - 1.jpg

4. Travman

Travman Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 26, 2016
    [​IMG]

5. Amir Fleschwund

Amir Fleschwund Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 29, 2008
    A nice pair, and photo of them!

mitch4ging and tmd_87 like this.
  6. Fodderwing

Fodderwing Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 31, 2017
    IMG_9963.jpeg

7. Amir Fleschwund

Nov 29, 2008
    I got caught up on this thread waiting for enough light. TEW LF, and Case 7254 Trapper provide pocket ballast today. B0F128CC-E4F0-4434-9AA5-3BE85709F2BF.jpeg

8. JohnDF

JohnDF Gold Member Gold Member

May 14, 2018
    Nice to see Pearl stepping out with a fine English gentleman.

Another fantastic water picture, Dwight.

I love the diamond shield on your trapper.

9. JohnDF

May 14, 2018
    This is proving to be a potent pairing.
    [​IMG]

10. dc50

dc50 Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 14, 2006
    Todays carry a nice yellow Boker
    Boker Yellow LB2.JPG

11. JohnDF

May 14, 2018
    Those are great knives for the money. I have one in orange...
    [​IMG]

12. HST

HST

Apr 2, 2015
    Good Morning, Y’all. It’s a beautiful day, in Georgia. All the best and enjoy your day.

E0AC1647-E02C-4756-B0F9-C4BD48D037D8.jpeg

13. dc50

dc50 Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 14, 2006
    They are John, it's one of those knives that sits in the back of the drawer, for a time,,,,, and you rediscover all over again.:thumbsup::cool:

mitch4ging, Aryan29 and cigarrodog like this.
  14. JohnDF

May 14, 2018
    That is so true. I think I'll take it on my next camping trip, it should make a fantastic camp knife.

mitch4ging, cigarrodog and dc50 like this.
  15. Zachary

Zachary Gold Member Gold Member

May 26, 2017
    42580FBC-38DA-4798-B59B-057D13E8485B.jpeg Here is the long and short of my cutting potential for the day.

16. Amir Fleschwund

Nov 29, 2008
    Thanks for reminding of that! It was one thing that caught my eye in the first place, but somehow had forgotten it!:oops:

A Peanut with almost anything else makes a potent combination, especially a capable slicy longer blade.
    I suppose I should include mine in my daily photos, because it’s always there no matter what else I’m totin.

17. kenspen

kenspen

Mar 25, 2010
    Blackwood Wednesday.
    [​IMG]

18. Buzzbait

Buzzbait

Feb 25, 2001
    I'm mixing things up a bit today. The Camillus is still with me, but I swapped out the Case mini-trapper for a punch stockman in yellow Delrin. I vacillate between these two patterns, as to which I love most.

And for show and tell, I have a Case burnt amber bone Backpocket knife, with 154-CM blade. The covers were originally a bit light in color for my taste, looking almost like oatmeal. So I eventually dyed them a bit deeper, and I'm very happy with how they came out. Overall, the Backpocket is a wonderful knife. Nice and slim, and not too heavy for its size. The big clip blade is beautifully styled, and cuts like nobody's business. Nice jigging on the covers.

If I had to pick a weakness in this model, I'd say it was the half stop. The pull is so strong and there's so much travel in the blade as it springs to the half stop position, the nail nick tends to rip right through your finger nail. I'd really prefer that this knife didn't have a half stop at all. But it's a minor quibble. I own quite a few Backpockets, so they couldn't be all that bad.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

19. Pinemoon

Pinemoon

Mar 25, 2005
    Awesome pic, thinking you should send it to Jose'. Love the knife stand!
    ¡Olé! :)

Nice one, and nice connection to him :)

Great looking bones there sir :thumbsup:

A Katz stockman today

[​IMG]

willard0341, Duckdog, kai76 and 26 others like this.
  20. Prester John

Prester John Gold Member Gold Member

May 20, 2018
    Thanks! I've sent it to him, and I think he has used it.

Not only is the edge sharp on that knife, but the tip is like a needle: I used it to open a case of water bottles that was shrink-wrapped, and I accidentally pierced a bottle; wasn't even using much force. Water started gushing out because the shrink wrap was pressing the bottles tightly together! I just gotta be careful. ;)