What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

These two today, it might be a few days before another fixed blade manages to supplant this one.

YIlb7jN.jpg

I’m pairing these two again today. It’s hard to go wrong with Ironwood or Red Sawcut Bone! ;) They are two of my favorites! :)

40403139593_1609868c96_b_d.jpg

Certainly a beautiful pairing Ron :) :thumbsup:

Stunning pic Dwight :thumbsup:

I got caught up on this thread waiting for enough light. TEW LF, and Case 7254 Trapper provide pocket ballast today.View attachment 1099155

Very nice Jeff :thumbsup:

Nice to see Pearl stepping out with a fine English gentleman.

Another fantastic water picture, Dwight.

I love the diamond shield on your trapper.

Thanks a lot John :thumbsup:

This is proving to be a potent pairing.

Excellent :thumbsup:

I'm mixing things up a bit today. The Camillus is still with me, but I swapped out the Case mini-trapper for a punch stockman in yellow Delrin. I vacillate between these two patterns, as to which I love most.

And for show and tell, I have a Case burnt amber bone Backpocket knife, with 154-CM blade. The covers were originally a bit light in color for my taste, looking almost like oatmeal. So I eventually dyed them a bit deeper, and I'm very happy with how they came out. Overall, the Backpocket is a wonderful knife. Nice and slim, and not too heavy for its size. The big clip blade is beautifully styled, and cuts like nobody's business. Nice jigging on the covers.

If I had to pick a weakness in this model, I'd say it was the half stop. The pull is so strong and there's so much travel in the blade as it springs to the half stop position, the nail nick tends to rip right through your finger nail. I'd really prefer that this knife didn't have a half stop at all. But it's a minor quibble. I own quite a few Backpockets, so they couldn't be all that bad.

sJCkUS8h.jpg

eaOJ9Y3h.jpg

I've always thought that was a very good-looking pattern :) Looks like you've got all the bases covered Buzz :thumbsup:

Received this #15 Navy from JTB_5 JTB_5 . @traumkommode masterly modded the blade into a Lambfoot. The finish on the stainless steel is sublime.
View attachment 1099273

Congratulations Harvey :thumbsup:

I’m usually off on Fridays but had to adjust my week to accommodate some mandatory training. Just waiting for all the frost to burn off and dry up then I’ll weed eat and mow the lawn for the first time, which I always hate doing. Figured if I was going to be doing work then I’d grab a couple of knives that always work...

3-EBFFC53-3-FF4-4-D6-D-B0-E3-B6-B942409017.jpg

I'm mixing things up a bit today. The Camillus is still with me, but I swapped out the Case mini-trapper for a punch stockman in yellow Delrin. I vacillate between these two patterns, as to which I love most.

And for show and tell, I have a Case burnt amber bone Backpocket knife, with 154-CM blade. The covers were originally a bit light in color for my taste, looking almost like oatmeal. So I eventually dyed them a bit deeper, and I'm very happy with how they came out. Overall, the Backpocket is a wonderful knife. Nice and slim, and not too heavy for its size. The big clip blade is beautifully styled, and cuts like nobody's business. Nice jigging on the covers.

If I had to pick a weakness in this model, I'd say it was the half stop. The pull is so strong and there's so much travel in the blade as it springs to the half stop position, the nail nick tends to rip right through your finger nail. I'd really prefer that this knife didn't have a half stop at all. But it's a minor quibble. I own quite a few Backpockets, so they couldn't be all that bad.

sJCkUS8h.jpg

eaOJ9Y3h.jpg

Great job Darkening up the bone ! How did you do it ?

The Robins are back and the Jonquils are about to bloom!
These two seem to find their way into my pockets regularly. They cover most tasks on my urban/suburban adventures. Add a sheath knife for the woods and I'm good to go.

3ubNIQl.jpg

Morning folks, got these two with me today :thumbsup:

zCnpipt.jpg

1McU2m8.jpg
Looking good, Jack! Looks like Pearl is enjoying some fresh air!:):thumbsup:
Have a Great Mid-Week Wednesday Morning! :D:D

EG8DcPC.jpg
Well equipped, Del! Nice photo!:cool:
I’m pairing these two again today. It’s hard to go wrong with Ironwood or Red Sawcut Bone! ;) They are two of my favorites! :)

40403139593_1609868c96_b_d.jpg
Great photo, Ron!! Both knives look like it could be a
Day behind here. This was yesterdays carry, #72 African Blackwood lockback and an orange bone RR small stockman.
Coffee time at the moment, not yet sure what will leave the house with me when I head out today.View attachment 1099146
Nice coffee and work knives there! Nice photo!;):thumbsup:
I miss my Beerscout:(, I gave it to my son!o_O nice looking shot, Trav!:thumbsup:
A nice pair, and photo of them!
Thank you very much, Jeff!

I got caught up on this thread waiting for enough light. TEW LF, and Case 7254 Trapper provide pocket ballast today.View attachment 1099155
Fantastic photos from both Jeff and Dwight!! Brighten up the page with those dandies!:eek::thumbsup:
This is proving to be a potent pairing.
A great pair, indeed, John!! May have to do a similar carry!:cool::thumbsup:
Todays carry a nice yellow Boker
View attachment 1099196
A Bright Beautiful Boker, Dave! Like sunshine in your pocket!:D:thumbsup:
Received this #15 Navy from JTB_5 JTB_5 . @traumkommode masterly modded the blade into a Lambfoot. The finish on the stainless steel is sublime.
View attachment 1099273
Wow!! Absolutely Awesome, Harvey!! Love it!:eek::thumbsup:

Back